ADVERTISEMENT

A concern I have, is if we need another

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Something that has been eating at me since the first game is the fact that Neal and his staff truly believed this was going to be a good team. We (the staff here) always laughed about how we could talk to the football coaches and know that they had reasonable expectations but in basketball under Huggs, you just had to laugh because very rarely did they live up to what they expected. Going back to football and his season, how did they look at this team and expect so much and then start 1-2?

Maybe we are sitting here in late November and this team is 8-4 and it all makes sense. But if this season ends at 6-6 or less then that inability to evaluate the team is really troubling. I don't want to pile on but if you're having trouble evaluating your current team against your opponents then there is a serious issue. Can you properly prepare your team if think you have an advantage in areas that you clearly don't?

They have a chance this weekend to prove that they were underrated and simply got off to a bad start. There is so much to prove and only one way to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.