ADVERTISEMENT

A team takes on the personality of its coach....

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
You guys fill in the blanks.

Our best news....we likely only lose 2 more games and Dana gets hired away. Start over with someone who will instill some fire/urgency in this team.

When’s the last time we played with a sense of urgency? Is that too much to ask?

Reactions: RAK

Our best news....we likely only lose 2 more games and Dana gets hired away. Start over with someone who will instill some fire/urgency in this team.

When’s the last time we played with a sense of urgency? Is that too much to ask?
At the risk of piling on my one complaint about DH teams is they’re not mentally tough. More often than not they fold under pressure. Sometimes it’s just the pressure of the bright lights.

I said before this season that it would be our last with Dana. Either he was going to kill it and get hired away or he was going to f it up and get released. Now I think think we win 9 and Dana gets a new gig.

Why would anybody want Dana? He sucks and everybody knows this. That’s why we’ve been stuck with him.

Reactions: RAK
I said before this season that it would be our last with Dana. Either he was going to kill it and get hired away or he was going to f it up and get released. Now I think think we win 9 and Dana gets a new gig.
We can only hope...

What makes you think we lose only 2 more. We could lose all 5.

Reactions: Rootmaster

You realize WVU came in ranked 6th tonight right? Who else would be a better head coach? You really want to bring in the next hot Coordinator. Or some hot shot from Memphis.

You realize WVU came in ranked 6th tonight right? Who else would be a better head coach? You really want to bring in the next hot Coordinator. Or some hot shot from Memphis.

Coordinator? No. There are other HC on the G5 level that would be an upgrade.

Why would anybody want Dana? He sucks and everybody knows this. That’s why we’ve been stuck with him.

He doesn’t suck, but we will never be more than what we are with him as HC. There are programs in worse shape. We just deserve more.

He doesn’t suck, but we will never be more than what we are with him as HC. There are programs in worse shape. We just deserve more.

Deserve more.....aaahahahaha! Like Bama more? Your expectations are to high. The disgusting thing is that shit Texass will be Top 7 this week. College football just doesn’t have many good teams.

Point is WVU is good. Some of you guys think this is Bama or Ohio State haha.

Will Grier is IMO the best QB in this country. We got smoked and he looked lost. How is that not a coaching issue??? To add to this, next season will be a major rebuild. No better time to transition.

Deserve more.....aaahahahaha! Like Bama more? Your expectations are to high. The disgusting thing is that shit Texass will be Top 7 this week. College football just doesn’t have many good teams.

There is a large divide between Bama and what we saw tonight. I can take losing. I can’t stand quitting. We quit.

Will Grier is IMO the best QB in this country. We got smoked and he looked lost. How is that not a coaching issue??? To add to this, next season will be a major rebuild. No better time to transition.

Don’t double down. You’re coming off as a geek fan that’s pissed at a loss. Grier may or may not be the best QB. I happen to agree with you. I do think he is a future Pro. The OL looked overwhelmed and that to explains a lot of what happened tonight. Great players have poor games. Even solid coaches have bad weeks.

Don’t double down. You’re coming off as a geek fan that’s pissed at a loss. Grier may or may not be the best QB. I happen to agree with you. I do think he is a future Pro. The OL looked overwhelmed and that to explains a lot of what happened tonight. Great players have poor games. Even solid coaches have bad weeks.

This is a trend. Kansas was awful and the second half against TT was as bad. At what point do we call this what it is?

This is a trend. Kansas was awful and the second half against TT was as bad. At what point do we call this what it is?

Hey don’t get me wrong. I’m disappointed in the effort tonight as well but at least let’s see how things go over the next few weeks.

Piss off. What else would you call what we did? Be imaginative.

Played and executed poorly. That’s how players look at tonight. Geek fan look at it the way you do........like the world is coming to an end so fire the coach hahaa.

I agree with this statement and have said it before ... Dana's laid back attitude seems to make him ignore fundamentals. He's not a complete failure as head coach, but his teams routinely fall into a pattern of poor fundamentals, stupid penalties, and just imploding when things get tough. It's why I get so frustrated, despite many posters on the board maligning me for it, when WVU wins sloppily so many times. It's because it leads to an embarrassment like this. I know even the best of teams have down games, but after they find as way to win its usually back to stream line the next week. WVU's last 6 quarters of play before this game telegraphed this beat down. The only hope was for WVU to get its crap together and play like they did in the first 2 games.

Last edited:
I could see Ok St firing Gundy and hiring Dana away. Definitely would be ok in my book.

Actually you've predicted that we would hire a new head coach without firing DH and have co-head coaches.

You say lots of stuff.

You really think the best QB in the country throws 3 straight interceptions in the end zone against Kansas?

You are hysterical....as usual.

I agree with this statement and have said it before ... Dana's laid back attitude seems to make him ignore fundamentals. He's not a complete failure as head coach, but his teams routinely fall into a pattern of poor fundamentals, stupid penalties, and just imploding when things get tough. It's why I get so frustrated, despite many posters on the board maligning me for it, when WVU wins sloppily so many times. It's because it leads to an embarrassment like this. I know even the best of teams have down games, but after they find as way to win its usually back to stream line the next week. WVU's last 6 quarters of play before this game telegraphed this beat down. The only hope was for WVU to get its crap together and play like they did in the first 2 games.

I just thought we were bored and would hit that extra gear when needed. It’s not like Grier just forgot how to QB. Apparently that extra gear isn’t there. I would argue it hasn’t been there since the Orange Bowl against Clemson.

A team takes on the personality of its coach....

In this case, it's of a loser who folds like a cheap suitcase when faced with the slightest bit of adversity or challenge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT