ADVERTISEMENT

WV teacher strke

And in 10 years everyone will wonder why no ones going to college to be a teacher. No way I’m steering my kid to be an educator in today’s environment.

Reactions: Banjo
No. What I'd like to see is people in this thread bitching about the teachers last a week in a 7th grade class making $32k a year. Most would shit their pants and walk out the first day crying. The guys pissing on the teachers in this thread wouldn't last a week with middle school kids.

Yep....teachers who are willing to work with 7th graders for 32k a partial year as a career really showed me.

Hopefully basic economics doesn’t start until 8th grade.

Preach. What is going to happen is patients who are non compliant based off laziness will be discharged from their physicians care so their numbers will not have to be submitted. Also, watch for altering of numbers by docs/institutions to make their numbers appear better. Say you come in with a BP of 140/90. Per Medicare, your BP is high and I have not done a well enough job in managing you, thus possible payment reduction. What if the MA entering the BP makes it be 139/89, then all of a sudden I am a ****ing rockstar and no negative adjustment It is bad news all around for Health Care.

Just as it is for evaluating teachers! Really is a poor way to evaluate professionals. ... on things that are out of your control.

iu

a bunch of butch lesbians, some retards, homos, and a bunch of old sterile Karen’s.. These are the idiots teaching your children. Thank God for the new school laws that are passing that will bring competition to the state in terms of education.

Reactions: wvu2007
a bunch of butch lesbians, some retards, homos, and a bunch of old sterile Karen’s.. These are the idiots teaching your children. Thank God for the new school laws that are passing that will bring competition to the state in terms of education.

Agreed. And for the record, I had several great teachers growing up in WV. Unfortunately there were also a lot who had no business being there. I would love to pay all of the great ones big money but the fat slobs who protest with the unions are dragging them all down.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I really don't care about your office situation, my wife is a teacher that cares about kids and takes pride in her job. Think about what they spend on a education to work for peanuts, their pay is ranked 48 out of 50.

lol at you trying to trash his situation while crying about your wife. She should have went into a different field if she cares so much about her pay.

lol at you trying to trash his situation while crying about your wife. She should have went into a different field if she cares so much about her pay.
Sounds like the pay was commensurate with the results. I’m pretty sure I beat the shit out of this thread last time around. Want better pay? Sign up to produce better results and make it performance based. Make it based on district, or county, but demanding more without delivering more is bullshit. STEM teachers should see more than non-STEM.

Disclosure: I had a teacher and then administrator for a parent. She thankfully put me in private school. My kids will never not be in private school.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Sounds like the pay was commensurate with the results. I’m pretty sure I beat the shit out of this thread last time around. Want better pay? Sign up to produce better results and make it performance based. Make it based on district, or county, but demanding more without delivering more is bullshit. STEM teachers should see more than non-STEM.

Disclosure: I had a teacher and then administrator for a parent. She thankfully put me in private school. My kids will never not be in private school.

The proof is in the pudding. The majority of teachers (and certainly over 75% of administrators) that I had growing up were average at best. A few were amazing. Many more were terrible and another group was just meh. If there were more good than bad teachers we would see teacher pay based on performance metrics and there would be accountability when objectives weren’t met. Why is it that the vast majority of teachers don’t support that? Likely because the vast majority are bad at their jobs or don’t want to make the necessary improvements to grow in their profession. They just want to wait it out to get tenure and seniority to collect a bigger check.

Do people really think that teachers are incentivized to do their very best when their performance has no impact on their pay, and they can virtually go their entire careers being terrible at their job without fear of being fired?

Mind boggling.

And call me crazy, but I knew that teachers didn’t make squat at about the age of 9. Why do many act like this is such a revelation when they go to school to become a teacher, accept a job, and see their first paycheck? It’s like that one meme...

teachers: I didn’t get into this field for the money, I’m in it because I care about the kids

also teachers: I don’t want to go to work to teach the kids because I’m not making enough money doing it.

Crying? Trust me my man im the last man you will ever see cry. I make cry that try to talk shit to me and your no exception.

Shame that they striked and screw teachers union. Delusional left wing idiots
Its total bullshit that they are allowed to strike.....if they want to picket the governor's mansion or state buildings then do so on the weekends & I understand that .
I'm private sector union & we are not allowed to strike in any way shape or form, we are not permitted to cause contractors any loss due to negotiations. When teachers strike they bring harm to the kids

Its total bullshit that they are allowed to strike.....if they want to picket the governor's mansion or state buildings then do so on the weekends & I understand that .
I'm private sector union & we are not allowed to strike in any way shape or form, we are not permitted to cause contractors any loss due to negotiations. When teachers strike they bring harm to the kids
What’s nuts I think is most of them vote Democrat then complain when insurance is raised. Obama Care was a failure that brought everyone’s insurance up. They need to suck it up and pay more just like everyone else. Clowns

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT