ADVERTISEMENT

about Stormy Daniels' lawyer.

The Dunedein

All-Conference
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2003
When the Stormy Daniels matter came to the public arena, i admit that i looked at it skeptically because of her occupation. That skepticism bled over to wondering what lawyer would take this on and expose himself to national scrutiny while taking on the President of the United States. We still know nothing substantive about the case, but i checked out her lawyer's website and came away fairly impressed. Avenatti went to an excellent college, an excellent law school, was Order of the Coif and number one in his class, studied the FISA law under constitutional scholar Johnathon Turley, has done a lot of high profile cases, and has even gone against Trump before. So he knew what he was getting into, and got into it anyway. This is where i would insert the popcorn-eating gif if i knew how. We have publicity-savvy people on both sides of this fight. Going to be interesting. Here's a copy-and-paste of his bio:

"Michael graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia with a major in Political Science. He subsequently attended law school at George Washington University, where he had the benefit of working closely with Professor Johnathan Turley on constitutional issues relating to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Michael later graduated Order of the Coif, first in his class.

In 2003, the law school honored Michael by establishing the Michael J. Avenatti Award for Excellence in Pre-Trial and Trial Advocacy, an annual award given to the member of the graduating Juris Doctor class who demonstrates excellence in pre-trial and trial advocacy. And in 2010, George Washington University recognized Michael by awarding him with an Alumni Achievement Award, the highest form of recognition given by the University, which was founded in 1821.

While in college and later in law school, Michael worked at a political opposition research and media firm run by Rahm Emanuel (who later became White House Chief of Staff and is presently the Mayor of Chicago). During his time there, Michael worked on over 150 campaigns in 42 states, including multiple gubernatorial and congressional campaigns (i.e. Joe Biden’s U.S. Senate Campaign).

Legal Career

Immediately following law school, Michael began working at O’Melveny & Myers in Los Angeles, alongside Daniel Petrocelli, who previously represented the Goldman family in its case against O.J. Simpson. He assisted Petrocelli on multiple legal matters, including the representation of singer Christina Aguilera and litigation surrounding the movie K-19: The Widowmaker, and worked extensively on the defense of the Eagles’ Don Henley and Glen Frey in various cases, including in a well-publicized suit brought by former bandmate Don Felder against the band and Irving Azoff.

After three years at O’Melveny, he joined Greene Broillet & Wheeler, a Los Angeles boutique litigation firm. While there, Michael spearheaded many high-profile cases, including a $10 million defamation case against Paris Hilton; a successful idea theft lawsuit involving the reality show The Apprentice and its producer, Mark Burnett, as well as Donald Trump; and a large corporate multi-national embezzlement case involving in excess of $42,000,000.

In 2007, Michael formed the law firm Eagan Avenatti, LLP (fka Eagan O’Malley & Avenatti, LLP), with offices in Newport Beach, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Since co-founding the firm, Michael has been responsible for securing a number of large verdicts and settlements as lead counsel, including an April 2017 $454 Million verdict after a jury trial in Federal Court in Los Angeles in a fraud case against Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) and Halyard Health (NYSE: HYH) that was featured on 60 Minutes (won every jury question as to every defendant); a $80.5 million class action settlement against Service Corporation International (NYSE: SCI) in another case featured on 60 Minutes and in the international press (settlement reached in the middle of trial); a $41 million jury verdict after a nearly five-week trial in New Jersey; a $39 million settlement in a case involving the alleged theft of trade secrets; and a $13 million plus verdict after a six week jury trial in Palm Beach, Florida (won every jury question as to every defendant). In 2015, Michael prevailed against the National Football League after a two-week jury trial in Federal District Court in Dallas, Texas after obtaining a court order requiring Jerry Jones to attend trial and be cross-examined."

Reactions: 1st&goalWV
When the Stormy Daniels matter came to the public arena, i admit that i looked at it skeptically because of her occupation. That skepticism bled over to wondering what lawyer would take this on and expose himself to national scrutiny while taking on the President of the United States. We still know nothing substantive about the case, but i checked out her lawyer's website and came away fairly impressed. Avenatti went to an excellent college, an excellent law school, was Order of the Coif and number one in his class, studied the FISA law under constitutional scholar Johnathon Turley, has done a lot of high profile cases, and has even gone against Trump before. So he knew what he was getting into, and got into it anyway. This is where i would insert the popcorn-eating gif if i knew how. We have publicity-savvy people on both sides of this fight. Going to be interesting. Here's a copy-and-paste of his bio:

"Michael graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia with a major in Political Science. He subsequently attended law school at George Washington University, where he had the benefit of working closely with Professor Johnathan Turley on constitutional issues relating to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Michael later graduated Order of the Coif, first in his class.

In 2003, the law school honored Michael by establishing the Michael J. Avenatti Award for Excellence in Pre-Trial and Trial Advocacy, an annual award given to the member of the graduating Juris Doctor class who demonstrates excellence in pre-trial and trial advocacy. And in 2010, George Washington University recognized Michael by awarding him with an Alumni Achievement Award, the highest form of recognition given by the University, which was founded in 1821.

While in college and later in law school, Michael worked at a political opposition research and media firm run by Rahm Emanuel (who later became White House Chief of Staff and is presently the Mayor of Chicago). During his time there, Michael worked on over 150 campaigns in 42 states, including multiple gubernatorial and congressional campaigns (i.e. Joe Biden’s U.S. Senate Campaign).

Legal Career

Immediately following law school, Michael began working at O’Melveny & Myers in Los Angeles, alongside Daniel Petrocelli, who previously represented the Goldman family in its case against O.J. Simpson. He assisted Petrocelli on multiple legal matters, including the representation of singer Christina Aguilera and litigation surrounding the movie K-19: The Widowmaker, and worked extensively on the defense of the Eagles’ Don Henley and Glen Frey in various cases, including in a well-publicized suit brought by former bandmate Don Felder against the band and Irving Azoff.

After three years at O’Melveny, he joined Greene Broillet & Wheeler, a Los Angeles boutique litigation firm. While there, Michael spearheaded many high-profile cases, including a $10 million defamation case against Paris Hilton; a successful idea theft lawsuit involving the reality show The Apprentice and its producer, Mark Burnett, as well as Donald Trump; and a large corporate multi-national embezzlement case involving in excess of $42,000,000.

In 2007, Michael formed the law firm Eagan Avenatti, LLP (fka Eagan O’Malley & Avenatti, LLP), with offices in Newport Beach, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Since co-founding the firm, Michael has been responsible for securing a number of large verdicts and settlements as lead counsel, including an April 2017 $454 Million verdict after a jury trial in Federal Court in Los Angeles in a fraud case against Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) and Halyard Health (NYSE: HYH) that was featured on 60 Minutes (won every jury question as to every defendant); a $80.5 million class action settlement against Service Corporation International (NYSE: SCI) in another case featured on 60 Minutes and in the international press (settlement reached in the middle of trial); a $41 million jury verdict after a nearly five-week trial in New Jersey; a $39 million settlement in a case involving the alleged theft of trade secrets; and a $13 million plus verdict after a six week jury trial in Palm Beach, Florida (won every jury question as to every defendant). In 2015, Michael prevailed against the National Football League after a two-week jury trial in Federal District Court in Dallas, Texas after obtaining a court order requiring Jerry Jones to attend trial and be cross-examined."

Who cares if he banged or didn't bang her? What does that have to do with anything?

Who cares if he banged or didn't bang her? What does that have to do with anything?
Who cares about being ethical?? Or telling the truth?? I agree if you are single who cares. Married with a pregnant wife changes things for me. And I’m far from liberal so don’t try and throw that my way.

Who cares about being ethical?? Or telling the truth?? I agree if you are single who cares. Married with a pregnant wife changes things for me. And I’m far from liberal so don’t try and throw that my way.
It only matters if someone wants it to matter. Everyone has different opinions when it come to sex and who what when.

Exactly, did anyone give a shit when Bill Clinton was bangin white house intern? Hell no! Its the economy stupid..... thats all that matters.

Even Hillary didn't care he was gettin some on the side. She just yelled at him, "show me the money".

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Exactly, did anyone give a shit when Bill Clinton was bangin white house intern? Hell no! Its the economy stupid..... thats all that matters.

Even Hillary didn't care he was gettin some on the side. She just yelled at him, "show me the money".

Lolz at nobody cared

LOL when I read he worked on campaigns like Joe Bidens that blew any credibility. More fake news and anti-Trump nonsense.

Fake news, seriously? So , why doesn't trump let her out of the agreement he did not sign if it's fake news?

The problem with the Dems is one of their own (Bill Clinton) did all of this an more so its hard to hold Repub's accountable.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
A second “young lady” is petitioning to get her NDA thrown out, official announcement today. It is from 2016.

th

At this point no one has accused Trump of raping anyone. Is what Trump did wrong? Sure. Kennedy and Clinton both stepped across the line so its hard for Democrats on this one.

Have you been living under a rock? There are several pending lawsuits.

ADVERTISEMENT