ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Champs

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
Congratulations to @GREGJACOBS on a stellar season for the Pitt Panthers.

Should be a win in the Peach Bowl against Michigan State, who just happens to be the worst team in the nation when it comes to defending the pass. Not sure what Pitt has for a run defense, but will have to contain Walker. Of course, wouldn't surprise me if the MSU tailback sits out the bowl game. If that happens, Pitt should breeze past MSU.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Not a knock.

The Peach Bowl ….. The ACC champ goes to the Peach bowl? Come on.
Peach Bowl is now one of the so-called NYD 6 bowls, where all the top dogs get selected. Since the final four is being played in the Cotton and Orange Bowls this year, and the Rose and Sugar Bowls are locked in to taking conference champs (or best non-CFP team) from B1G, SEC, Big XII, and Pac XII, that left only the Peach and Fiesta Bowls to pick the top four reaming teams selected by the CFP committee, which was Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Pitt, and Michigan State.

I will point out something I saw during the Pitt-WF game, and that's the 'fake slide' that QB Pickett pulled during that 58 yard run. That has to be a penalty moving forward, or at the very least, blow the play dead at the point where the fake slide occurred.

Not a knock.

The Peach Bowl ….. The ACC champ goes to the Peach bowl? Come on.

I’m gonna give you a pass on this one and not be a smart ass because we tussle sometimes but I know you‘re a true WVU and post a lot of good stuff. I‘ve always respected your handle and Allen ‘s handle. Not sure if you remember seeing it but ACC tie in is with the Orange Bowl for the ACC Champ. However, this year the Orange has a playoff game so the Peach Bowl is rotated occasionally to take ACC Champ.

I will point out something I saw during the Pitt-WF game, and that's the 'fake slide' that QB Pickett pulled during that 58 yard run. That has to be a penalty moving forward, or at the very least, blow the play dead at the point where the fake slide occurred.

I‘ll get back into thread after work but totally agree that fake slides need to be taken out of game. I think it just needs to be blown dead there and maybe a penalty so kids don’t do it. In Kenny’s defense he was going down but saw the kid in front him 10 yards quit on the play so he changed his mind. There was a kid maybe 5 yards behind him and to the side that quit on the play as well. Unfortunately for the DBs for sure and should have been blown dead. I’m sure they will address it. And they should. I’ll be rooting BigTen on the 1st!!!

One way of looking at it is:

Where would Spitt be with Doege at QB?

Where would WVU be with Spitt's QB?

I would rather deal with a tooth ache than root for sPitt.

Hey dummy I didn’t say you’ll root for Pitt. I said, like the little brother you are, you’ll be watching the ACC Champs Pitt Panthers play in their NY6 Bowl Game. You hillbillies are priceless.

Not gonna lie, Pitt would kill us this year and it’s hard to say that. But it’s not hard to say “Pitt Sucks!!”

You‘re a good man. Win or lose I can’t wait for the game next year. I tell anyone that would listen that Pitt and WVU should never have a season that they don’t play each other. Two traditionally great programs that are better together.

One way of looking at it is:

Where would Spitt be with Doege at QB?

Where would WVU be with Spitt's QB?

I get what you’re saying for sure. Throw a NFL QB type into the mix on most teams and that team will be a tough out. IMO though this year Pitt, before a couple of injuries, had better WRs, RBs and probably a better D than WVU. Ds are tough to judge if an offense is as bad as WVUs. I think the OLs are probably equally poor.

Congratulations to @GREGJACOBS on a stellar season for the Pitt Panthers.

Should be a win in the Peach Bowl against Michigan State, who just happens to be the worst team in the nation when it comes to defending the pass. Not sure what Pitt has for a run defense, but will have to contain Walker. Of course, wouldn't surprise me if the MSU tailback sits out the bowl game. If that happens, Pitt should breeze past MSU.

What happens if Pitt's QB sits out the bowl game as he is projected to be 1 or 2 round draft choice ?

What happens if Pitt's QB sits out the bowl game as he is projected to be 1 or 2 round draft choice ?

Legit question. No experienced guy behind him. Patti has play a couple of games but not a lot. Obviously would be a major step down. No different if Michigan St QB goes down. With that said at this point it appears he is planning on playing.

Legit question. No experienced guy behind him. Patti has play a couple of games but not a lot. Obviously would be a major step down. No different if Michigan St QB goes down. With that said at this point it appears he is planning on playing.

I bet someone will talk to him about protecting those future earnings. Of course coming back for one more year made a big difference in those future earnings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT