ADVERTISEMENT

87,000 Armed IRS Agents

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
I hate to spoil a perfectly good lie.

What $80 Billion More for the IRS Means for Your Taxes

The Wall Street Journal
The Inflation Reduction Act won’t bring 87,000 new IRS agents with guns to your front door, but it has important changes for taxpayers

The last Tax Report came out just as Congress took up the Inflation Reduction Act, and it discussed the bill’s $80 billion in proposed new Internal Revenue Service funding. Over half the new dollars were earmarked for new tax enforcement, especially audits of high-earning taxpayers, while the rest was to improve operations, technology and taxpayer service.

Now the bill is law, signed by President Biden on Aug. 16. Although details changed, the IRS’s $80 billion in new funding survived and is in place to be spent over a decade. Supporters of the law, who have long complained that IRS appropriations have been too erratic to fix fundamental problems like 1960s-era technology, are pleased with the stable funding.

The bill’s passage means there’s more for taxpayers to know, both to counteract recent wild claims and to prepare for what’s ahead. Here are highlights.

There won’t be 87,000 new IRS agents with guns

According to the Treasury Department’s plan, part of the new funding will go to hire 87,000 workers over 10 years. This figure includes all hires, such as customer service reps and tech workers as well as agents. It doesn’t take into account that due to the IRS’s aging workforce, more than 50,000 retirements and other departures are expected in coming years.

Some of the funding’s opponents have said the 87,000 hires will be armed. According to an IRS spokesman, the only agency staffers allowed to carry guns are 2,100 special agents in the criminal investigation division, and they make up less than 3% of the total current IRS workforce of about 80,000.

What kind of moron would believe such an absurd lie?

• Haha
Reactions: GrimReaper82

What $80 Billion More for the IRS Means for Your Taxes

The Wall Street Journal
The Inflation Reduction Act won’t bring 87,000 new IRS agents with guns to your front door, but it has important changes for taxpayers

The last Tax Report came out just as Congress took up the Inflation Reduction Act, and it discussed the bill’s $80 billion in proposed new Internal Revenue Service funding. Over half the new dollars were earmarked for new tax enforcement, especially audits of high-earning taxpayers, while the rest was to improve operations, technology and taxpayer service.

Now the bill is law, signed by President Biden on Aug. 16. Although details changed, the IRS’s $80 billion in new funding survived and is in place to be spent over a decade. Supporters of the law, who have long complained that IRS appropriations have been too erratic to fix fundamental problems like 1960s-era technology, are pleased with the stable funding.

The bill’s passage means there’s more for taxpayers to know, both to counteract recent wild claims and to prepare for what’s ahead. Here are highlights.

There won’t be 87,000 new IRS agents with guns

According to the Treasury Department’s plan, part of the new funding will go to hire 87,000 workers over 10 years. This figure includes all hires, such as customer service reps and tech workers as well as agents. It doesn’t take into account that due to the IRS’s aging workforce, more than 50,000 retirements and other departures are expected in coming years.

Some of the funding’s opponents have said the 87,000 hires will be armed. According to an IRS spokesman, the only agency staffers allowed to carry guns are 2,100 special agents in the criminal investigation division, and they make up less than 3% of the total current IRS workforce of about 80,000.

What kind of moron would believe such an absurd lie?
@Soaring Eagle 74
"Watch this troll post make them deplorable Trumpers really go off!!! Ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...!!!!!!!"
giphy.gif

...and @Soaring Eagle 74 won't pay a dime extra...he'll look for every deduction (even if he has to cheat) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I'd prefer to dismantle a perfectly "unconstitutional" income tax. 🤨

Reactions: Eagle25427
about the time they're trained and ready to go...

Trump will move all of them to the Border Patrol...

he'll close the border and start removing the illegals...

thanks again, idiot communists...

Reactions: 30CAT
You’re delusional. Should we call it “Trump Delusion Syndrome’?
Well if that's true, then you really don't hate Trump? You really don't hate those of us who support him? You really don't paste endless hate pieces about him trying to discredit him? (I call those Trolls)

Do tell?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
In regards to @Soaring Eagle 74's assertion in post #11 that I suffer from TDS (Trump delusion syndrome) I wonder who thinks he's correct? Or is he being typical of most Leftists and accusing me of TDS he has? (Trump derangement syndrome)

So who's TDS is correct?

Am I suffering from Trump delusion or is he hopelessly infected with Trump derangement?

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT
ADVERTISEMENT