ADVERTISEMENT

A few thoughts about tonight

spartansstink

All-Conference
Sep 24, 2005
1. I hate to say it but I thought Will lost it tonight. He kept trying to make big plays when the underneath stuff was there. Throw to the back for 5-10 yard gains. Bubble/Tunnel Screens to bring them up then throw over top. Throw to the tight end. He never did that.

2. We need to implement just a simple toss sweep. Literally every run play we have is between the tackles. If you noticed, their linemen just pinched all game.

3. I know I've ridden the ass of the defense for years, and they've deserved it. But not tonight. They played well. ISU qb just played an outstanding game despite the beating we put on him. Defense on the field for about 3 outta 4 quarters tonight. Kuddos to ISU, they deserved it.

4. Now the big one. This is on Spavital. If you notice, as the year goes on, teams play us tougher and tougher. That's because Spavital becomes more and more predictable. I literally sat and called every pass and run play in the second and third quarter. If I can do it, you know every defensive coordinator in the country can, too. There was no imagination in the play calling, every route was predictable. Kansas picked up on it last week leading to the 3 interceptions in the end zone. When you become predictable, you become beatable.

5. Teach Grier to throw the damn ball away every now and then.

6. Have the corners play off on blitz downs to keep the receiver in front of them.

7. Buy some damn cleats. Bring them with you. Wear the damn things.

8. Shea Campbell played better than I expected.

9. Learn to recognize and unbalanced line. Shift accordingly.

10. Now the monkey is off your back, focus on winning the B12. Its still out there for the taking and everyone is beatable.

Reactions: mountainear
10. Winning the Big 12? ISU has a better shot at winning the Big 12.

Indeed on Jake - he was fired for a reason. His play-calling is predictable and boring. He has one of the best QB's in the country and is screwing
him up with BS play-calling. And Will needs to throw it away instead
of taking the sacks for a loss.

Reactions: Phil and WVUALLEN
It’s not just Spav. Dana also sucks and Will Grier is not as great as they make him out to be. Grier is a poor mans Geno Smith. Career backup in boring NFL.

Grier is good but not great. Lots of evidence out there now. In 2 years of starting at WVU he will be forgotten quickly. 7-6 last year and 9-4 this year. Big deal. Bust. Flop. Skyler QBd team to 10-2. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT