ADVERTISEMENT

Two Years Ago Minnesota Teenager Torches Woke School Board in 5 Minutes

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
This clip is from 2021 but began recirculating today amongst Twitter peeps. The school Taylor is referring to seems to be Rosemont High School in Minnesota.

Taylor noted he had been a part of the school district for 10 years before diving into what he, a white, male student, experienced in these schools. He explained that on the first day of class, the principal gave a "heartfelt speech" about equality and listed out a bunch of races. But he notably excluded one race. Any guesses which?

Taylor said of the incident, "To be clear, I don't need you to tell me that I matter. But hearing the condolences given to other races, and leaving just one race out, inevitably, you start to feel like you've done something wrong."

aylor described another incident where he was told writing "All Lives Matter" on the whiteboard was political and offensive. Even though there apparently were BLM signs all over the school. The school officials told him "BLM" was a human rights statement, not a political one. Mmhmm. Sure.

Then he got to the most egregious event: when Taylor asked why the school's equity statement couldn't include all races, the school told him, "Whites have a pretty good situation right now." Therefore, we can't be included. In anything. Sorry whites.

At the end of the speech, Taylor announced he was leaving the school before delivering his final mic drop moment: "I will never stop believing that everybody has value, no matter their skin color or personal beliefs. And it's a shame that you're not going to be able to say that I was an alumni of RHS District 196."

It's been nearly two years since Taylor left the school. My guess is he's doing well since he's no longer being told to hate himself every day. Which is always a plus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT