ADVERTISEMENT

....and another thing the Herd will never play football in Morgantown again! Once you've defeated

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
ND in front of both a national audience and Touchdown Jesus, what does a win over a second rate school do for you? If you boys want to play prepare to travel South!

I for one was glad to see the Herd beat the golden domers. Just proof to the old adage of what can happen on any given Saturday.

An afternoon I'll never forget...ND people were pure class though!
No doubt about the ND people, they were a nice bunch when they visited Mountaineer Field. By the way, when is the return game at the Joan ? I may go down and watch that one.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
No doubt about the ND people, they were a nice bunch when they visited Mountaineer Field. By the way, when is the return game at the Joan ? I may go down and watch that one.
I know you stated that in jest, but the reality is with Notre Dame, they really don't do return games for programs that deem below them. I'm not even sure WVU would be able to get ND to come to Morgantown now days.

A few examples: ND's return game against Navy was played at the Eagles NFL stadium or maybe some other NFL venue, return game against Northwestern was played at Soldier's Field. There's many other examples. Things would change if other conferences would stop taking a knee to the ND name. They got a free pass in the Big East for many years, and now are doing the same with the ACC. It's well past time for everybody to come together and tell them to shit, or get off the pot.

Reactions: old buzzard
I know you stated that in jest, but the reality is with Notre Dame, they really don't do return games for programs that deem below them. I'm not even sure WVU would be able to get ND to come to Morgantown now days.

A few examples: ND's return game against Navy was played at the Eagles NFL stadium or maybe some other NFL venue, return game against Northwestern was played at Soldier's Field. There's many other examples. Things would change if other conferences would stop taking a knee to the ND name. They got a free pass in the Big East for many years, and now are doing the same with the ACC. It's well past time for everybody to come together and tell them to shit, or get off the pot.
Navy never hosts them in Annapolis as you stated, guess they can sell more seats in Baltimore or Philly and ND insists on playing in those sites. But I'm kind of pissed at Navy anyway for chickening out of their return game in Huntington after we sunk ( pun intended) their asses in Annapolis last year!

ND in front of both a national audience and Touchdown Jesus, what does a win over a second rate school do for you? If you boys want to play prepare to travel South!
Tony Tony Tony.....why does the herd want to play WV? 12 times they have tried, including with their self admitted best team ever and 12 times they have failed, even with the governor on your team. The fact that your AD and coaches made complete asses of themselves is of secondary importance. The wisest course for the herd would be try to win consistently in their new homeland. Then maybe some day in the future when your administration comes to it's senses and admits their error there might be talks about getting the herd on the schedule every few years........we shall see......and we won't talk basketball for a long time.....state championship rings my round white buttocks [banana]
[banana] :eer:

Tony Tony Tony.....why does the herd want to play WV? 12 times they have tried, including with their self admitted best team ever and 12 times they have failed, even with the governor on your team. The fact that your AD and coaches made complete asses of themselves is of secondary importance. The wisest course for the herd would be try to win consistently in their new homeland. Then maybe some day in the future when your administration comes to it's senses and admits their error there might be talks about getting the herd on the schedule every few years........we shall see......and we won't talk basketball for a long time.....state championship rings my round white buttocks [banana]
[banana] :eer:
That's my point ...no value in playing inferior teams, beat ND and get back to us!

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT