ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM AD Baker has plans to evaluate West Virginia football program

I just see excuses for Brown from Gee and the GOBN. Gee is too old to really know, and I heard Hoppy and the 3 clucks before the game crew told Baker that the fans love Neal Brown, which is totally untrue, except for a few of the poor souls who call in Hoppy's show and whine on about how "WVU cant get better than Brown, and no one wants to come to poor ol' West Virginny or we need an insider so's dey dont hurt R feewlings, dar!" The loser mentality is thick with some folks.

If Brown was serious about winning he would find an OL coach and a DC who can coach. The fact that he didnt says enough. Top it off with the worst record in over 40 years, and its like, why are we even having this discussion? Oh yeah that's right, Floppy, Glee and Asslop love Brown. He tucks in his shirt you know.

But Wren seems like a smart dude, and by the time season starts he will probably know what's really up and not have to rely on the Good Ol Boy network for info. I kind of feel sorry for Baker to even have to deal with that stupid crap tbh.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Looks like a Ventriloquist act.

FjOd3WDXoAEul6N

This is where I’ve been really concerned on the hire. Yes there is a history of success and raising money, but where is the history decision making a ability to evaluate a program. Gee has stated that he is happy with 5-7 based off of our schedule who appears to be calling all of the shots.

I’m not sold on this guy to evaluate a program and conduct a solid coaching search. i.e. Cincinnati

Reactions: steeleer
This is where I’ve been really concerned on the hire. Yes there is a history of success and raising money, but where is the history decision making a ability to evaluate a program. Gee has stated that he is happy with 5-7 based off of our schedule who appears to be calling all of the shots.

I’m not sold on this guy to evaluate a program and conduct a solid coaching search. i.e. Cincinnati
You're seeing something that's not really there. Neal goes 5-7 again you can bet he's gone. As a matter of if he stars 1-3 he's probably gone.

You're seeing something that's not really there. Neal goes 5-7 again you can bet he's gone. As a matter of if he stars 1-3 he's probably gone.
Agreed. But is this guy really qualified to be able to put a significant search together and select the right person to lead a P5 program. Or will that be Gee as he was very high on Brown. Our next hire is critical not if, but when Neal gets fired.

Agreed. But is this guy really qualified to be able to put a significant search together and select the right person to lead a P5 program. Or will that be Gee as he was very high on Brown. Our next hire is critical not if, but when Neal gets fired.
Are you sure Gee will even be there? Gee job is done fire Shane and hire new AD that will work closely with Country Roads NIL.

If Wren is going to fire Brown he will have to do it with Gee's' permission.
Again, he is a plant by Gee. He is getting a job that does not align with his resume for a reason.

He will do exactly what he is being told to do and exactly when to do it.

Think along the lines of Jerry Jones with Jason Garret. Was he the best choice? F&*k no.
He was the controllable choice. Jerry valued control over winning and it showed.
Get ready for a load of that same shit here.

If Wren is going to fire Brown he will have to do it with Gee's' permission.
Again, he is a plant by Gee. He is getting a job that does not align with his resume for a reason.

He will do exactly what he is being told to do and exactly when to do it.

Think along the lines of Jerry Jones with Jason Garret. Was he the best choice? F&*k no.
He was the controllable choice. Jerry valued control over winning and it showed.
Get ready for a load of that same shit here.
Conspiracy theorist.

Conspiracy theorist.
I fall back on precedent. This guy was on no one's radar. Totally under qualified. Nice guy who can be told what to do, especially since this is a huge raise and a much more prestigious position.

He will create zero waves. Just watch.

I fall back on precedent. This guy was on no one's radar. Totally under qualified. Nice guy who can be told what to do, especially since this is a huge raise and a much more prestigious position.

He will create zero waves. Just watch.
You have no idea why he was hired. See Country Roads and NIL. Those need money and corporation donations. Enter Baker. Shane would have given Neal another raise and extension for going 5-7 this year. Shane wanted no part of of country roads trust. He was old school. It was either get with new times or fall further to the bottom.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
So you think that at the end of September, with us staring at a real possibility of being 1-3 or 2-2 and little to no improvement again, that a they will consider a $3m reduction in buyout enough of a drop to fire NB? If they are creating all this angst over $3m, then they really are lost

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
So you think that at the end of September, with us staring at a real possibility of being 1-3 or 2-2 and little to no improvement again, that a they will consider a $3m reduction in buyout enough of a drop to fire NB? If they are creating all this angst over $3m, then they really are lost
Neals Buyout is 16.7 million next year. It's 20 million this year. I don't know what this 3 million is your talking about.

Baker can use his fundraising skills to get the money for Neal's buyout next year, and hopefully on top of that, renegotiate it to make it cheaper. The next big thing will be the next HC. That's gonna be a big hire.

I considered a reply but re-considered a refrain. Seems like another case of "NOT arguing with an idiot for fear that such prolonged exposure hereto might result in failure to alter the attitude of the idiot and cause wonder, as to why one facing such an apparent senseless foe, would persist with the presentation of logical alternative..

I considered a reply but re-considered a refrain. Seems like another case of "NOT arguing with an idiot for fear that such prolonged exposure hereto might result in failure to alter the attitude of the idiot and cause wonder, as to why one facing such an apparent senseless foe, would persist with the presentation of logical alternative..

That is very pretentious. First you are missing the close of your quotation. Second, that last sentence is a run on sentence if I've ever seen one. Third, "...cause wonder, as to why..." is an inappropriate use of a comma. Forth, it should be "apparently" senseless rather than consecutive adjectives without separation. Fifth, the end should either be "a logical alternative" or "logical alternatives".

If you are going to condescend to someone with pseudointellectual rhetoric, you should at least do so without this many grammatical mistakes.

You have no idea why he was hired. See Country Roads and NIL. Those need money and corporation donations. Enter Baker. Shane would have given Neal another raise and extension for going 5-7 this year. Shane wanted no part of of country roads trust. He was old school. It was either get with new times or fall further to the bottom.
Fair warning...I'm rarely wrong.

Then make this goober head of fund raising. The last time I checked an athletic director is supposed to actually direct the athletic department. In other words, think more Oliver Luck and less Jerry f#*king Lewis.

Then make this goober head of fund raising. The last time I checked an athletic director is supposed to actually direct the athletic department. In other words, think more Oliver Luck and less Jerry f#*king Lewis.
Welcome to the future. Get use to it. Your hatred for WVU will not change it.

Neals Buyout is 16.7 million next year. It's 20 million this year. I don't know what this 3 million is your talking about.
I've heard his buy out might actually actually be on a daily pro rata. If true, if he gets fired mid next season it will be some number less than $16.7M. I can't verify that.

Welcome to the future. Get use to it. Your hatred for WVU will not change it.
Wanting this shit show to be run by nationally recognized and respected people is the opposite of hatred. It's wanting the best for your alma mater. Guilty as charged.

LOL. Essentially you’re stating that you can’t form an opinion and your Ben Shapiro response can easily be summed up as pissing in the wind with less syllables

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT