ADVERTISEMENT

4 Great Big XII games this week

TexasisBack

Sophomore
Mar 12, 2018
4. Kansas vs West Virginia

Should be a massacre. After winning two games KU has returned to normalcy. WVU has way too many weapons. Game may be unwatchable to people not of either fanbase.

West Virginia 51 Kansas 24

3. Kansas St vs Baylor

Has K State found their way. This is usually the time when everything comes together. Baylor is a lot better than many think.
If K State wins I think they win 6-8 again.
If Baylor wins they could be a thorn to teams down the road
Have to go with the Purple Wizard

K State 27 Baylor 24

2. Iowa State vs Oklahoma State

ISU is the best 1-3 team if that means anything but Montgomery is banged up and Noland has looked inexperienced. Clones will be better by November but not right now.
Oklahoma St wins a tight game because of Justice Hill is to me the most dangerous player in the Big XII

Oklahoma St 28 Iowa St 20

1. Red River Shootout
The hype is real with this game.
All words are insignificant.
Will be a lot like last year but Texas is much better. Slight upset here because Texas players want it more.

Texas 31 Oklahoma 20

As for the Texas, Oklahoma game. I think Texas wins a close game or Oklahoma blows them out.

4. Kansas vs West Virginia

Should be a massacre. After winning two games KU has returned to normalcy. WVU has way too many weapons. Game may be unwatchable to people not of either fanbase.

West Virginia 51 Kansas 24

3. Kansas St vs Baylor

Has K State found their way. This is usually the time when everything comes together. Baylor is a lot better than many think.
If K State wins I think they win 6-8 again.
If Baylor wins they could be a thorn to teams down the road
Have to go with the Purple Wizard

K State 27 Baylor 24

2. Iowa State vs Oklahoma State

ISU is the best 1-3 team if that means anything but Montgomery is banged up and Noland has looked inexperienced. Clones will be better by November but not right now.
Oklahoma St wins a tight game because of Justice Hill is to me the most dangerous player in the Big XII

Oklahoma St 28 Iowa St 20

1. Red River Shootout
The hype is real with this game.
All words are insignificant.
Will be a lot like last year but Texas is much better. Slight upset here because Texas players want it more.

Texas 31 Oklahoma 20

Dream on.

To Date Texas faced only one top 50 scoring offense, #50 Maryland. Maryland is no Oklahoma.

Texas is bringing out the #60 jersey against OU

UT is undefeated since 1963 with the #60 jersey on the field

The legend of Tommy Nobis will be with the UT players especially your favorite.
"Thor" Hager

nrw-tx-mo-4.jpg

To Date Texas faced only one top 50 scoring offense, #50 Maryland. Maryland is no Oklahoma.

The issue with Oklahoma is that they struggled against Army and had small issues against Iowa St on offense.
Their offense hasn't faced a decent D all year that features an experienced QB

Both UCLA and Iowa St had young QBs.
Both of them moved the ball and converted on third down.

If Texas can run the ball on OU then OU will not put up a lot of points.

It is a weird dichotomy. Texas doesn't want to play OU like UGA did last year.

But the issue will be if Texas gets big plays on offense they might be tricked or forced into a Shootout.

Something that Lincoln Riley does real well.

Texas needs to do 2 things

Run the ball
Stop the run

Murray isn’t dropping back and throwing 30 times a game. They run it well then hit you with the deep ball. Take away the run and force Murray into being a real QB and they will win

The issue with Oklahoma is that they struggled against Army and had small issues against Iowa St on offense.
Their offense hasn't faced a decent D all year that features an experienced QB

Both UCLA and Iowa St had young QBs.
Both of them moved the ball and converted on third down.

If Texas can run the ball on OU then OU will not put up a lot of points.

It is a weird dichotomy. Texas doesn't want to play OU like UGA did last year.

But the issue will be if Texas gets big plays on offense they might be tricked or forced into a Shootout.

Something that Lincoln Riley does real well.
The issue is the #50 offense scored 34 on you.

The issue is the #50 offense scored 34 on you.

Without Gary Johnson and Anthony Wheeler.
Plus without video of their offense.
Once Texas got a handle of how Matt Canada was going to play they scored 10 points in 2 1/2 quarters.

That is an average of 16 points a game.
More than that Maryland put up 300 rushing yards on two opponents. Bowling Green and Minnesota
Maryland ran the ball behind a physical OL that was playing for their fallen teammate.

Without Gary Johnson and Anthony Wheeler.
Plus without video of their offense.
Once Texas got a handle of how Matt Canada was going to play they scored 10 points in 2 1/2 quarters.

That is an average of 16 points a game.
More than that Maryland put up 300 rushing yards on two opponents. Bowling Green and Minnesota
Maryland ran the ball behind a physical OL that was playing for their fallen teammate.
I thought you said Herman threw the game.

I thought you said Herman threw the game.

I think the world will get a better understanding of Maryland tomorrow.
They have an interesting game against Michigan.

Don Brown is an elite DC but his D is built to stop teams that are looking to run a smashmouth spread/Power spread.
Canada has so many motions and shifts and runs the ball at so many different angles if Don Brown doesn't blitz into the right gaps McFarland and Johnson can be running for 100 yards each.

Run the ball
Stop the run

Murray isn’t dropping back and throwing 30 times a game. They run it well then hit you with the deep ball. Take away the run and force Murray into being a real QB and they will win

Oklahoma's run D numbers are somewhat manipulated because they have had the lead.

For Texas they need to get Keaontay Ingram the ball more.
He averages 6 yards a carry.
He hasn't gotten the 20-25 carries yet because he is a freshman.
He is a future NFL RB. They guy has moves in the open field.

Once their OLine gets a push Texas can put in Daniel Young who is not as fast but he can run you over.
He is like a tank but with no push he is useless.

Texas has the magic number of 40 carries
Even if it for only 135 yards. If they get 40 carries they win.

Run the ball
Stop the run

I am brilliant. I’m glad Herman is still keeping up with my threads.

I think the world will get a better understanding of Maryland tomorrow.
They have an interesting game against Michigan.

Don Brown is an elite DC but his D is built to stop teams that are looking to run a smashmouth spread/Power spread.
Canada has so many motions and shifts and runs the ball at so many different angles if Don Brown doesn't blitz into the right gaps McFarland and Johnson can be running for 100 yards each.
lol

Yeah, it was interesting alright. Maryland had like 20 yards rushing and 100 total, until they padded the stats against the scrubs in the 4th quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT