ADVERTISEMENT

A video for our Marshall friends

You boys should be familiar with that spot, as that's close to the point where a frustrated WVU player ripped off his shirt, and quit on the Ears.

FURFARI COLUMN - WVU player walk-off at Marshall recalled
  • By Mickey Furfari
    For the Times West Virginian
Danny Jennings wasn’t the first West Virginia University men’s basketball player to quit the squad while a game was in progress.

Tim Austin did just that on Dec. 3, 1983, in Huntington. During a timeout in WVU’s 78-67 loss to Marshall, the walk-on from Bridgeport took off his jersey and darted across the court waving it in the air.

0-5 in Huntington

#DanIsRight
#Afraid

You boys should be familiar with that spot, as that's close to the point where a frustrated WVU player ripped off his shirt, and quit on the Ears.

Why am I not surprised that you are so impressed with having WVU visit your place? Does 31-11 all-time strike a chord ?

These are my places. You're welcome to come visit anytime for an ass-reaming.

dda7df335a597ce6bcb5a02e6c9544a2.jpg

Michgian-Stadium.jpg

• By Mickey Furfari
Danny Jennings wasn’t the first West Virginia University men’s basketball player to quit the squad while a game was in progress.

Tim Austin did just that on Dec. 3, 1983, in Huntington. During a timeout in WVU’s 78-67 loss to Marshall, the walk-on from Bridgeport took off his jersey and darted across the court waving it in the air.

0-5 in Huntington

#DanIsRight
#Afraid
You are aware that Morris took the shot in front of the Marshall bench. The home side, so more than likely WVU sat on the other end of the floor. Nice try though.

Bring up this on the herdhaven board and they will wet themselves for a week posting about it.

You better hope UM doesn't get in and meet up with Thuggins Tots. UM is a team that you certainly don't matchup well against.

Most bracketologists have Michigan on the bubble right now. Given that they still have Purdue and Northwestern coming up it's entirely possible they will have 11 losses before the Big 10 tournament where if they did happen to make it to the final, Maryland would deal them the 12th loss. Not too promising for an at large bid......The only reason I pay any attention at all to Michigan BB is because I like Beilein. Other than that I couldn't give a ratsass about Michigan

Most bracketologists have Michigan on the bubble right now.
I only pay a little bit of attention to a couple of them, who both seem to know what the hell they're talking about. Lunardi being one of them, and Palm the other. They both have UM in as of now. With that said, there's lot of games left to be played. UM wins 3 of the next 5, I think they're in, assuming they win an opening game in the big 10 tournament.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

As for you caring, don't fib to me, cuz I know you do care. You care a lot. You crave some UM and OSU stuff; otherwise, you wouldn't constantly be discussing it.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90

• By Mickey Furfari

0-5 in Huntington

#DanIsRight
#Afraid
It was only about 85 feet away from it, pretty close.

Pomeroy only has us as an 18 pt fav over Michigan, so that is a pretty bad matchup.
You use a computer, and I'll go with the eyes. As the OSU fan has told you boys, the gimmicky press is used as means of allowing WVU easy buckets. UM happens to lead the nation in fewest turnovers per game. You know what kind of players JB recruits. Guess what happens when they beat the press? Wide open players who can all nail the three. That's why a team like UM is a bad matchup for a team that plays the style of WVU. Of course, your computer is telling you otherwise, so continue to sleep well...

You use a computer, and I'll go with the eyes. As the OSU fan has told you boys, the gimmicky press is used as means of allowing WVU easy buckets. UM happens to lead the nation in fewest turnovers per game. You know what kind of players JB recruits. Guess what happens when they beat the press? Wide open players who can all nail the three. That's why a team like UM is a bad matchup for a team that plays the style of WVU. Of course, your computer is telling you otherwise, so continue to sleep well...
Yeah, John had a ton of success over Lousiville press when he was here. I think he won once in 4 years?

Yeah, John had a ton of success over Lousiville press when he was here. I think he won once in 4 years?
I don't believe he had the brothers that UM has in bringing the rock down the floor. You have a better chance at convincing Country that she's stupid.

You still owe me $20.00 during the longest pecker challenge. As they say, you came up short.
but I only showed half of mine....didn't want to scare you...double or nothing?.....leaving for Morgantown in a few minutes...my son from Altoona Pa is meeting me there to watch the Mountaineers......I'll wave to you:victory:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT