ADVERTISEMENT

What's the chance we see Crest and Howard in the backfield?

11nut

All-Conference
Mar 31, 2009
We're going to see Crest split out but any chance we bring him in and line up him closer to Howard and make it more difficult for the defenses to guess which one may end up passing the ball? One reason I think it could work is because Howard is athletic enough to be more than then quarterback for an occasional play.

We're going to see Crest split out but any chance we bring him in and line up him closer to Howard and make it more difficult for the defenses to guess which one may end up passing the ball? One reason I think it could work is because Howard is athletic enough to be more than then quarterback for an occasional play.
He's definitely going to play at the same time but I'm curious how they'll use him. Line them both up and let either one take the snap would be a great move and headache for the other team. I think of Jarrett Brown.

Dana has said he wants to get the best players on the field and he firmly believes Crest is among the best on the team. I could see him working Willie in at several different times and in different formations.

While Skyler has a large lead over Crest at this time anything could happen over the next six months and maybe Crest is getting a lot or all of the snaps.

You're going to see this 3-4 times a game and it's going to have d-coordinators on their heels. Crest is going to play at QB as well but he's too talented to leave on the sideline other times.

I am envisioning the sweep where Howard hands off to Crest and he either runs or passes...if they can get some option plays perfected between Howard and Crest, this could be a very exciting combination.

I fully expect a fairly different look this fall, offensively, than we have seen wtih Dana before. Should be alot of fun.

I hope Crest is not another swing and miss at QB. Putting him at RB & at receiver on its surface feels a little gimmicky & novel. What happened with Boykin at TCU was a rarity.

But if he can help move the ball down the field and into the end zone in any capacity, then by all means.

Perhaps the question is will Crest buy into a role he didn't initially sign up for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT