ADVERTISEMENT

08 Football season biggest failure in Program History

VaultHunter

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2014
Was watching 08 Auburn game. Wow what a blunder of a hire Stewart was.

Devine was twice the player as Slaton.
White nothing else needs said
Sanders, Arnett, Johnson, Gonzales Jalloh and fantastic O Line.

Defense was loaded

Special Teams very good.

Rod would have competed for a Championship again that year.

McGee should have gotten the job. Heck even is Stewart was a above average coach he would have brought in someone other than Mullen and their crap offense and play calling. Doug Johnson lol.

And some people think that man deserves a statue? For what exactly?

It was like watching Alabama being coached by a middle school staff. It's hard to be that loaded and lose at ECU.

Was watching 08 Auburn game. Wow what a blunder of a hire Stewart was.

Devine was twice the player as Slaton.
White nothing else needs said
Sanders, Arnett, Johnson, Gonzales Jalloh and fantastic O Line.

Defense was loaded

Special Teams very good.

Rod would have competed for a Championship again that year.

McGee should have gotten the job. Heck even is Stewart was a above average coach he would have brought in someone other than Mullen and their crap offense and play calling. Doug Johnson lol.

And some people think that man deserves a statue? For what exactly?

Yeah it was a waste of a great team, but I wouldnt say Devine was twice the player as Slaton. Slaton went on to have a nice pro career, he obviously had real talent.

But the real blunder was the season before. You take care of that opportunity and what followed doesnt happen.

Last edited:
I'd say the 98 season was a bigger disappointment. 11 NFL draft picks on that team and 8-4 was the best you could do?

Reactions: Eastern 8
Not the same, but Tavon's incredible game against Oklahoma ending in a loss really upset me...what more could one player do?

He would have kept the machine running for one more great season, at least.
“One more great season” to turn the program over to a race baiting scum who lied under oath in sworn statements, all to ruin the reputation of the university just so Fraud-Rod could get out of paying his buyout he legally owed.

Great idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT