ADVERTISEMENT

Amazing stuff

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
It's hard to find someone in this story who isn't crooked including the U.S. gov't though I'm on the side of the whistleblower. I hope he stays after the our gov't to do the right thing but I know I'm dreaming. smh

Why did the US pay this former Swiss banker $104M?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102631594

It's hard to find someone in this story who isn't crooked including the U.S. gov't though I'm on the side of the whistleblower. I hope he stays after the our gov't to do the right thing but I know I'm dreaming. smh

Why did the US pay this former Swiss banker $104M?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102631594
Personally, I don't agree that money earned offshore should be taxable or even have US Gov oversight.

It's getting to the point where you have to start shell businesses and run them intentionally at a loss to hide a damn dollar these days. Annoying as hell.

Personally, I don't agree that money earned offshore should be taxable or even have US Gov oversight.

It's getting to the point where you have to start shell businesses and run them intentionally at a loss to hide a damn dollar these days. Annoying as hell.
So you're OK with well-connected people moving money offshore specifically for the purpose of avoiding U.S. taxes? Because that's exactly what they were (and still are) doing. It has nothing to do with operating a business overseas.

So you're OK with well-connected people moving money offshore specifically for the purpose of avoiding U.S. taxes? Because that's exactly what they were (and still are) doing. It has nothing to do with operating a business overseas.
Yes. 100% I'm ok with anyone doing anything they can to avoid paying taxes. I'll all for whatever you can get away with. I paid in the 6 figures last year. By God that's enough. I'll not do it again.

I admit to nothing, but if you can figure out a way to keep them from getting it, I support it.

Yes. 100% I'm ok with anyone doing anything they can to avoid paying taxes. I'll all for whatever you can get away with. I paid in the 6 figures last year. By God that's enough. I'll not do it again.

I admit to nothing, but if you can figure out a way to keep them from getting it, I support it.
I hear that's how Greece got into problems.

Last edited:
Are there any other criminal activities that you'd like to share with us?
The fact that you think it's criminal to feel entitled to keep the money you earned as opposed to it being wasted on the strap hangers of society tells me you never made much of it yourself.

If I had a say in how my tax money was spent, I would be more inclined to not seek completely legal means of ensuring the government didn't get it. Give me a check box and % allocation and I'll be happy to assist.

Defense: 90%
Roads: 10%

My property taxes go for education and Police/Fire/ etc.

The fact that you think it's criminal to feel entitled to keep the money you earned as opposed to it being wasted on the strap hangers of society tells me you never made much of it yourself.

If I had a say in how my tax money was spent, I would be more inclined to not seek completely legal means of ensuring the government didn't get it. Give me a check box and % allocation and I'll be happy to assist.

I don't make the rules, I just abide by them. I pay the taxes that I legally owe and don't try to hide any of my income. If you're a tax evader then I hope that you get what could be coming to you. I see no reason to have to take care of free loaders (tax cheat) like yourself if you are one. If you don't like how your tax dollars are being spent, call your state representative/congressperson, etc.

A bit of a difficult call for me. Have no problem with "any legal means", but any means is difficult. The Constitution gives obligation to levy tax to pay countries legal obligations. I struggle with paying obligations that are nothing but political favors. No, I object to taxing to pay political favors.

I don't make the rules, I just abide by them. I pay the taxes that I legally owe and don't try to hide any of my income. If you're a tax evader then I hope that you get what could be coming to you. I see no reason to have to take care of free loaders (tax cheat) like yourself if you are one. If you don't like how your tax dollars are being spent, call your state representative/congressperson, etc.
There are many and I mean many completely legal loopholes to be used. It's not cheating, it's understanding the system and how to legally work around it. Farms are great little shelters with losses due to animal death and equipment depreciation. Property investment that you "lose" money on are other areas. The list is endless and the best part, you are increasing your overall net worth which each. Little venture. Just like the dregs of society have figured out how to milk the system, the other side has figured out how to keep from being raped.

As I assumed, you think using legal loopholes is akin to being a tax cheat. Sad.

A bit of a difficult call for me. Have no problem with "any legal means", but any means is difficult. The Constitution gives obligation to levy tax to pay countries legal obligations. I struggle with paying obligations that are nothing but political favors. No, I object to taxing to pay political favors.
I don't mind paying some. I stringently object to the notion of because I am successful I now exist to subsist those who made poor choices in life.

No, it sounds like you're beating the system legally. I have a friend who has a small business but he hides income when people pay him in cash. I'm no IRS agent or tax accountant but I believe that is illegal and that is the sort of thing that I'm talking about and I believe that it is a common practice. What the people described in the linked article are doing is illegal as well. I think that cheaters should get caught and pay their fair share like I and most people do.

No, it sounds like you're beating the system legally. I have a friend who has a small business but he hides income when people pay him in cash. I'm no IRS agent or tax accountant but I believe that is illegal and that is the sort of thing that I'm talking about and I believe that it is a common practice. What the people described in the linked article are doing is illegal as well. I think that cheaters should get caught and pay their fair share like I and most people do.
If you think you paying $20-30k in taxes is the same as getting levied $200-300k or $2-3 million is remotely comparable to a "fair share" then you've no concept of money.

Oh, and nearly every small business that dealt with cash skimmed. That was the benefit of being a small business owner. Remember the old phrase "I'll pay you in cash" back when you used to be able to negotiate with businesses for a product"? Yes it was and is illegal.

If you think you paying $20-30k in taxes is the same as getting levied $200-300k or $2-3 million is remotely comparable to a "fair share" then you've no concept of money.
When people pay percentages of their income, what is the difference in the examples you cite? How are you being treated unfairly? You mention above that you feel entitled. Are you seeking special treatment for some reason?

When people pay percentages of their income, what is the difference in the examples you cite? How are you being treated unfairly? You mention above that you feel entitled. Are you seeking special treatment for some reason?
When it's universally applied and taxed at the same percentages it's fair. When it's higher for higher income earners it's not fair, it's a penalty for being successful.

That system has been around for a while but you should take that up with the IRS. I have no problem with a flat tax, tax everyone at the same rate, eliminate all deductions. Or have no income tax and only tax consumption at a flat rate.

I don't mind paying some. I stringently object to the notion of because I am successful I now exist to subsist those who made poor choices in life.
I have had to pay 'til it hurt, but never required to pay 7 digit taxes. Hope you engage the best available tax accountant. I have engaged them for reinforcement of preparation to be assured that I had maxed. Don't attempt to go on the cheap in these matters - you may be paying more than required or eligible for audit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT