ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM A couple thoughts on the depth chart

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
--Not a lot of surprises on offense, as there was an -or- between the two running backs and it seems that at wide receiver they were listed by time spent in the program more than an idea of how it's going to look this fall. I think overall this serves as a solid starting point, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it at this stage as players are going to move around.

--The offensive line is about as expected with Nick Malone listed ahead at the right tackle spot over Xavier Bausley. That is the one position that will be interesting to see how it continues to evolve in fall camp but my understanding is Malone is indeed ahead.

--On defense, West Virginia used the -or- for Josiah Trotter and Ben Cutter but I expect both are going to play quite a bit.

--Aubrey Burks was now listed fully at spear which has been where this has been trending for a while. He is going to move around, but that seems to be his best fit.

--Josiah Jackson and Kekoura Tarnue have the -or- designation at cat safety and while Jackson is listed first for now I expect Tarnue to take the lead there this fall.

--Ayden Garnes and TJ Crandall will battle it out at one corner spot, while Garnett Hollis seems to have a grasp on the other. I've heard some good things about what Garnes has done but Crandall was injured all spring so that will be a chance for him to prove what he can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News