ADVERTISEMENT

13 - 9 Pitt game all over again?

Been an all around poor game from playing to coaching. The offensive play calling has been questionable from the beginning.

Those are called reads and QB mistakes. Coaches don't make play calls to throw into double and triple coverage. Anything else?

So, you are saying WVU has no offensive plays that have WR's running short-intermediate routes at all......that they have a deep ball on every play call and it's all on Howard? That the coaches are at no fault for throwing a deep ball on 2nd and 6 that had triple coverage after averaging 7 yards per rush? OK.....;)

So, you are saying WVU has no offensive plays that have WR's running short-intermediate routes at all......that they have a deep ball on every play call and it's all on Howard? That the coaches are at no fault for throwing a deep ball on 2nd and 6 that had triple coverage after averaging 7 yards per rush? OK.....;)

They are running intermediate routes but Howard hasn't made the throws, honey.

They are running intermediate routes but Howard hasn't made the throws, honey.

My point is....stop calling those plays that gives him the OPTION of throwing deep. That pass to Jennings is the routes that Howard has to complete....."honey"......[laughing]

My point is....stop calling those plays that gives him the OPTION of throwing deep. That pass to Jennings is the routes that Howard has to complete....."honey"......[laughing]

So don't stretch the field? That is beyond absurd.

Actually he should be able to call those plays (to clear the secondary) but be coached not to continue to actually throw the deep ball.

He'll eventually hit one and people here will think it justifies way too many misses.

Bubble screens don't happen? Huh......who knew.......;)

Yep just throw bubbles (which we haven't been successful doing) and intermediates so the D doesn't have to be worried about the deep ball and they stuff everyone within 7 yards of the los. You'd be a fantastic coach...cute emoji here.

Yep just throw bubbles (which we haven't been successful doing) and intermediates so the D doesn't have to be worried about the deep ball and they stuff everyone within 7 yards of the los. You'd be a fantastic coach...cute emoji here.

Then.....after you have lulled them to sleep....throw it deep and you have SINGLE coverage.......not my first rodeo.....[thumbsup] (you like this emoji better?)

Then.....after you have lulled them to sleep....throw it deep and you have SINGLE coverage.......not my first rodeo.....[thumbsup] (you like this emoji better?)

Lull them to sleep by throwing incompletions due to lack of throwing windows...should be your last rodeo.

Lull them to sleep by throwing incompletions due to lack of throwing windows...should be your last rodeo.

JY .....................you just a freshman. You ain't "bonafide'' and should keep a lower profile. When you get about 2500 posts under your belt...........................we can talk turkey. Warez

Been an all around poor game from playing to coaching. The offensive play calling has been questionable from the beginning.

I don't think that's fair to the defense, which saved WVU's bacon for at least the fifth time this season and which, I think, held 7 opponents to 21 or fewer points.

4 turnovers obviously helped WVU win the game.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunctioned against Oklahoma, 56-28

R ebounded big time on offense and defense at Iowa State, 49-19

S aved again by the defense against Baylor, 24-21