ADVERTISEMENT

0-3 in the Big XII Tournament

WVUFanForever

All-American
Oct 1, 2004
Hell...even TCU has a win now.

Huggs had three chances to beat Baylor....and didn't get the job done once.

And we have lost three of four now going into the tournament.

And since Keaton likes Nathan Adrian threads:

14 minutes
0-1 from the field
0 rebounds
2 turnovers
3 fouls
0 points

and an impressive 5 assists in only 14 minutes, but I guess that doesn't support the argument you were trying to make.

Honestly...we are still playing without the seniors, and I think we looked at this game as being icing on the cake should we get the win.

Hopefully we'll be able to close out games better in the dance.

The sky is not falling.

You failed to mention we played without Staten (our best player) and Browne (senior starter & captain). And of all the teams to get matched up against in the 1st round of the Big 12 tourney we get stuck with Baylor. That was our absolute worst matchup. Big guys that can handle the ball & girth inside. We would probably only win 1 or 2 times if we played them 10 times because of the matchup problems.

Change you're board name to MarshallFanForever.

It fits you better.

We just played a pretty good game against a better team and you're bitching.

You're many things, but you aren't and never have been a WVU fan.

To me, the only teams that should be included in the NCAA tournament are those that don't have to rely on the "right" match up in order to win. Getting beat 3 times by the same team in a season is a pretty solid guarantee that WVU is not the best team in the nation as Baylor is definitely the better team.

Originally posted by WVUFanForever:
Hell...even TCU has a win now.

Huggs had three chances to beat Baylor....and didn't get the job done once.

And we have lost three of four now going into the tournament.

And since Keaton likes Nathan Adrian threads:

14 minutes
0-1 from the field
0 rebounds
2 turnovers
3 fouls
0 points
No rebounds? Wouldn't have guessed that. Nate didn't jump out at me like he usually does. Maybe since he didn't take wide open shots and miss them. The one he did miss was, of course, wide open. He made some nice passes and his effort is always there.

I absolutely despise Baylor, probably the team I hate most in the Big 12. But in my opinion (not worth much anyways), Baylor is the best team in the Big 12. And 2 of those matchups were without our senior leadership including pre-season Big 12 POY Juwan Staten. And don't discount Gary Browne, he chips in 7 PPG and his defense is strong component of our full court pressure. Hell, he also carried this team vs TCU on the road earlier in the year when Staten was sick. He also had a pretty big game vs OSU on the road. He's a key piece, just like Staten. Both out with injury. And for whatever it's worth, 2 of those losses without key players were on the road. I know, we lost by 20 to them at home with both of our players. Our team couldn't throw a beach ball in the Atlantic Ocean that game.

And there it is....again..someone tells me I am not a WVU fan...simply based on what?
Perhaps that you have 4433 posts and 4000+ are negative?

Well then, I guess by that logic, only Kentucky can attend the NCAA tournament, because only the best team in the nation gets to go to the tourney?

I mean...Baylor lost to KState and Oklahoma State, and we swept both of those teams, so yea...we aren't better head to head...that's clear...but can we beat Baylor? I believe that absolutely we can, it's not like they blew the doors off of us...without our best player and a solid contributer, both of who are seniors who provide leadership as well.

Matchups ALWAYS matter, this isn't a day and age where teams are 30 points more dominant every single night than their opponents.

Originally posted by smitty_cregger:
Well then, I guess by that logic, only Kentucky can attend the NCAA tournament, because only the best team in the nation gets to go to the tourney?

I mean...Baylor lost to KState and Oklahoma State, and we swept both of those teams, so yea...we aren't better head to head...that's clear...but can we beat Baylor? I believe that absolutely we can, it's not like they blew the doors off of us...without our best player and a solid contributer, both of who are seniors who provide leadership as well.

Matchups ALWAYS matter, this isn't a day and age where teams are 30 points more dominant every single night than their opponents.
Yep. To me, matchups are more important. I'm not worried about seeding. Being seeded 5 is no better than being seeded 7 if you are facing worse matchups. Middle seedings are worthless to me. I care more about matchups. Perhaps we get a 7 seed but have more favorable matchups even against a 2-seeded team in the 2nd round instead of playing a higher seed team. It's all about matchups in the post-season. I feel the same way with other post season sports especially hockey.

Hell, just look at the Big 12 Tournament for starters. I would have much rather been #6 seed than the #5 seed. We would have been playing Oklahoma instead of Baylor. I'm sure every Mountaineer fan would much rather have that matchup, better matchup for WVU.
This post was edited on 3/13 8:19 AM by bEER_Nation13

And there it is....again..someone tells me I am not a WVU fan...simply based on what?
I have no idea what Soaring Eagle based his claim on, but if it were me I would have based it on you.
smokin.r191677.gif

I'm pretty sure common sense say's if you consistently complain about something... you're not a "fan" of it.

Absolutely! If we are on the other side of this bracket, then we are in a much better position. College basketball is all about the right matchup.

I think in the NCAA tourney...I hope we don't encounter teams that have size...we are good to go if Williams and Holton can control the boards, otherwise...it could be an early exit.

Originally posted by oceantide83:
To me, the only teams that should be included in the NCAA tournament are those that don't have to rely on the "right" match up in order to win.

Then you eliminate about 95% of the teams in the field. Actually you eliminate 99% of the field because UK is the only team that can beat everyone regardless of the matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT