ADVERTISEMENT

2019 is going to hurt

WVU-Brand

Junior
Apr 16, 2014
This was Dana's best chance. All those seniors, all the big play guys, Grier, Texas not back to full capacity. 2018 was the best chance for a long time.

Everything that will be gone come the end of bowl season, coupled with WVU NEVER getting fair treatment from Big 12 officiating and higher ups, and you're looking at some bad years to come.

At this point, if you told me that I would watch a 2-10 WVU 2019 season IF Dana was gone.....I WOULD TAKE THAT 100x........

It's time for a change..........if he couldn't win it this year, he never will.

This was Dana's best chance. All those seniors, all the big play guys, Grier, Texas not back to full capacity. 2018 was the best chance for a long time.

Everything that will be gone come the end of bowl season, coupled with WVU NEVER getting fair treatment from Big 12 officiating and higher ups, and you're looking at some bad years to come.

Dana ain’t hanging around for next season. His stock is as high as it will ever be. We’ll be left with HC Gibson

Should fire Gibs first. If the defense is bad again fire Holgosen at the end of 2019.

At this point, if you told me that I would watch a 2-10 WVU 2019 season IF Dana was gone.....I WOULD TAKE THAT 100x........

So you admit that you would rather lose a lot more than keep Dana? Makes perfect sense. The way you bitch, I have a hard time believing you wouldn’t be whining at 2-10 next season.

2019 shouldn't hurt...

Unless Allison is horrible. I doubt it because he has the arm and been under the same coaches.

More Big XII teams will abandon the idea of outgunning teams.
Baylor will be more like a Matt Rhule team.

But....
I think offenses will become a lot more complicated.
Meaning that some of these Big XII offenses will be downhill power teams that can throw down the field.
A lot like the NFL.

A lot will depend on WV play in the secondary.

I think WV will finish as high as third next year.

So you admit that you would rather lose a lot more than keep Dana? Makes perfect sense. The way you bitch, I have a hard time believing you wouldn’t be whining at 2-10 next season.

I think you are making a straw man. You know he meant he'd rather endure a 2-10 season with a new coach in hope of better things to come rather than keep the status quo.

Dana has his faults but he has won a lot of games here. Have to get that defense fixed.
Lol. What in your right mind thinks Dana is going to fix the defense? He hasn't the entire time he's been here, so why would he start now?

Going 2-10 would be disastrous and really inexcusable. That's worse than the Cignetti years. You're basically saying you would beat the 1-aa opponent and maybe a G5 school/Kansas. That's something that is a multiple year recovery from and with tv contracts being redone in 5 or so years and conference reshuffling possible a 2-10 record would mean WVU isn't in a meaningful conference.

I feel sorry for anyone who's mood and feelings are so dependent upon the outcome of a college football game that they would hope for disaster just to get a coaching change which guarantees nothing. I'd bet you don't have a degree from WVU. I hope no WVU Grads are like that. Hope your life improves.

2019 shouldn't hurt...

Unless Allison is horrible. I doubt it because he has the arm and been under the same coaches.

More Big XII teams will abandon the idea of outgunning teams.
Baylor will be more like a Matt Rhule team.

But....
I think offenses will become a lot more complicated.
Meaning that some of these Big XII offenses will be downhill power teams that can throw down the field.
A lot like the NFL.

A lot will depend on WV play in the secondary.

I think WV will finish as high as third next year.

We finish third if this league next year is like the ACC this year..suck

We finish third if this league next year is like the ACC this year..suck

There will be two to three new coaches.

New QBs at a few different schools.
TCU is a mess.

But WV could finish anywhere from third at the highest to 8th at the lowest.

Yea
2nd in wins next to Don
Really sucks
Oh maybe we need a coach from WV
Nothin but spoiled piss babies on the board after a loss
Suck it up
Butter cups

Are you not at least some what concerned that after 7 seasons WVU's best outing is 3rd in the Big XII standings despite having the best roster since joining the league? Especially given there is no reason to be more optimistic about having a better chance next season.

Probably time to find a new defensive coordinator. i think spavital will get some job offers.

dana is safe.

2019 is going to be a repeat of 2016. We’re going to be running the ball A LOT and taking advantage of a loaded box to hit Simms see just like we did with Gibson. I honestly view Simms as just a better version of of Shelton Gibson and Mario Alford. Our running game is going to be fantastic with 4 running backs that could all be starters somewhere and an expierenced offensive line. Losing Cajuste will hurt but watching Wickline play against Texas I honestly don’t see much of a dropoff. The one question mark is our freshman receivers. Sam James certainly looks the part and we’ve got a lot of other guys who could potentially step up. I’m not going to comment on the defense yet because I highly doubt we’re running the same system next year.

I believe you! Which makes you pathetic!

Dana is not the answer. It’s been proven over and over again.

But ... here is what worries me about this way of thinking.

Dana, as head coaches go, is still learning. This is his FIRST head coaching job and he learns more every year. I think we need to ride this wave a little while longer. But, the defense needs "something." Even if it is just a return to fundamental tackling. I have NO IDEA who taught these kids how to tackle. I see ZERO fundamentals. Maybe even a switch from the 3-3-5. And Spav needs to be reduced to QB coach. Dana MUST call the plays.

Finally, as a Cleveland Browns fan I can still remember when we had a young head coach named Bill Belichick. And we got rid of him. We all know how THAT turned out.

ADVERTISEMENT