ADVERTISEMENT

WVU with the sixth best out of conference schedule for Big 12 teams...

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
per Barry Tramel: http://newsok.com/college-football-...-conference-schedules/article/5422070/?page=1

5. Texas:
at Notre Dame, Rice, California. Great schedule. Criticize the Longhorns for many things, but they don't run from competition.

27. Oklahoma: Akron, at Tennessee, Tulsa. Playing in Neyland Stadium would earn the Sooners a free pass for a I-AA game. But OU didn't use it.

30. Texas Tech: Sam Houston State, Texas-El Paso, at Arkansas. The third-best Big 12 schedule. Isn’t that a shame?

33. Kansas: South Dakota State, Memphis, at Rutgers. The Memphis game gives the Jayhawks a boost. Memphis won Conference USA last season.

35. TCU: at Minnesota, Stephen F. Austin, SMU. The Gophers were pretty good last season, giving TCU a boost in its bid to make the Football Four. It would help a bunch if Minnesota could be even better than its 8-5 record from 2014.

36. West Virginia: Georgia Southern, Liberty, Maryland. Sounds more like some kind of Union Army marching chant than a decent schedule.

43. Iowa State: Northern Iowa, Iowa, at Toledo. For the Cyclones, this isn't a terrible schedule.

55. Oklahoma State: at Central Michigan, Central Arkansas, Texas-San Antonio. Wonder if we could get UTSA to change its name to Central Texas University? Then it would be a clean sweep for the Cowboys.

58. Baylor: at SMU, Lamar, Rice. Where in the name of Texas pride is North Texas on this schedule? Or Texas State? The Bears would add them if the NCAA would approve a 14-game schedule.

61. Kansas State: South Dakota, Texas-San Antonio, Louisiana Tech. Bill Snyder, you know I love you, but this is ridiculous.

I don't get it! Georgia Southern is no patsy and they will come to play. They could even beat us. Maryland is always a telling game and it's no guarantee of a win in any year. I know nothing about Liberty!

If Georgia southern beats us Dana should be fired on the spot. We are supposed to be catching up to the supposedly superior programs in the BIG XII not getting beat by teams who just made the move to Division one football. I'm about 85% sure Dana isn't the guy we need as it is. Loosing to those guys would remove any doubt!

I don't get it! Georgia Southern is no patsy and they will come to play. They could even beat us. Maryland is always a telling game and it's no guarantee of a win in any year. I know nothing about Liberty!

That's not how they judge the schedules. Basically, you don't get credit for a mid-major team, unless it's somebody like Boise St. They judge it mainly based on your P5 opponents.

If Georgia southern beats us Dana should be fired on the spot. We are supposed to be catching up to the supposedly superior programs in the BIG XII not getting beat by teams who just made the move to Division one football. I'm about 85% sure Dana isn't the guy we need as it is. Loosing to those guys would remove any doubt!
Firing him for losing to one team isn't logical but it would be the beginning of the end.

I like Barry, but isnt Memphis in the AAC and did they actually win that league? As for our ooc schedule, its not like last season but its not a total creampuff. Ive seen some weak ooc schedules from WVU and this isnt the easiest by a long shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT