ADVERTISEMENT

6 seed. Rested and Ready. And Gary will be back.

Rested, Tested and Ready. Plus........ Gary will be back.

When you post something that makes sense...................I will give you credit. I give you credit. Warez

Re: Rested, Tested and Ready. Plus........ Gary will be back.

thanks. a clown's affirmation has always been important to me.

Things could not break better? You mean it wouldn't have been better to have won today and won the Big 12 tournament and get a higher seed? I think you're being a bit too positive considering reality.

it's easy to be too positive for this board.

sure another win would have been good. but the rest may be more important considering out style of defense.

Of course we would want to win, beat Kansas, and possibly end up as a Big XII champ with a 3 seed.

But at this point, one more win was the difference between a 4 and 5 seed, and frankly, I don't think it matters that much. Being a 4/5 - you play a solid team in the first round but the difference between the 12th and 13th seed is not that significant and you end up playing a 4/5 seed in the 2nd round no matter what.

I see the glass as half full if we get a 6 seed. If we can get to the sweet 16, I'd rather play a 2 seed in round 3 than a 1 seed in round 3. Plus, this year, the 1 seeds, in my opinion, are a full head above the 2 seeds. The longer you avoid playing a 1 seed the better.

If Browne and Wanny are able to compete, I think this team can go to the elite 8 as long as we don't hit a one seed along the way. Sure, we could lose in the first round, but I think any team coming from a less athletic conference is going to be shell-shocked by our press. I'd say we have a 50/50 shot at 16, I feel good about this team.

Paperboy....................now there you go again. Let's go ahead and get things straight betwixt us. Me and you ain't exactly fond of each other. I pays you a compliment and you take a jab at me. What it is that you dealing with these days? Call BR-541 and let's talk about it.

Let's be honest...down our 2 seniors and playing 5 on 8 the whole trip we weren't going to win the tourney. Getting some well deserved rest to get players back to full strength and still get a 5 or 6 seed is probably the best outcome for our team.

ADVERTISEMENT