ADVERTISEMENT

Your pick for our best linebacker this year?

EERFox

Freshman
Gold Member
May 8, 2015
I keep thinking about all the talent we have at linebacker and it wouldn't shock me if we have two that make all big 12 teams. Barber is going to have a great year and Kwiatkoski will too but something tells me Xavier Preston has the most upside of all. Can he take a starting position from the older guys? Another guy I love of Benton. Should be fun watching the battles we have.

I keep thinking about all the talent we have at linebacker and it wouldn't shock me if we have two that make all big 12 teams. Barber is going to have a great year and Kwiatkoski will too but something tells me Xavier Preston has the most upside of all. Can he take a starting position from the older guys? Another guy I love of Benton. Should be fun watching the battles we have.
Kwiatkoski for me. Barber is going to be the glue but Kwiatkoski is a difference maker. The young guys will get their time but it won't be as starters.

It's a tough call because you have good upperclassmen, Barber coming back, very athletic young guys and quality depth. Nick has a chance to be great but Preston has talent that WVU rarely gets at linebacker.

Barber will be our go and the backbone of the defense. His leadership can't be overstated. Preston will be a household name either this year or in '16.

If Gibson's defense plays with the same fire this year or recruiting will improve on that side of the ball.

Kwiatkoski will be all over the field this year. He's able to run and he's physical. Barber is steady but doesn't have the wheels to be our top guy. Keep an eye on Benton, I'm told he's very intelligent and knows every one of the linebacker positions.

You guys are underestimating the importance of having Barber back. He provides the leadership we need and will be a coach on the field. Maybe Barber isn't the most talented LBer we have but he is the most important.

Kwiatkoski will be all over the field this year. He's able to run and he's physical. Barber is steady but doesn't have the wheels to be our top guy. Keep an eye on Benton, I'm told he's very intelligent and knows every one of the linebacker positions.
Kwiatkoski is indeed able to run. He makes up a lot of speed by knowing how to get to the ball on time Grant Wileyesque. If we develop depth at the D-line like we have with LBs and DBs, Katie bar the door.

I think Kwiatakoski will be one of the best linebakers in the Big 12 if he stays healthy. But I also think WVU will have one of if not the best defense in the Big 12 as well. 1standlong is right on the money having Barber back will be huge for WVU.

Reactions: torontoeers
I think Kwiatakoski will be one of the best linebakers in the Big 12 if he stays healthy. But I also think WVU will have one of if not the best defense in the Big 12 as well. 1standlong is right on the money having Barber back will be huge for WVU.
The only thing I hate about the Big 12 is we could have the best defense in the league and our numbers will still be bad because of the offences we face.

ADVERTISEMENT