ADVERTISEMENT

7-year old immigrant girl dies

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
Unfortunate this happened, but the press seems to be blaming the Border Patrol.

Does the father bear any responsibility for his daughters death?

“Customs and Border Protection said the girl had not eaten or consumed water in several days.”

Does Mexico not bear some responsibility?

No, just the US Border Patrol, because the poor judgement by her father to make a desert crossing is obviously their fault.

“Customs and Border Protection said the girl had not eaten or consumed water in several days.”

No, just the US Border Patrol, because the poor judgement by her father to make a desert crossing is obviously their fault.
Wonder how many more have been raped and murdered? South of the border is a lawless place.

200 Americans die every from opioids...

If the wall was built, they would stay the hell in their own countries...

blame the left for NOT having a wall...

The press is going t blame Trump, ICE agents, and anyone else who stands for sovereign borders. The child is UNFORTUNATELY the innocent victim of a selfish, bad decision makes> He is portrayed as her 'father'. In such cases of illegal crossings we KNOW that various factions gather a child or children to themselves and pass them off as 'family'. Often times the child is unrelated to the adult who is using the phony relationship as a ploy to gain favor in the USA if apprehended. The child is often being smuggled into the US and abandoned as soon as the 'adult criminal; feels the need for such is passed. Irrespective, the situation remains the same, the child died from the direct neglect of adult(s). I presume the 'father' is in custody. He should be eve rely prosecuted. I and no attorney, but I am confident there are multiple statutes pertaining to this scenario, besides entering the Country illegally. Child endangerment! Man slaughter? This man is a multi criminal and should receive no mercy from our court system. Above all--HE (and any others traveling with them at this same time) are the ones responsible. PERIOD.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
The press is going t blame Trump, ICE agents, and anyone else who stands for sovereign borders. The child is UNFORTUNATELY the innocent victim of a selfish, bad decision makes> He is portrayed as her 'father'. In such cases of illegal crossings we KNOW that various factions gather a child or children to themselves and pass them off as 'family'. Often times the child is unrelated to the adult who is using the phony relationship as a ploy to gain favor in the USA if apprehended. The child is often being smuggled into the US and abandoned as soon as the 'adult criminal; feels the need for such is passed. Irrespective, the situation remains the same, the child died from the direct neglect of adult(s). I presume the 'father' is in custody. He should be eve rely prosecuted. I and no attorney, but I am confident there are multiple statutes pertaining to this scenario, besides entering the Country illegally. Child endangerment! Man slaughter? This man is a multi criminal and should receive no mercy from our court system. Above all--HE (and any others traveling with them at this same time) are the ones responsible. PERIOD.

Over 40,000 unaccompanied minors crossed the border this year. Sickening.

Did they run a DNA test to make sure the man she was with was her father?
Appropriate action to take. Have doubts it was done. Good forensics would dictate that this be one of the first actions.

Strong border security with little / no chance of an any breach would dictate that such a dangerous trip would not occur in the first place.
Absolutely agree! Building of an impenetrable wall is a vital addition.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Strong border security with little / no chance of an any breach would dictate that such a dangerous trip would not occur in the first place.

And impossible. There would always be ways around it and cartels would lilkely control those avenues of access, pushing more money to them.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
And impossible. There would always be ways around it and cartels would lilkely control those avenues of access, pushing more money to them.
Not sure there would 'always' be ways around a wall. This is where the ancillary border security measures augment the wall in preventing illegal entry. Trump has repeated over and over that the wall is but one element of the necessity to beef up border security. It is vital, IMO, but not the only approach needed.

Not sure there would 'always' be ways around a wall. This is where the ancillary border security measures augment the wall in preventing illegal entry. Trump has repeated over and over that the wall is but one element of the necessity to beef up border security. It is vital, IMO, but not the only approach needed.

There will always be a way. They will go over it, tunnel under it, use boats to go around it, and bribe people to go through it.

If you want to really crack down, start fining and jailing people who hire illegal immigrants. A 1 million fine for every one hired regardless of if they knew or not, and a year in jail for everyone that they hired knowingly. If they cant get a job they won't come. Personally I think that is dumb too since illegal immigrants are a boost to the national economy, but it is a much better idea on wasting money on something that won't make any significant difference and could actually increase the number living here.

Personally I think that is dumb too since illegal immigrants are a boost to the national economy, but it is a much better idea on wasting money on something that won't make any significant difference and could actually increase the number living here.
You’re advocating for about one step up from slavery. More like a half step in that they’re kind of “free” if they make it here. They just have to endure hell, basically being treated like farm animals to get here. That’s not to mention the young kids and girls that are raped by the cartels etc.

You guys on the left are on the the waaaaaaay wrong side of this.

You’re advocating for about one step up from slavery. More like a half step in that they’re kind of “free” if they make it here. They just have to endure hell, basically being treated like farm animals to get here. That’s not to mention the young kids and girls that are raped by the cartels etc.

You guys on the left are on the the waaaaaaay wrong side of this.

Those things wouldn't happen as often if we made it easier to enter and work from regular ports of entry. Making it harder tobger here won't stop them from trying, but it will push them further into relying on the cartels to get through. Being here without worrying about being arrested would make it easier to track how they are treated by employers.

This is just like prohibition. Sure, alcohol causes lota of problems, but not nearly as many problems as outlawing it caused.

Those things wouldn't happen as often if we made it easier to enter and work from regular ports of entry. Making it harder tobger here won't stop them from trying, but it will push them further into relying on the cartels to get through. Being here without worrying about being arrested would make it easier to track how they are treated by employers.

This is just like prohibition. Sure, alcohol causes lota of problems, but not nearly as many problems as outlawing it caused.
So we should make it easier for illegals to come here?

And once here, we should take advantage of the little bit above slave labor wages for the field work? The obvious byproduct is repressed wages on the low end for Americans, and a never ending influx of illegals who once here, we have to sustain them through our Govt assistance programs. This also impacts those Americans that the illegals take potential employment opportunities from.

Sounds like a great plan.

As I said, I’m great with the idea of punishing employers who exploit these people. I don’t see why you all are ok with the exploitation that occurs as part of their journey to get here. Never mind the fact that as a sovereign nation, we should be able to say no and enforce the no accordingly.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m fine with keeping the cost of farming and Ag sectors low for the consumer. Same with construction, but don’t kid yourself into believing that what you’re advocating for is no better than indentured service and exploitation of millions of people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT