ADVERTISEMENT

Amazing how fickle this board is after a loss

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
And, a loss to one of the top traditional teams in the NCAA....on the road.....where they hardly lose......playing for another conference championship......with freshman guards starting and logging almost all the minutes.......

Blame Huggins? That's the card you all always use. If you go back a couple of days, I bet most of you were praising Iowa State for their comeback against Oklahoma. Bet none of you blamed OU's coach?
laugh.r191677.gif
Just Huggs.

Adrian? He's struggling. Didn't score last night. Could have used a couple of points. That last rebound and shot attempt, you can't blame him. He caught the rebound in an awkward position. In a normal situation, he shoots the ball without coming back down to the floor.

If we beat OSU, won't we be 11-7? In the best conference? With a young team? Yeah, that's what I thought. But.....let's just focus on the spring (one game) instead of the marathon (season). That makes sense.

I agree with you that it was not what I was hoping for from this board and it would have been different in years past, but I can't hear the Adrian stuff anymore.In his last 5 games he has 9 points and 10 fouls, and is shooting 4 for 18. For the season he averages as many fouls as points and rebounds (2.5) and is shooting 17% behind the arc, 29% overall. I get that he is a local kid and can sometime grab a big board and hustle, but the numbers don't lie and my eyes don't lie, he is a liability not an asset when he is on the court. Catching the ball in an awkward position is just no excuse, he was hesitant right when it touched his hands. He simply is not a Big 12 player and things won't get easier for him next year, he could be WVIAC player of the year though.

Dude it was the manner in which they lost. They were dominating Kansas and then lost the lead and eventually the game. This was a huge missed opportunity.

So....your fine with us blowing an 18 point lead because Kansas is good?

That's the problem...people like you are okay with losses...

Its okay WVU...you played hard...here is your trophy....MountaineerWV will pass one out to everyone.

No...really...its okay Keaton...Kansas is top traditional team....and we were on the road.

Its okay that WVU lost.

We shouldn't expect anything greater than above average around here.

love how you're posturing like you "expected" a win last night............... with Staten and Browne on the mend.

WVU progressed last night as a team. We are 22-8. The day is good.

Luckily for me, the PROFESSIONALS agree........... as we've moved from a projected 6 seed to a 5, despite the loss.

Originally posted by WVUFanForever:
No...really...its okay Keaton...Kansas is top traditional team....and we were on the road.

Its okay that WVU lost.

We shouldn't expect anything greater than above average around here.

laugh.r191677.gif

No experienced point guard, no senior leadership and on the road at Kansas. If anyone had told me we'd take Kansas to overtime under those circumstances I'd have laughed at them. So I for one am very impressed. Yes we lost. But those kids played their hearts out. Took them to overtime in a building where they've lost very, very few games. I'd much rather lose one like this with a young team than get blown out and have the guys wondering if they're good enough. They will learn a valuable lesson from this. Turnovers and foul shooting cost them a game they should have easily won.

You guys are funny that you waste your time finding these gifs or pictures....or maybe you already had them saved for some odd reason...

And then you actually post them.

Not really sure what the point of them is...but hey...whatever you guys fancy.

Originally posted by MountaineerWV:
And, a loss to one of the top traditional teams in the NCAA....on the road.....where they hardly lose......playing for another conference championship......with freshman guards starting and logging almost all the minutes.......

Blame Huggins? That's the card you all always use. If you go back a couple of days, I bet most of you were praising Iowa State for their comeback against Oklahoma. Bet none of you blamed OU's coach?
laugh.r191677.gif
Just Huggs.

Adrian? He's struggling. Didn't score last night. Could have used a couple of points. That last rebound and shot attempt, you can't blame him. He caught the rebound in an awkward position. In a normal situation, he shoots the ball without coming back down to the floor.

If we beat OSU, won't we be 11-7? In the best conference? With a young team? Yeah, that's what I thought. But.....let's just focus on the spring (one game) instead of the marathon (season). That makes sense.
These posts are getting old after every loss. It's almost as bad as the 3xWVUEngineer posts after every football loss saying "Oh No The World Is Ending".

People use this board to vent and if you don't think there would be venting after losing a game late after leading by 18 with the opportunity to snap a huge winning streak, to be the first team ever to sweep Bill Self in the Big 12, NCAA tournament seeding, Big12 tournament seeding, etc, etc, etc....

It seems some of you would only be happy if this board was a big circle jerk 24/7...

Originally posted by WVUFanForever:
You guys are funny that you waste your time finding these gifs or pictures....or maybe you already had them saved for some odd reason...

And then you actually post them.

Not really sure what the point of them is...but hey...whatever you guys fancy.
766579.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT