ADVERTISEMENT

$41MM in athletic revenue this past year

Not bad scratch.......

Well that's not bad but with Marshall's Conference alignment, TV contract, and selling all of the Marshall t-shirts and collectibles I can see Marshall going anywhere from $60 million to $80 million. So even though $41 million isn't bad it is no where near what the major programs like Marshall are receiving.

Reactions: BurninDownTheCouch
Of that $41 million, $34.8 million is our share of the Big XII payout. Marshall will be getting $200,000 from CUSA.......think about that. At that rate it would take Marshall 174 years of CUSA money to get what the Big XII paid us this year, and that's not even taking into account our third tier rights. For my friends and relatives that went to Marshall and still cheer them on, I hope they find a better conference affiliation but I don't see it happening.

Of that $41 million, $34.8 million is our share of the Big XII payout. Marshall will be getting $200,000 from CUSA.......think about that. At that rate it would take Marshall 174 years of CUSA money to get what the Big XII paid us this year, and that's not even taking into account our third tier rights. For my friends and relatives that went to Marshall and still cheer them on, I hope they find a better conference affiliation but I don't see it happening.

So, while powerhouses such as MU are throwing arount the financial weight of a $29mm athletic budget, we're left to scratch by with isolated conference revenues of $34mm?
They really ARE taking over the state. No wonder they feel so empowered.

We need to do something about this immediately. Somebody get David Ridpath on the phone pronto!

Falstaff you just need to realize and accept that Marshall is on a whole different level when it comes to sports. The sooner you come to that realization the better off you will be.

I'm just glad the NCAA doesn't pass out championship trophies based on how much money you make. Otherwise, Texas was be overflowing their trophy case.

Last I knew, games are still won and lost on the field/court.

Call 1-800-THEHERD if you locate your manhood.

I'm just glad the NCAA doesn't pass out championship trophies based on how much money you make. Otherwise, Texas was be overflowing their trophy case.

I called that number and was told this is no longer a working number, any other places to call?

I called that number as well.
I keep getting a recording that "This number is in longer in service."

Odd.

If one moronic reply wasn't enough, two morons had to post the same idiotic thing.

I can actually visualize the two of you climbing up the telephone pole, green acres/trailer park style, and asking Sarah to connect you to Hambone.

I called 1-800-the herd...I was put on hold and then the girl came back on and asked if I wanted fries or to super size my order

The only fan base in the world who questions the manhood of a program that has never lost in 13 games and won by an average of three scores. Perhaps more sad than comical.

Yes, Wake Forest is pretty good. If Marshall hadn't turned professional they could have gone and beaten Wake Forest but like everything else, Marshall is just so far ahead of the rest of us it wouldn't be fair.

All that money, all those great athletes, along with the best coaches in the country at their respective sports, all future hall of famers, but yet, no national championships in any sport watched by more than 25 people. Shocking, if you were to ask me.

Cousins have never won anything of note to my recollection. Sorry, I can't count BB gun shooting contests. Better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa than the boys calling that number...they have figured out that if you don't play, you can't lose!

If one moronic reply wasn't enough, two morons had to post the same idiotic thing.

I can actually visualize the two of you climbing up the telephone pole, green acres/trailer park style, and asking Sarah to connect you to Hambone.
Quite the imagination you have there sunshine !

Cousins have never won anything of note to my recollection. Sorry, I can't count BB gun shooting contests. Better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa than the boys calling that number...they have figured out that if you don't play, you can't lose!
And when we did play we could not lose. Funny how that works.

They also don't hand out participation trophy's in P5 either

Orange you forgetting something? Sugarly you jest? Fiesta la Viva!

Marshall ever been to a BCS bowl? I mean actually playing, not watching.

BCS Bowls? BCS Bowls?!? Who cares about those. Marshall won a 1-AA championship!!! They all got a trophy and after the game game the coaches put them all in the back of their pick ups and took them all to Dairy Queen! Why would anyone pass that up for a meaningless BCS Bowl??

Reactions: countryroads89
BCS Bowls? BCS Bowls?!? Who cares about those. Marshall won a 1-AA championship!!! They all got a trophy and after the game game the coaches put them all in the back of their pick ups and took them all to Dairy Queen! Why would anyone pass that up for a meaningless BCS Bowl??
Please! The BCS system was so flawed they had to do away with before Congress stepped in...like winning a crooked election!

Please! The BCS system was so flawed they had to do away with before Congress stepped in...like winning a crooked election!

Doesn't change the fact that we beat the SEC Champ in the Sugar Bowl, the Big XII Champ in the Fiesta Bowl and the ACC Champ in the Orange Bowl.

[banana][WVU]

Doesn't change the fact that we beat the SEC Champ in the Sugar Bowl, the Big XII Champ in the Fiesta Bowl and the ACC Champ in the Orange Bowl.

[banana][WVU]
...and doesn't change the fact that the Big East even receiving a BCS bid was nonsensical. Get back to me when you win a National Championship...I promise to be impressed!

...and doesn't change the fact that the Big East even receiving a BCS bid was nonsensical. Get back to me when you win a National Championship...I promise to be impressed!
The RPI rated the BE higher than the ACC about every year and the BE actually won most of their BCS games down the stretch. Sorry that facts don't agree with your opinion.

Given the FACT that WVU beat more P-5 teams last year alone than your Marshall has in its entire history, why do you think we worry about what impresses you ?

Given the FACT that WVU beat more P-5 teams last year alone than your Marshall has in its entire history, why do you think we worry about what impresses you ?
That's kind of like saying Jefferson County High School beat more AAA teams last year than Gilmer County has beaten its entire history. Sure, Gilmer could probably beat some of those lousy AAA teams like Elkins, Nitro, and John Marshall, but I doubt those teams would like to get on the bus and head onto Pine Street to lace them up.

The moral of the story: You can't beat them if they're scared to play ya.

That's kind of like saying Jefferson County High School beat more AAA teams last year than Gilmer County has beaten its entire history. Sure, Gilmer could probably beat some of those lousy AAA teams like Elkins, Nitro, and John Marshall, but I doubt those teams would like to get on the bus and head onto Pine Street to lace them up.

But in Marshall's case you can't beat them when you play them. 0-13

Last edited:

Marshall went 3-9 last year. You lost to f'uckin UNCC.

Yeah, we're scared. As long as it helps you cope with the pain of your program sucking shit balls, keep telling yourself that.

With Marshall's 7 wins and 41 losses against teams considered to be "major", no one is afraid of playing the Herd.

and you went 0-1 last year. You lost to TRUMP. btw, you're the biggest dumbass not only on this site, but across the entire 'net.

I didn't lose to trump. I didn't run for any office. Irony, a trump supporter calling someone a dumbass, lol.

th

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT