ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM West Virginia basketball transfer portal tracker

For those that constantly posted during the season beating up the coaching staff because in their eyes they believed the team had talent and I constantly maintained we didn't and appreciated the coaching except for one early season game, look where the players are transferring to. And the one player going to a top program, he won't be an NBA talent. I appreciate the coaching and the few upsets we were able to get.

The players coming in are way better than the ones leaving. But the one thing I worry about is leadership on the floor and chemistry. We had very little last year and it is always a concern with transfers.

Reactions: Chefcal82
For those that constantly posted during the season beating up the coaching staff because in their eyes they believed the team had talent and I constantly maintained we didn't and appreciated the coaching except for one early season game, look where the players are transferring to. And the one player going to a top program, he won't be an NBA talent. I appreciate the coaching and the few upsets we were able to get.

The players coming in are way better than the ones leaving. But the one thing I worry about is leadership on the floor and chemistry. We had very little last year and it is always a concern with transfers.
This is kind of a selective series of statements here. Didn’t we have the number two rated transfer class last year? Is it revisionist history to ignore the number of players who exhausted eligibility when discussing only one player going to a top team? You don’t think Edwards, Quinn and Battle end up on another top program? Akok doesn’t find a home somewhere else?

I am not at all trying to disparage the coaching efforts that resulted from a crappy situation all around. I just think the team had talent and didn’t live up to the hope that some had (for many many reasons). Chemistry though and defensive effort are things that were sacrificed and, frankly, I’m not sure Huggins himself would have gotten us even 5 more wins out of that team.

I sure hope this team plays with more effort as a team next year, but chemistry will be a key, as you stated.

Edwards, Battle and Akok have used up their eligibility. Quin would have to seek a redshirt. Last years team would have looked a lot different if all those players hadn't left after the Huggins situation. Hope all last years coaches get a chance somewhere else. And, only Edwards was a top program recruit, the rest were mid major stars or role players.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN

Akron, power house of the MAC.

Way better? Based on what..a sports department hack's press release?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I answered the way better comment with the earlier comment of "look where the players are transferring to" in my statement for those that can read.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT