ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Big XII payout announced today

old buzzard

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2005
$38.8 million for each member. Up 6% over last years payout, and doesn't include our 3rd tier rights. Has the $200,000 check CUSA sent Marshall clear the bank yet ?

Big 12 leaders: Flexibility is sign of strength for future
By SCHUYLER DIXON2 hours ago

For them, flexibility as a 10-team conference is a pretty close second to money.

“Our model has agility,” said West Virginia President Gordon Gee, who is completing his two-year terms as president of the Big 12 board of directors. “And I think that right now, I’d much rather be a ballerina than an elephant. I think we are the ballerina of the five top conferences.”

Commissioner Bob Bowlsby chimed in with a visual of seeing “a character in the paper of me in a tutu.” But the man who helped lead the conference out of an era of instability in the extreme understood the point.

“I think our model of playing everybody in football and playing a double round-robin in basketball is the best model,” Bowlsby said. “I think our one vs. two is the best playoff postseason model. I like our model better than any other one I see out there.”

Big 12 revenue increased to $38.8 million per school for 2018-19, or a total of $388 million. Bowlsby said he anticipates those numbers reaching the mid-$40 million range per school before the current broadcast rights deal expires in 2024-25.

The latest increase of about 6% is the 13th straight year of a bump in Big 12 revenues. Bowlsby said the increase is about 55% over five years.

The figures announced Friday as the league wrapped up its spring meetings don’t include third-tier broadcast rights, such as what Texas gets through the Longhorn Network. Those totals vary by school.

Baylor received a full portion of league revenue for the first time since the Big 12 decided two years ago to withhold some money in the wake of a sexual assault scandal that led to the departures of coach Art Briles, president Ken Starr and athletic director Ian McCaw.

https://apnews.com/dde28b61d902476f822d31e69c49d442

$38.8 million for each member. Up 6% over last years payout, and doesn't include our 3rd tier rights. Has the $200,000 check CUSA sent Marshall clear the bank yet ?

For them, flexibility as a 10-team conference is a pretty close second to money.

“Our model has agility,” said West Virginia President Gordon Gee, who is completing his two-year terms as president of the Big 12 board of directors. “And I think that right now, I’d much rather be a ballerina than an elephant. I think we are the ballerina of the five top conferences.”

Commissioner Bob Bowlsby chimed in with a visual of seeing “a character in the paper of me in a tutu.” But the man who helped lead the conference out of an era of instability in the extreme understood the point.

“I think our model of playing everybody in football and playing a double round-robin in basketball is the best model,” Bowlsby said. “I think our one vs. two is the best playoff postseason model. I like our model better than any other one I see out there.”

Big 12 revenue increased to $38.8 million per school for 2018-19, or a total of $388 million. Bowlsby said he anticipates those numbers reaching the mid-$40 million range per school before the current broadcast rights deal expires in 2024-25.

The latest increase of about 6% is the 13th straight year of a bump in Big 12 revenues. Bowlsby said the increase is about 55% over five years.

The figures announced Friday as the league wrapped up its spring meetings don’t include third-tier broadcast rights, such as what Texas gets through the Longhorn Network. Those totals vary by school.

Baylor received a full portion of league revenue for the first time since the Big 12 decided two years ago to withhold some money in the wake of a sexual assault scandal that led to the departures of coach Art Briles, president Ken Starr and athletic director Ian McCaw.

not much they can say about that...other than can we borrow some money

C-USA is getting about $2000 per team. When you add in their TV deal that jacks the amount up to about $3500 per team. That's pretty good and it will only get better, I personally think that next year we will see them break the $4000 mark!

Reactions: Cheat Lake EER
Congratulations Buzzard. B1G schools only received about 13 or 14 million more than you. Where should me and you start spending all that cash? Is the Gilmer County farmer's market open today?

Congratulations Buzzard. B1G schools only received about 13 or 14 million more than you. Where should me and you start spending all that cash? Is the Gilmer County farmer's market open today?

Whatever the B1G pays out doesn't affect myself or WVU in any way, shape, or form. And if I was ashamed of the place where I'm originally from I would just make up a life and pretend to be second in command of hundreds of employees scattered across several states..........or maybe the owner of a law firm.

Whatever the B1G pays out doesn't affect myself or WVU in any way, shape, or form. And if I was ashamed of the place where I'm originally from I would just make up a life and pretend to be second in command of hundreds of employees scattered across several states..........or maybe the owner of a law firm.
damn we ARE a little testy this morning aren't we?.....btw my nephew drove to Glenville yesterday to register for classes and sign his LOI to play baseball...GSC now gives tuition credit if you had a family member graduate from there....which would be me:smiley:

Reactions: old buzzard
they better hold on to it......they may have to bail out Ped state south once the lawsuits start rolling in[roll]

That's my point, Corky. What WVU makes doesn't affect you in any way, but yet you boast about it, knowing the regular B1G posters can and will make fun of you.

I'm proud of where I come from, and proud of what I've become. If that upsets you, then that's on you. I'm also not a fan of a school who's annually voted the dumbest fan base in the country. This forum only serves to support the results.

That's my point, Corky. What WVU makes doesn't affect you in any way, but yet you boast about it, knowing the regular B1G posters can and will make fun of you.

I'm proud of where I come from, and proud of what I've become. If that upsets you, then that's on you. I'm also not a fan of a school who's annually voted the dumbest fan base in the country. This forum only serves to support the results.
you mean you are not a marshla fan anymore?

Corky?..........that's cute. Is that the "cleaning" you promised me on the MMB ? You say we have the dumbest fan base in the country, but yet here you are spending your life on the WVU boards. What does that say about you, dumbass?

Corky?..........that's cute. Is that the "cleaning" you promised me on the MMB ? You say we have the dumbest fan base in the country, but yet here you are spending your life on the WVU boards. What does that say about you, dumbass?
It means I can lay out a single line of smack, once every few days, and that's all that's required to school the few dumb meatheads that frequent this forum.

C-USA is getting about $2000 per team. When you add in their TV deal that jacks the amount up to about $3500 per team. That's pretty good and it will only get better, I personally think that next year we will see them break the $4000 mark!
It'd take them over a century to see one year's worth of our TV money.

We already have won several things of note. Were you not watching when we hung 70 on Dabo's Clemson in the Orange Bowl, or when we beat #8 Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, and when we beat #3 Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl? What has your Marshall Blundering Terd ever done of note since leaving 1-AA?

We already have won several things of note. Were you not watching when we hung 70 on Dabo's Clemson in the Orange Bowl, or when we beat #8 Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, and when we beat #3 Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl? What has your Marshall Blundering Terd ever done of note since leaving 1-AA?
Blah, Blah ,Blah, nobody remembers that shit! Hang a banner!

Blah, Blah ,Blah, nobody remembers that shit! Hang a banner!

No need to hang a banner, it's a matter of record. Big time wins against big time programs. Back to the question I posed to you regarding your favorite phrase..............what exactly has Marshall football done "of note" since stepping up from 1-AA. (Hint- it starts with a Z and ends with O, with E and R in between).

No need to hang a banner, it's a matter of record. Big time wins against big time programs. Back to the question I posed to you regarding your favorite phrase..............what exactly has Marshall football done "of note" since stepping up from 1-AA. (Hint- it starts with a Z and ends with O, with E and R in between).
Buzz my old friend, one wins a banner when one wins a Championship! Other than BB gun shooting still waiting for my beloved Mounties to hang one!

Buzz my old friend, one wins a banner when one wins a Championship! Other than BB gun shooting still waiting for my beloved Mounties to hang one!

You are still dodging the question...........what exactly has Marshall done "of note" since leaving the 1-AA ranks?. Look at their dismal record against P-5 football schools. Only one win against a P-5 that finished the year with a winning record.

You are still dodging the question...........what exactly has Marshall done "of note" since leaving the 1-AA ranks?. Look at their dismal record against P-5 football schools. Only one win against a P-5 that finished the year with a winning record.
Not sure that's true. Hell, we've beaten Louisville 3 times since 97 and beat Big 12 Champ KSU. But it is true we have not won a NCAA Championship banner either, then again we don't announce our superiority to the world either as do you delusional Cousins!

ADVERTISEMENT