ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs Toledo

Being honest, we haven't stopped straight-line drives in the past 4-5 years. Huggs would constantly complain about it in his press conferences.
I'm aware. Today's game seemed worse than normal. Maybe because I had company watching which is unusual. My dog is my usual watching partner and she just wants to be petted when I yell at the TV.

Wait until we get to conference games and face real guards. To win we will have to make shots at a high rate.
I'm almost ready to say screw it, play zone all the time. Mix it up. 2-3, 3-2, 1-3-1, etc. Make the other team kill us from the outside.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
We have no offense. We have no team concept. It is pure street ball. That works against the lower level (radford not included) But the next 6 games will be terrible if we don't learn offense, defense and everything else that goes into winning basketball. It was crazy that when it got down to two Eilert brought in the previous starters plus Akok and the lead went back up. It was like they knew each other and played like a team. WVU will be lucky to win 3 more games all year.

I wonder who the new coach will be.

Two of our dogs just go hide when we watch basketball. The other one, I tell to watch the ball and keep looking for the dog to get substituted. He watches TV all the time runs up to the set when a dog appears. Nice to get a win, I don't expect there will be many this year.

We have no offense. We have no team concept. It is pure street ball. That works against the lower level (radford not included) But the next 6 games will be terrible if we don't learn offense, defense and everything else that goes into winning basketball. It was crazy that when it got down to two Eilert brought in the previous starters plus Akok and the lead went back up. It was like they knew each other and played like a team. WVU will be lucky to win 3 more games all year.

I wonder who the new coach will be.
I say pay Jay Wright. Make him highest paid coach. But we know that ain’t happening. It will end up being an assistant from someone in our conference.

Sorry to disappoint the chumps among you who were so hoping for a WVU loss.

Merry Christmas!

I think at this point people want to see the talent the team has and they know wins will be tough to come by. The promotions they're having help as well.
Well at this point, I think most (really should be all) fans understand that the NCAA tourney is only if we make a run and win the conference tournament. Personally, I'm hoping we can finish above .500 and make the NIT. That would be a positive end to a turmoil-filled year for this program, and would be one major accomplishment. I don't wish this situation that Coach Eilert and his staff have been put in on anyone. If Farrakhan, Battle, and Kerr were eligible form game #1, I believe we would be in a better situation.

I'm almost ready to say screw it, play zone all the time. Mix it up. 2-3, 3-2, 1-3-1, etc. Make the other team kill us from the outside.
I agree. Zone seems to be their best defense. I've never seen a team so bad at playing man to man.

I saw that too. Amazes me. He was non-existent here. Makes you wonder what the real problems were in the program.
I love Huggins. But past few years, his fuse was too short when players made mistakes. He pulled them too quick which affected players not getting into any rhythm. It is one thing I am enjoying Eilert calm presence.

I love Huggins. But past few years, his fuse was too short when players made mistakes. He pulled them too quick which affected players not getting into any rhythm. It is one thing I am enjoying Eilert calm presence.
Sometimes you can be to calm and to relaxed. He shows no emotion at all. This can also hurt teams as it leads to playground ball. There is no structure and no design. Leads to Big leads being blown and poor shot selection just like under Huggins. Piss poor job by Eilert and staff. I know he was thrown into a bad situation given inexperienced assistant coaches but this is crazy. I feel for the guy because I believe he has been made the patsy and easy to remove at seasons end. Perhaps he knows it and I'm sure he does.

Sometimes you can be to calm and to relaxed. He shows no emotion at all. This can also hurt teams as it leads to playground ball. There is no structure and no design. Leads to Big leads being blown and poor shot selection just like under Huggins. Piss poor job by Eilert and staff. I know he was thrown into a bad situation given inexperienced assistant coaches but this is crazy. I feel for the guy because I believe he has been made the patsy and easy to remove at seasons end. Perhaps he knows it and I'm sure he does.
That's not accurate.

I wish for the best for Eilert. When called he answered. He is trying to do the best he can with what he's got, no finger pointing, and I see him trying to adjust and figure out how to play with aroster that changes almost daily. I'd love to see us win some games but so would the coach and this team.

he was really PO'd vs Toledo..thought he might pick up a T...that game looked like rugby at times
Teams know they can get physical against WVU.

Got PO'd? Looked more like a temper tantrum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT