ADVERTISEMENT

Wheeling Restaurants

Sapphireer

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Have a trip to Oglebay upcoming. Any restaurants worth coming off the mountain?

My favorite joint always used to be Figaretti's; classic/typical Italian, to be sure.....but it was always a damned reliable place (and for a damned long time).

I'm about 98% sure it still exists......admittedly, I haven't eaten there in upward of 20 years......and lots of things can happen even to a plate of ravioli in the length of time. But I've always thought it pretty hard to screw up a thoughtful, locally-made version of the same kind of menu you see at Olive Garden.

I think it remains in that Bethlehem area east of town, making it quite convenient to the Park. Something also tells me that after abandoning their former location right below the Interstate a number of years ago, they relocated into what was the old Ernie's Esquire heading up the hill (on Mt. DeChantal Road, perhaps ??).

When heading east on 70 go to the next exit past the Ogelby (sp?) exit which is the Wheeling hospital exit. Go to light, make a right then quick left Figaretti's is on the right. Much smaller version than before. I have not eaten at this one so I am not good person for taste or atmosphere.

Check oit Bella Via. My favorite Italian joint not named Muriales.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT