ADVERTISEMENT

5 unbeatens left. Really? Already?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
10 games in and already Kansas, Michigan, Virginia, Nevada, Texas Tech, Buffalo, Furman and Houston are the only unbeaten basketball teams.

And Nevada, Buffalo and Furman don’t really count.

So that narrows it down to five teams and two of them are in the Big 12. Tough conference.

Duke has already lost once and North Carolina has lost twice from the mighty ACC.

And the season is only one-third gone.

Oh yes the Big12 meat grinder crap. You haven’t noticed but the Big12 is looking like the one trick pony thing again.

You guys are so jealous of the ACC. Old timer.......you can see your ACC insecurities as you post haha.

I wouldn't discount Nevada.

They are legit.
They are a Sweet 16 team from last year and they have size this year.
They all can shoot, run, play defense and rebound.
Dangerous team. Especially with a post presence in Trey Porter.

I wouldn't discount Nevada.

They are legit.
They are a Sweet 16 team from last year and they have size this year.
They all can shoot, run, play defense and rebound.
Dangerous team. Especially with a post presence in Trey Porter.

Have watched them play and they are really good. Could make a run at final 4 if they get a few breaks like top 4 in their bracket lose.

But no team is sweet 16 or final 4 until they actually get there.

10 games in and already Kansas, Michigan, Virginia, Nevada, Texas Tech, Buffalo, Furman and Houston are the only unbeaten basketball teams.

And Nevada, Buffalo and Furman don’t really count.

So that narrows it down to five teams and two of them are in the Big 12. Tough conference.

Duke has already lost once and North Carolina has lost twice from the mighty ACC.

And the season is only one-third gone.

Texas Tech opponents 37-36 (bunch of nobody wins)

Don't really count? We question your sanity.
Nevada 58-40
Buffalo 45-41
Furman 32-67 (they without a doubt don't count)
Houston 32-43 (pretend team)

Hello...
Duke lost to Gonzaga
UNC lost to Texas & MIchigan

Have watched them play and they are really good. Could make a run at final 4 if they get a few breaks like top 4 in their bracket lose.

But no team is sweet 16 or final 4 until they actually get there.

They will probably be a top seed this year so who loses in their bracket won't matter.

Nevada has games they play near perfect offensive basketball for 5-6 minute stretches.
You can't play zone because they all can shoot nor can you press them because the entire team can handle the ball.

The game has evolved to a point that teams like that are the ones who win because they stretch the floor and cause mismatches

If Nevada will be a top 4 seed they will need to quit dropping in the polls after a loss. I predict a 5 seed.

Nevada 58-40
Buffalo 45-41

Hello...
Duke lost to Gonzaga
I stand by my statement. You can come back and gloat if any of them win March Madness, or even get to Elite Eight. Till, the, Nevada, Buffalo and Furman don't count.

I stand by my statement. You can come back and gloat if any of them win March Madness, or even get to Elite Eight. Till, the, Nevada, Buffalo and Furman don't count.

So WV's basketball didn't count last year.
Small conference doesn't matter in basketball.
BE is a midmajor now and Villanova has 2 of the last 3 NC
Gonzaga is a Sweet 16 team every year

Nevada is a Top 10 team and according to some has close to a 33% chance to go undefeated.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I can take the buffalo loss. They are a good team and we actually had that game won. The other 2 losses were much uglier

That Florida game was triple butt ugly. The Pitt game was, too.

James Naismith would've ordered his kids to take those peach baskets down if he knew the game had the potential to get that ugly.

Reactions: Rootmaster

Nevada 58-40
Buffalo 45-41

Hello...
Duke lost to Gonzaga
Furman has beaten everyone plus two final four teams from last year. The academic standards are greater than any B12 or B1G or ACC school other than Duke.

Maybe if our HC would adjust his recruiting tactics and adjust to the new style of offense played these days, then we would be in contention again.

Change has worked for Coach K, Beilein, and Barnes.

You have young guards...

WV wasn't going to start the season undefeated.
WV has probably the most bi polar fanbase I have seen. Especially on the internet.

If you think Rick Barnes is a better coach than Bob Huggins you have no idea about basketball.
Tennessee is not going to win a NC. They will never be elite.
Might get a few deep runs but Rick Barnes never has his team peaking at the right time.

Syracuse is the best example of this.
They always play their best basketball in March.

ADVERTISEMENT