ADVERTISEMENT

4 corners schools and tvs

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
The 4 corners schools would add about 5-1/2 million TVS to the conference, taking the Big 12 to 20.5m TVS, and reducing the PAC 12 by 5-1/2 m TVs. That would boost the Big 12 from 4th place to 3rd place.

I’m happy at 12 schools, but have no problem at 16 schools.

EXPECTED CONFERENCE FAN AFFILIATIONS TOTAL TV HOUSEHOLDS
Big Ten 35,839,830
SEC 24,088,240
Pac-12 14,140,930
ACC 16,230,080
Big 12 15,098,560
N/A 4,768,550

Last edited:
But but but this board says they would not help the big 12 only harm them. Tyler wrong again.

With todays wide spread rumors about Gonzaga joining the Big12 I'd say anything is possible. Bring Memphis and UCONN back into the mix too I guess. More TV's and men's basketball would be epic. Heck, it already IS epic. and Arizona could still be in the mix.

Next we will be hearing that Temple is back in the mix and that they are going to elevate Villanova's football team again and invite them. It's back to TV sets again? This sounds crazy. Hopefully it is just Gonzaga rattling the cage.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
Leave geography out of it. That's irrelevant. The days of geographical rivalries are done. That's the old way of thinking. That's your grandfather's college football.

But the fact that the Big 12 is, more or less, located in the center of the country could be a big benefit in attracting schools from either coast.

Adding BYU, Houston, UCF and Cincinnati may have been a reactionary move. But it was the best available move to make.

Now to finish off the PAC 12 would halt the bleeding for at least the next 6 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT