ADVERTISEMENT

2018 SCF -- Craps/Knights

Everything going right for the Craps.....and I only joined-in 10 minutes ago. Might as well watch The Bachelorette......

Reactions: torontoeers
Everything going right for the Craps.....and I only joined-in 10 minutes ago. Might as well watch The Bachelorette......
Vegas owned the first ten minutes, but could not net one. They had several good chances including one WIDE open net that Neal missed. We have all seen it a million times when a team comes out on fire but can't cash in on their opportunities. The other team scores and it is over. Tonight is a perfect example.

Vegas owned the first ten minutes, but could not net one. They had several good chances including one WIDE open net that Neal missed. We have all seen it a million times when a team comes out on fire but can't cash in on their opportunities. The other team scores and it is over. Tonight is a perfect example.
I felt that this was vegas's best game overall. I can't see them winning 3 games in a row. If there's anyone who can blow it history says its the Caps. The knights just lack the overall skill. They play with energy but washington is able to match it when they feel like it.

What a disappointing SCF. I had high hopes after game one. The Caps are getting all the puck luck and Vegas can’t even score on an empty net. And on top of it all Fleury is validating what @Irwineer2 has been saying about him. I mean it might help if he could play with a lead but he’s certainly regressing back to bad Fleury and not the one who stood on his head for the first three series. All I can hope is Vegas extends it tonight and by doing so puts a little heat on the Caps.

What a disappointing SCF. I had high hopes after game one. The Caps are getting all the puck luck and Vegas can’t even score on an empty net. And on top of it all Fleury is validating what @Irwineer2 has been saying about him. I mean it might help if he could play with a lead but he’s certainly regressing back to bad Fleury and not the one who stood on his head for the first three series. All I can hope is Vegas extends it tonight and by doing so puts a little heat on the Caps.

I'm going to wait one more night before I start running my mouth. again.

Lol! Good call. Fleury at his best is one of the best. At his worst he’s awful. What a missed opportunity for the Pens to three peat. That game two in DC still pisses me off. We win that one and we’re likely still playing.

I was thinking of the terrible 3rd period in game 5.

I was never in favor of him being here in the first place so...

He has been a critical piece to our two cups but I think Sully is done with him. I’m not I favor of trading for futures as our window is getting smaller with Sid and Geno aging. Time to go all in the next couple years. I’d love for the Tavares rumors to be true.

He has been a critical piece to our two cups but I think Sully is done with him. I’m not I favor of trading for futures as our window is getting smaller with Sid and Geno aging. Time to go all in the next couple years. I’d love for the Tavares rumors to be true.

can't sign tavares without getting rid of phil

Sad to say but just end the damned thing already imo and have these Craps asshats skate around with their bloody mug...will be a drag them winning, but I won't watch em celebrate regardless...ugh.

Reactions: Euell
I’ve heard that one and wouldn’t hate it. Here’s an article talking about other possibilities...

https://www.pensburgh.com/2018/6/4/...ontreal-canadiens-trade-rumors-max-pacioretty

I don't think this is a case where the pens take back a lot of salary. they need some young players, perhaps picks and some space. I'm not sure if I were the
GM I'd trade him and bring in all that salary. Otherwise what's the point? If you take on as much as you wanted to spend you are right back in the same boat again with no cap flexibility and no quality d men.

Reactions: WVRON
The Capitals are just a better team Vegas is being exposed for the Fraud they really are. Vegas tries hard they play with energy but there skill level is lacking. The biggest take away from this year is The gap between the eastern and western conference was pretty wide.

Reactions: Euell
Sad to say but just end the damned thing already imo and have these Craps asshats skate around with their bloody mug...will be a drag them winning, but I won't watch em celebrate regardless...ugh.
I don't like the caps but I am glad they won. Vegas didn't deserve it and got exposed as a fraud. I think the East was far superior than the west. I don't blame you for wanting the Knights to win its natural to root against the team that beat yours. The only time I rooted for the knights was against the Jets so i get where your coming from. If I where a billonaire with money to burn I would love to make a video mocking the golden knights with that lame ass pregame show that bored us to death each night. I would start off stating the Golden knight's have been vanquished and have an eagle swoop down pick up the golden knight and drop it off a cliff.

Last edited:
can't sign tavares without getting rid of phil
Tavares Rumors are all over the Map. I think the Isles getting Lamoriello in the front office increases the chances of him remaining on the Island. amarillo built the devils cup teams and has set the Leafs up for Long term success. The pens really need to bolster the blue Line if they can find the cash to afford tavares then it would probably be better spent plucking Karlsson out of Ottawa that's where they need the most help.

Last edited:
I agree. I think it’ll be hard to trade PK and get value without taking salary back.
If the Penguins trade Kessel and take salary back then don't rule out a possible trade to the Predators. I would'nt be surprised if the Predators explore what they can get For Ryan Ellis. Ellis is in his last year of his contract. The Preds really need more size up front. Ellis is a good puck handling D man that can lead the rush from the back end. He was a bit of a liability for the preds in the d zone this year in the playoffs but I think it was more because the Preds didn't have as much size up front then they did in 2017. He would probably excel on the pens with malkin and crosby. Preds GM
David Poile says he would like to resign Ellis but he is also known for making bold trades. I think he is going to at least explore what he can get for Ellis.

we can talk sh*t about that stupid frenchy now. glad he lost, and he's no hall of famer.

If the Penguins trade Kessel and take salary back then don't rule out a possible trade to the Predators. I would'nt be surprised if the Predators explore what they can get For Ryan Ellis. Ellis is in his last year of his contract. The Preds really need more size up front. Ellis is a good puck handling D man that can lead the rush from the back end. He was a bit of a liability for the preds in the d zone this year in the playoffs but I think it was more because the Preds didn't have as much size up front then they did in 2017. He would probably excel on the pens with malkin and crosby. Preds GM
David Poile says he would like to resign Ellis but he is also known for making bold trades. I think he is going to at least explore what he can get for Ellis.

The only possbile way for the Preds take Kessel off the Pens hands is by palming off PK's $9 million to Pittsburgh.....and I myself don't ever anticipate Subban in a Pens locker room as long as Crosby is around.

Funny how Subban has worn out his welcome in Nashville after only 2 years. I read one theory that PJ could end up in Ottawa......but why they'll pay him $9 million while letting Karlsson go is something I'll never be able to figure. I've finally decided about the only place big and broad enough to handle Subban's ego is LA.....and the Kings aren't interested so long as they remain engaged with Doughty. And PK doesn't strike me as a Bob Murray kind of guy.

No, the Preds are probably stuck with him unless it's they who take back some of his salary (and I don't see Poile doing that with the idiot Johansen deal that he wrote on the books through .....BWAAAAAAHHHHHH........2025).

The only possbile way for the Preds take Kessel off the Pens hands is by palming off PK's $9 million to Pittsburgh.....and I myself don't ever anticipate Subban in a Pens locker room as long as Crosby is around.

Funny how Subban has worn out his welcome in Nashville after only 2 years. I read one theory that PJ could end up in Ottawa......but why they'll pay him $9 million while letting Karlsson go is something I'll never be able to figure. I've finally decided about the only place big and broad enough to handle Subban's ego is LA.....and the Kings aren't interested so long as they remain engaged with Doughty. And PK doesn't strike me as a Bob Murray kind of guy.

No, the Preds are probably stuck with him unless it's they who take back some of his salary (and I don't see Poile doing that with the idiot Johansen deal that he wrote on the books through .....BWAAAAAAHHHHHH........2025).
The Nashville media disputes the rift in the Locker room. Most of these rumors are being spread by media personalities in Montreal. Nashville has always been a town of big ego's. Willie Daunic and Chris Mason are the 2 biggest media guys covering the preds in Nashville. They have interviewed the people making these claims and none of these guys come from reputable outlets and can't provide anything solid to back up their claims. Until I see more evidence I would be skeptical of this.

FWIW, it seems like each of the top players.....UFA's Tavares and John Carlson, and on-his-way-out-of-Ottawa Erik Karlsson.....either looking for new deals (or new teams) are currently being associated as much with Vegas as anyone else.

3 days after the Cup finals, the current media consensus appears to be that Vegas is about the best spot in the League right now; and with >$30 milion available to spend, they've got mucho cap room to bring in top tier guys. Of course, they have a fair number of their own FA's to sign.....I assume they're going to raise Willy Karlsson to $5-6 million/season in his new deal, and I myself think they'll also re-up Coke Nose (while letting Perron walk)......but somebody major is almost assuredly going to end up out there by mid-July.

I myself would be delighted to see them commit to Carlson, but Tavares strikes me more like the kind of guy they really need at the top of their roster.....especially because I myself wouldn't be expecting Karlsson to score 43 again next season. Meanwhile, I don't know what they're going to do with Reaves; who probably played himself into at least doubling his current $1.125 million annual salary (though I still think he's going to end up back in STL).

Reactions: torontoeers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT