ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM A look back: A historic take at Mountaineers selected in the NFL Draft

Any Mountaineers drafted yet? Unless I missed it, I didn't see "West Virginia" among the first 100 drafted in the first 3 rounds. Maybe Dana and Gibby did a good job after all if they didn't have a player in the top 100 in college football if you go by the NFL draft.

Any Mountaineers drafted yet? Unless I missed it, I didn't see "West Virginia" among the first 100 drafted in the first 3 rounds. Maybe Dana and Gibby did a good job after all if they didn't have a player in the top 100 in college football if you go by the NFL draft.

Couple of fallacies here. First, RR had maybe 2 players who were eventually drafted in the first 100 (Pac man and White come to mind. Not sure about Henry) and arguably did better with his players than Dana has. Dana has had more players drafted in the top 100.

Second, the NFL draft only picks from those that are able and willing to enter. So players currently on the roster may be top 100 picks if they were able and/or chose to enter the draft like Grier.

ADVERTISEMENT