ADVERTISEMENT

A Solution for liberal communities

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
The police are in a no win position. Residents want low crime but don't want a proactive police presence. CNN quoted a Baltimore resident comparing Baltimore to Gaza.

If I were an officer, I would stop being proactive. I would limit my interactions with residents unless and until a significant crime has been committed or in process. Crime will rise but this appears to be what the citizens want. CNN's Cuomo was overheard telling a protestor to step away from the police because " You know how they are." With blacks and the media against the police, it is time for the police to step back.

Policeman has too much financial exposure with this woman on the loose. She filed "catch all charges" false imprisonment against everyone remotely associated with the case. All of those officers were arrested and they had to post bonds of $200G and up. The last I checked, police pay is not great enough to have that kind of money available. So, they had to put something of value up for collateral to secure the bond. Then, they have to hire legal advise. The police association may provide legal advise to a point.

These six officers may be facing financial ruin because of the overzealous politician. Of course this case followed the Ferguson case where the officer had to walk away from his profession. He may still be charged in a civil case where he would have to hire an atty. Many more of these incidences and the police officer is going to have to consider turning his back and walk away from illegal activities. Anarchy is not far in the rear.

Policeman has too much financial exposure with this woman on the loose. She filed "catch all charges" false imprisonment against everyone remotely associated with the case. All of those officers were arrested and they had to post bonds of $200G and up. The last I checked, police pay is not great enough to have that kind of money available. So, they had to put something of value up for collateral to secure the bond. Then, they have to hire legal advise. The police association may provide legal advise to a point.

These six officers may be facing financial ruin because of the overzealous politician. Of course this case followed the Ferguson case where the officer had to walk away from his profession. He may still be charged in a civil case where he would have to hire an atty. Many more of these incidences and the police officer is going to have to consider turning his back and walk away from illegal activities. Anarchy is not far in the rear.
Police union will cover the legal rep. You only have to post 10% bond to the agent.

Police union will cover the legal rep. You only have to post 10% bond to the agent.
10% of $200-300G, believe it or not, would be difficult for 90% of those living on a patrolman's salary. Probably ditto for the Sgt and Lt. They live absolutely payday to payday. Or at least that is the way it was at one time.

10% of $200-300G, believe it or not, would be difficult for 90% of those living on a patrolman's salary. Probably ditto for the Sgt and Lt. They live absolutely payday to payday. Or at least that is the way it was at one time.
You can put up collateral, as in their house. I agree most don't have the kind of cash to put up. All they have to do is show up and they are cleared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT