ADVERTISEMENT

18-25 in the conference under Kneel Clown.

The majority of the best players in Basketball aren't sticking around more than 1-2 years. Most of the Blue Bloods are chasing the Mcdonalds all American. Most of the teams that win championships get top level talent or the players that develop into top level Talent. You can get some good support players but you're not going to find a championship team through the portal. The only way the guys we brought in would have helped us win a championship is if we had the pieces to build around. Which we didn't.
See the link I just posted.

I don't disagree with the notion most top level HS players don't stick around in college. Hell, many don't even go to college anymore. But your exclusive comment is very flawed in an attempt to make a point.

See the link I just posted.

I don't disagree with the notion most top level HS players don't stick around in college. Hell, many don't even go to college anymore. But your exclusive comment is very flawed in an attempt to make a point.
Uconn and Miami also had 2 players each selected in the NBA draft. I also amended my statement to say players that can be developed into NBA players.

The majority of the best players in Basketball aren't sticking around more than 1-2 years. Most of the Blue Bloods are chasing the Mcdonalds all American. Most of the teams that win championships get top level talent or the players that develop into top level Talent. You can get some good support players but you're not going to find a championship team through the portal. The only way the guys we brought in would have helped us win a championship is if we had the pieces to build around. Which we didn't.
With a good coach and system WVU can easily be in the tourney most every year with a deep run every few years. A championship would be great some day but a good place to start is being a sweet 16 team again and be consistent. Blue chip recruits would be great but are not needed with the right coach.

I completely disagree with this 100%. We made it to the final 4 with a bunch of play-hards who weren't McDonalds cheesburgers, but rather just a good group of guys with a good coach. Press Virginia was some of most entertaining basketball WVU has ever put out there and we did it with a bunch of 3 star guys who play hard. Huggins messed up not sticking with press virginia. This shit he was putting out the last few years was crap, but he found a niche in the NIL/portal and got a bunch of good players to come here, so I was ready to give it another couple years to see if he would turn it around, until the drama happened.
Devin Ebanks wasn't a 3 star he was a 4-star player and he made it to the NBA and Huggins inherited a bunch of guys who were good shooters. None of these players from the portal you mentioned were going to make this team a championship squad.

With a good coach and system WVU can easily be in the tourney most every year with a deep run every few years. A championship would be great some day but a good place to start is being a sweet 16 team again and be consistent. Blue chip recruits would be great but are not needed with the right coach.
Most coach's that win championships either have blue chips or are able to develop players into blue chips so either way you need them to win.

Devin Ebanks wasn't a 3 star he was a 4-star player and he made it to the NBA and Huggins inherited a bunch of guys who were good shooters. None of these players from the portal you mentioned were going to make this team a championship squad.
I wouldnt expect a national championship if Huggs were the coach, but honestly the right coach could take the roster we should have had, and could potentially win one, imo. No reason to think otherwise.

I completely disagree with this 100%. We made it to the final 4 with a bunch of play-hards who weren't McDonalds cheesburgers, but rather just a good group of guys with a good coach. Press Virginia was some of most entertaining basketball WVU has ever put out there and we did it with a bunch of 3 star guys who play hard. Huggins messed up not sticking with press virginia. This shit he was putting out the last few years was crap, but he found a niche in the NIL/portal and got a bunch of good players to come here, so I was ready to give it another couple years to see if he would turn it around, until the drama happened.
That 2010 Final Four Team was the result of several factors. First, you had the advantage of 2 elite HC’s back to back who were able to contribute the best of their players at the same time time. Beilein left a nucleus of DeSean Butler, Joe Mazzula and Bob Huggins added 5 star Devin Ebanks, 4 star Kevin Jones, 3 star Truck Bryant to go with them. It’s was a product of perfect timing. That team was special and probably 1 player away from a legit NC team. Can you imagine if we had Joe Alexander on that team. He only missed landing on that team by 1 or 2 years.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
That 2010 Final Four Team was the result of several factors. First, you had the advantage of 2 elite HC’s back to back who were able to contribute the best of their players at the same time time. Beilein left a nucleus of DeSean Butler, Joe Mazzula and Bob Huggins added 5 star Devin Ebanks, 4 star Kevin Jones, 3 star Truck Bryant to go with them. It’s was a product of perfect timing. That team was special and probably 1 player away from a legit NC team. Can you imagine if we had Joe Alexander on that team. He only missed landing on that team by 1 or 2 years.
I loved that team, with Joe Alexander, we couldve won it all. It was a hybrid between those two coaches and they were fire. Such fun times. I hope we find the right coach and find some more seasons that are as fun and exciting as then. We had some good seasons under Huggs big time, but it started lacking a lot.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
I loved that team, with Joe Alexander, we couldve won it all. It was a hybrid between those two coaches and they were fire. Such fun times. I hope we find the right coach and find some more seasons that are as fun and exciting as then. We had some good seasons under Huggs big time, but it started lacking a lot.
I really do think Joe Alexander on that team would’ve been the final piece of the puzzle to win the NC that year

You must work for the Upshur County journalism club, I mean Channel 5 news. I'm suprised that junk is still on.

So you are one of those snowflakes who think fans complaining about the worst WVU football coach ever, actually hurts recruiting? What about the head coaches record and the fact that WVU cant win a big game against a good team, that doesnt hurt recruiting? What about the national sports media picking Neal to finish dead last in the B12 and voting him the worst coach in the B12? Tons of bad press last season, and it had nothing to do with fed up fans on a sports message board. ESPN, SI, etc, etc figured it out themseves because even the Neal hating fans didnt predict him to finish last. But this is what happens when you have really bad leadership. The sports world knows Lyons got fired because Neal sucks that bad, and the buyout stuck WVU with Neal. WVU couldnt afford to fire him because of how bad Gee has destroyed everything else, so they kept him instead. Do you know how bad of a look that is? Bad enough to make the national sports media think Neal Brown is the worst coach in the B12 and maybe P5 altogether. We were actually lucky to have the NIL last year or we wouldve lost a few good recruits.
I don't believe DA Gee's deficit problem has anything to do with the athletic side of things. Academic deficits and how the athletic dept. runs things are not related. It probably just made good sense to not can Brown and have to fork out $20M to him.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
I don't believe DA Gee's deficit problem has anything to do with the athletic side of things. Academic deficits and how the athletic dept. runs things are not related. It probably just made good sense to not can Brown and have to fork out $20M to him.
You are right the budgets are two seperate things. Definitely the 20 mil buyout is the reason Brown is here. That is a lot of money and they may have had to pay Shayne some extra money to leave as well. It was a bad look though, because no one is fooled by it especially the national sports media. They know Brown is only here because WVU kind of got stuck with him. Its why they picked WVU to finish last.

Yawns.,,,,wake me twat when you have something intelligent to say....I am assuming that will be never.

Just go back to insulting our coach and team...its all you know.
I don’t understand why pro Neal Brown fans think it’s insulting our coaches and players to objectively provide reasons to dismiss the coaches. Our goal is to win and compete at a level they are not achieving. Everyone is being paid to produce. Fans are paying for that expectation. There’s nothing wrong with expecting better results.

Reactions: pocamountie
I don’t understand why pro Neal Brown fans think it’s insulting our coaches and players to objectively provide reasons to dismiss the coaches. Our goal is to win and compete at a level they are not achieving. Everyone is being paid to produce. Fans are paying for that expectation. There’s nothing wrong with expecting better results.
I'm not pro-Brown, I'm pro-WVU and I will only give constructive criticism as I did after the OSU game. I view you in a similar light but willing to discuss our HC more than I. But I can answer your question. Very few individuals do it in the manner you do it which is nothing but top-shelf. You express your opinion and explain opinions without hurling unnecessary insults. That isn't the case with the loudmouth in the OP. So those two bickering deserve one another in my book but it serves zero purpose.

poerI'm not pro-Brown, I'm pro-WVU and I will only give constructive criticism as I did after the OSU game. I view you in a similar light but willing to discuss our HC more than I. But I can answer your question. Very few individuals do it in the manner you do it which is nothing but top-shelf. You express your opinion and explain opinions without hurling unnecessary insults. That isn't the case with the loudmouth in the OP. So those two bickering deserve one another in my book but it serves zero purpose.
Damn BRU you are full of shit. You hurl more insults at fans than anyone I've seen on here and its not even close. How many fans do you call fake fans for wanting a better coach and wanting the best for WVU? You have entered yourself into discussions for months calling people names, when they werent calling you names or even talking directly to you. You and your other account both do it more than anyone I've ever seen on here. Personally I got sick of it and started firing back. You come no here like some crusader with both of your accounts back in the summer because you were soooo mad that me and a few others were 120% done with Brown and not willing to get back on the bandwagon. That offended you so bad, you instantly attacked people and called them names. You are the worst there is at name calling VGABRU....

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT