ADVERTISEMENT

2 points about the Kansas game...

Buster68

All-American
Feb 4, 2003
1. I can't remember the last time we played a great game wearing IMHO those gawdawful all gold uniforms.
2. Our Heisman candidate throws 3 ints and fumbles for 4 turnovers and undoubtedly plays one of the worst games of his career and we still win 38-22 against an improving scrappy KU team. Did I mention that he also threw 4 touchdown passes and for 300 plus yards.

Well I'll take that kind of B-12 win any day of the week even with the gold uniforms.

Pitts was a man amongst boys. He should be our starting corner but showed how good a safety he is yesterday. Pitts will be a star.

1. I can't remember the last time we played a great game wearing IMHO those gawdawful all gold uniforms.
2. Our Heisman candidate throws 3 ints and fumbles for 4 turnovers and undoubtedly plays one of the worst games of his career and we still win 38-22 against an improving scrappy KU team. Did I mention that he also threw 4 touchdown passes and for 300 plus yards.

Well I'll take that kind of B-12 win any day of the week even with the gold uniforms.

If we’re going to wear those uniforms, we should change our name from the Mountaineers to the “Running Bananas”.

Uniform color has absolutely nothing to do with WVU's 4 turnovers including 3 interceptions in the red zone.

Either WVU gets its head out of its ass against Iowa State, IN AMES where Big 12 title dreams go to die, or the Mountaineers will no longer be among the 8 Power 5 teams unbeaten at only the halfway point of the season.

Now that Texas bumped off Oklahoma, it's up to Grier and Gibby to replace the malaise with the majesty of the 1st half against Texas Tech. Or be prepared to have Marshall and Pitt fans laugh at us. Do we really want that?

What's the health report for the players? We need #40 in tip-top shape in Ames. #7, too.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34
A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22
I ncinerate Iowa State
N ail Baylor
E rectile dysfunction Texas
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma

Uniform color has absolutely nothing to do with WVU's 4 turnovers including 3 interceptions in the red zone.

Either WVU gets its head out of its ass against Iowa State, IN AMES where Big 12 title dreams go to die, or the Mountaineers will no longer be among the 8 Power 5 teams unbeaten at only the halfway point of the season.

Now that Texas bumped off Oklahoma, it's up to Grier and Gibby to replace the malaise with the majesty of the 1st half against Texas Tech. Or be prepared to have Marshall and Pitt fans laugh at us. Do we really want that?

What's the health report for the players? We need #40 in tip-top shape in Ames. #7, too.

I ncinerate Iowa State
N ail Baylor
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma
Lighten up cfe. We're having a little fun with the uniforms. But make no mistake this was an ambush game and we won. We will be ready for those purdy cyclones.

What nonsense.
Please grow up.
Uniform color has NO effect on game outcome.
I love these uniforms! They look wonderfully showy on TV (much better than many of the other combinations we wear).

Lighten up cfe. We're having a little fun with the uniforms. But make no mistake this was an ambush game and we won. We will be ready for those purdy cyclones.
As it turns out, I DID lighten up. Went from 175 to 162 pounds in 3 months WITHOUT going on a diet. Hope that tapeworm isn't too hungry?

Beating Iowa State in Ames might be tougher than outlasting Texas Tech.

Now that we're #6 in both polls I will be having nightmares about Geno Smith and his 5-0 start and 7-6 finish in 2012. Please, God, don't let that freefall happen again.

Just keep winning and we'll be Big 12 champs and in the Football Final Four.

I n 6th place nationally heading to Ames and Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

As it turns out, I DID lighten up. Went from 175 to 162 pounds in 3 months WITHOUT going on a diet. Hope that tapeworm isn't too hungry?

Beating Iowa State in Ames might be tougher than outlasting Texas Tech.

Now that we're #6 in both polls I will be having nightmares about Geno Smith and his 5-0 start and 7-6 finish in 2012. Please, God, don't let that freefall happen again.

Just keep winning and we'll be Big 12 champs and in the Football Final Four.

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma
Don’t worry this team has something Geno lacked, a defense that can bail the offense out in a pinch. WVU hasn’t had that since 2007.

I kinda think
Grier is playing some overconfident...

He simply can't get hit
like that vs ISU and survive the season

Don’t worry this team has something Geno lacked, a defense that can bail the offense out in a pinch. WVU hasn’t had that since 2007.

Excellent point!

Against Kansas, after WVU fumbled the ball away on its first offense series, the Mountaineer defense made Kansas fumble and Leddie Brown soon scored a TD.

After Grier threw an interception and made a TV-saving tackle (ballcarrier probably took a lot of ribbing for letting a QB prevent him from a pick-6), Hakim Bailey intercepted Kansas a few plays later.

After Grier scrambles and fumbles ball to Kansas, defense forces a 3-and-out. Pettaway's running and receiver brought another WVU TD.

WVU's special teams, the target of criticism in recent years, also got into the act. When Kansas fumbled WVU's punt that started in the back of the end zone, the Mountaineers' recovery led to a WVU field goal.

Dana is right. It's important that all 3 sides of the ball do their jobs.

Let's hope Grier, the offensive line and receivers have their "A" game against Iowa State and that the defense and special teams do, too.

I LOVE the atmosphere of being #6 nationally ... and climbing?

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

KU defense was a lot better than I thought. They also have not been blown out as of yet.

But the lead should of been 42-7 at the half.

yea. really.
oreally.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT