ADVERTISEMENT

wow......you all really took powerhouse Bluefield State

I think you'd have to go back decades to find where WVU played a Div. 2 team and counted it as a regular season game. On the other hand, you only need to look back 12 days to see where Marshall has done that, and they've done it every year since Dan issued his "doctrine".
ah yes.....the doctrine.....one of marshlas finest moments

I think you'd have to go back decades to find where WVU played a Div. 2 team and counted it as a regular season game. On the other hand, you only need to look back 12 days to see where Marshall has done that, and they've done it every year since Dan issued his "doctrine".
Hell, go back two years and Huggy played 'em in December.

Hell, go back two years and Huggy played 'em in December.
And you can go back and find that the game was moved in order for WVU to play Texas A&M in The Arm Forces Classic in Europe. The game with Wheeling was moved and was still listed as an exhibition game.

And you can go back and find that the game was moved in order for WVU to play Texas A&M in The Arm Forces Classic in Europe. The game with Wheeling was moved and was still listed as an exhibition game.
.....all I know is Huggy played them in December the reason is unimportant.

Old Buzzards point was that it was decades since WVU played a D-2 school and it counted as a regular season game. The Wheeling game was still an exhibition game which did not count. He didn’t say anything about when the game fell on the schedule.

Old Buzzards point was that it was decades since WVU played a D-2 school and it counted as a regular season game. The Wheeling game was still an exhibition game which did not count. He didn’t say anything about when the game fell on the schedule.
...and my point is it doesn't matter what one calls it when you play outfits like that in December. Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house!

...and my point is it doesn't matter what one calls it when you play outfits like that in December. Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house!
Did Marshall’s game vs Bluefield State (played in December) count on their regular season record? YES.

Did the WVU game vs Wheeling (played in December two years ago) count on their regular season record? NO.

West Virginia could of played it in March and it still would not of counted.

Merry Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT