And now the AGs respond

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com

From Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost

“The Court specifically addressed this sort of intimidation on page 29 of its order.

We have a call to try to resolve it this morning… but just in case, we’ve got a lawyer on the road to the federal courthouse.”

Reactions: Chefcal82
Why all the pages? A simple yes or no they can play 14 days temporarily without harm to the player or the school would suffice.

I realize power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, but the NCAA is taking it to a new level. Zeessh.

Reactions: WESTBGVA
I realize power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, but the NCAA is taking it to a new level. Zeessh.
They're afraid of losing all their money they make off of individuals and Universities. The NCAA needs demolished.

Reactions: Chefcal82
They're afraid of losing all their money they make off of individuals and Universities. The NCAA needs demolished.
How does the NCAA lose money? They lost in the 1980’s when the SCOTUS allowed schools to negotiate their bowls and media. The NCAA is purely a legal safe haven for the schools to avoid taxes, paying wages, and requirements of labor laws etc. The schools need the NCAA more than they need the schools. Don’t let anyone fool you. The schools want to keep the NCAA, but only on their terms. The worst thing to happen was that dreadful and idiotic SCOTUS decision in the 1980’s. Amateurism is dead.

they going to play?
I hope so. I also hope this BS ends and the NCAA separates. Then let these schools pay the kids and taxes. You want to destroy everything, then tear it down. Make the kids pay federal and state taxes as well. Welcome to reality.

Reactions: wvpaper
How does the NCAA lose money? They lost in the 1980’s when the SCOTUS allowed schools to negotiate their bowls and media. The NCAA is purely a legal safe haven for the schools to avoid taxes, paying wages, and requirements of labor laws etc. The schools need the NCAA more than they need the schools. Don’t let anyone fool you. The schools want to keep the NCAA, but only on their terms. The worst thing to happen was that dreadful and idiotic SCOTUS decision in the 1980’s. Amateurism is dead.
Quit kidding yourself. NCAA controls the purse strings. Schools don't need the NCAA.

• The NCAA reported $2.99 million in compensation for President Mark Emmert during the fiscal year ending in 2021.
  • It also reported more than $52 million in legal fees.

Once Congress gets involved all hell will break lose.

I hope so. I also hope this BS ends and the NCAA separates. Then let these schools pay the kids and taxes. You want to destroy everything, then tear it down. Make the kids pay federal and state taxes as well. Welcome to reality.

I don’t care what they do as long as there is equality across the board. Right now, way too much depends on the favored status.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Quit kidding yourself. NCAA controls the purse strings. Schools don't need the NCAA.

• The NCAA reported $2.99 million in compensation for President Mark Emmert during the fiscal year ending in 2021.
  • It also reported more than $52 million in legal fees.

Once Congress gets involved all hell will break lose.
Don’t fool yourself into thinking the head of the NCAA making $2.99 million a year is extravagant lmao! The CEO of your local hospital makes $1 million or more a year. The NCAA makes very little in the grand scheme of things

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Don’t fool yourself into thinking the head of the NCAA making $2.99 million a year is extravagant lmao! The CEO of your local hospital makes $1 million or more a year. The NCAA makes very little in the grand scheme of things
CEO's that make 2.99 million and 1 million are lower class CEO'S these days.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
That's 2.5 million more than he should be making for doing absolutely nothing but making sure the blue bloods stay blue. You are not as bright as think you are if truly believe the NCAA is not making money.

I would rather the CEO of a hospital make 2.9 million and NCAA CEO be booted out in the cold.

NCAA should be dismantled and soon.

That's 2.5 million more than he should be making for doing absolutely nothing but making sure the blue bloods stay blue. You are not as bright as think you are if truly believe the NCAA is not making money.

I would rather the CEO of a hospital make 2.9 million and NCAA CEO be booted out in the cold.

NCAA should be dismantled and soon.
You’re not that bright either if you think being a CEO of the entire NCAA is meaningless. The point is, he’s running a national governing body and barely paid more than the CEO of a rinky dink hospital in Matewan or Bluefield. It’s foolish to think the NCAA is making all the money.

You’re not that bright either if you think being a CEO of the entire NCAA is meaningless. The point is, he’s running a national governing body and barely paid more than the CEO of a rinky dink hospital in Matewan or Bluefield. It’s foolish to think the NCAA is making all the money.
Here's what I think. Don't give a ****.

Here's what I know you're an ass that enjoys turmoil and misery.

Go **** yourself. I hear your talented.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT