ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs UMASS

Farrakhan was a nice surprise. Guards and wings are now our strength. No strength at center/PF, mostly finesse. Terrible rebounding. Can't wait to see Battle. All in all an interesting game, great comeback, nice defensive adjustment. Wish we had a Kevin Jones.

Reactions: locustwv
Farrakhan was a nice surprise. Guards and wings are now our strength. No strength at center/PF, mostly finesse. Terrible rebounding. Can't wait to see Battle. All in all an interesting game, great comeback, nice defensive adjustment. Wish we had a Kevin Jones.
Wish we had Derek Culver.

Nothing to see here. Basketball season ended weeks ago. After the Mayonnaise game, it officially becomes baseball season.

Thank God those good players got the ok to play. Hard to tell how bad we lose this one without them.

Doesn't matter. He has next-level talent against an inexperienced team.

This is a Frank Martin team. They are going to take cheap shots. That's who he is.
He learned from Huggins. You think Jesse was pounded tonight. Wait until the Big 12 gets a hold of him.

Almost pulled it off. Edwards definitely has to be a little tougher in the big 12. I imagine Baker is starting to look at names. Josh is going to have to get our guys a little better prepared especially on defense. That was pathetic. Get tougher.

Almost pulled it off. Edwards definitely has to be a little tougher in the big 12. I imagine Baker is starting to look at names. Josh is going to have to get our guys a little better prepared especially on defense. That was pathetic. Get tougher.
I'm sorry but lol...almost pulled it off?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If being down 18 and then tying it up for just a few seconds equals "almost pulled it off"........then, yeah.

As I predicted before the game on this thread, this change in lineup would present challenges and we definitely saw it defensively. I'm going to guess Edwards had more wrong with him at the start of the game and then the hand injury made him totally ineffective. Games are played to determine the winner and we didn't deserve to win that game plus UMass does have talent. I expect them to make the tourney.

The team with the new additions to the playing roster will improve over the next three games. We will be improved but still not great. However, I do believe we will see this team to get a few upsets in the Big 12 schedule.

As I predicted before the game on this thread, this change in lineup would present challenges and we definitely saw it defensively. I'm going to guess Edwards had more wrong with him at the start of the game and then the hand injury made him totally ineffective. Games are played to determine the winner and we didn't deserve to win that game plus UMass does have talent. I expect them to make the tourney.

The team with the new additions to the playing roster will improve over the next three games. We will be improved but still not great. However, I do believe we will see this team to get a few upsets in the Big 12 schedule.
UMASS lost to Harvard and Towson. They have beaten nobody including us.

They will be lucky to finish 7th or 8th in Atlantic 10. They will not make tournament.

WVU even with the addition of talent will not make the tournament and will be lucky to finish above 14th in Big 12.
They are weak and easily moved out of the box and off the glass. The defense is disturbing and awful. Big 12 will run all over this team like a steam press.

Coaching is awful as is game planning and in game adjustments. They are easily overmatched and outcoached.

Can't wait for the season to end so we can see who the new coach will be.

\If being down 18 and then tying it up for just a few seconds equals "almost pulled it off"........then, yeah.
We made a heck of a come back in the 2nd half and got back in the game. We blew it, but it was fun to watch --the only part of the game that was worth watching. If we had any kind of a competent coaching, that game was ours. I dont blame the players. Our coach was a glorified ball boy for 16 years. Throw away season....

Last edited:
We made a heck of a come back in the 2nd half and got back in the game. We blew it, but it was fun to watch --the only part of the game that was worth watching. If we had any kind of a competent coaching, that game was ours. I dont blame the players. Our coach was a glorified ball boy for 16 years. Throw away season....
Huggs wouldn’t win with this roster. Especially when our “star” pussies up and quits during the game.

Huggs wouldn’t win with this roster. Especially when our “star” pussies up and quits during the game.
I dont think he would do that under Huggs, unless he wanted a lot of tredmill time. These kids would be working hard and lifting more too I'm sure. The thing about Huggs compared to Josh is a lot of things, like being a HOF coach compared to never being a coach. Huggs would have these guys a lot more prepared. Rebounding, defensvive adjustments, etc. Huggs was damn good at making in-game adjustments to counter what other teams were doing. Josh has 0 experience at that and it shows. He is a guy who should be starting at a smaller school and working his way up the totem pole, but it is what it is. It was all bad timing. I'm behind Josh 100, but still dont expect much at all. Throwaway season, but hoping for some pleasant surprise is the only way I can see this season. I'm not even mad that we lost.

Huggins would have beaten the teams we lost to. We still would have failed in Big 12 because they're not talented enough or physical.

Of course if Huggins had not been an idiot all summer he would be coaching still and it would have been a different team of players.

Huggins would have beaten the teams we lost to. We still would have failed in Big 12 because they're not talented enough or physical.

Of course if Huggins had not been an idiot all summer he would be coaching still and it would have been a different team of players.
The Huggins roster was going to be the best WVU had in a long time. It would be a different team. It is what it is. I like the players we have a lot, we just lack depth, toughness and an experienced coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT