ADVERTISEMENT

ACC just terrible without WVU....Pitt beats UVA to be 1st place in ACC Coastal

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
ACC sucks badly. Dump Wake Forest in all sports they suck and drag the conference down. NC college football drags conference down. Even NC State sucks. The other NC football programs are horrible. Pitt is in 1st place in ACC Coastal division. What does that tell you? ACC is full of empty stadiums except Clemson, FSU. Clemson should not be in Final 4 with ACC being that bad. Committee needs to consider how bad ACC is.

Maybe if UVA jumps to the B1G then WV will have their way.

Just as long as the Virginia schools have a large voice in the ACC they would rather go with UCONN as their 16th and ND as a full member.

I like to post on the UNC message board HeelTalk from time to time and they are all in agreement on four things.

1) ND should be a full member
2) They missed the boat on Penn State in 1990
3) That Maryland should go eat a Bag of D***ks.
4) WV will never be in the ACC

Reactions: Rootmaster
I like to post on the UNC message board HeelTalk from time to time and they are all in agreement on four things.

1) ND should be a full member
2) They missed the boat on Penn State in 1990
3) That Maryland should go eat a Bag of D***ks.
4) WV will never be in the ACC

ND will never join the ACC...the ACC presidents don’t have the backbone or leverage to do so.

Maryland is taking a hit now, but they are making way more money in an elite educational conference with insane amounts of research money. I bet they be mad. LOL.

PSU is also benefiting from the Big 10, but their place in CFB is lessened. They are solidly in the second tier in the B10 when they could have been the top billing with Miami in a true Big East. Paterno was an ass and made it hard for him to work with others.

I would rather be in the AAC than the ACC. Geographic fit is good. Cultural fit is awful.

ACC is a horribly ran conference

Their first mistake was letting South Carolina run off because UNC was allowed to recruit New Yorkers and South Carolina was not.
I think they were upset when Frank McGuire returned to CBB in Columbia.

Truthfully if the ACC leadership listen to the fans Penn St would have joined with Florida State in the early 1990's.

The Big East was never going to work because of the number of basketball only schools.
You can't have a conference that only half the members play FBS football.

LMAO...I love fantasy fanboy posts like the OP...just kick Wake Forest out....yeah....thats going to happen.

Oh...btw.....Florida State and Clemson are going to join the Big XII.....

Last edited:
LMAO...I love fantasy fanboy posts like the OP...just kick Wake Forest out....yeah....thats going to happen.

Oh...btw.....Florida State and Clemson are going to join the Big XII.....

The ACC is in an interesting position.
If the ACC Network makes money then schools like Florida St stay and the SEC stays out of N Carolina.
This will mean that the Big XII will be pushed by ESPN and other conferences to disband

Now....

If the ACC Network is a flop an interesting dynamic will happen.

ESPN will try to snake out of it by pushing 2 schools into the SEC.
Probably Va Tech and NC State.
Then you will have a big time conference war in Virginia and the Carolinas between the B1G and SEC.

The footing of the ACC is not for sure until the ACC Network is around for at least three years.

Mainly because Florida St was promised certain things in 2012-2013 and the ACC has not delivered.

Derrick Brooks might end up the AD in Tallahassee and in 2012 he was a big advocate for the Big XII at FSU.

Last edited:
Like I said best thing WV can hope for is that by 2022-2023 the ACC Network looks like a flop.
Then I think ESPN will try to make it easy on them and put a full court press to Texas and Oklahoma.
I doubt anyone in Austin will listen so like I said the next step will be for ESPN to keep control of the third tier rights of the major ACC schools.
This is ultimately means that the LHN becomes a Big XII Network and ESPN stays the media provider.
Most of the major ACC schools jump and then the SEC gets UNC and UVA.
Neither school very much like Texas is fond of the SEC.
So the B1G becomes a major player with FOX.

In 5 years time you will see the end of conference realignment and you will see at least 3 schools lose their power conference status.

Because of this I say WV's best hope would be the ACC Network to be a bust and the conference to split up.

Last edited:
Like I said best thing WV can hope for is that by 2022-2023 the ACC Network looks like a flop.
Then I think ESPN will try to make it easy on them and put a full court press to Texas and Oklahoma.
I doubt anyone in Austin will listen so like I said the next step will be for ESPN to keep control of the third tier rights of the major ACC schools.
This is ultimately means that the LHN becomes a Big XII Network and ESPN stays the media provider.
Most of the major ACC schools jump and then the SEC gets UNC and UVA.
Neither school very much like Texas is fond of the SEC.
So the B1G becomes a major player with FOX.

In 5 years time you will see the end of conference realignment and you will see at least 3 schools lose their power conference status.

Because of this I say WV's best hope would be the ACC Network to be a bust and the conference to split up.
There you go folks. Accord to our expert from Texas, we are toast. Best we can do is ride the coattails of Texas. Really just quit. You have opened your mouth and certainly removed all doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT