ADVERTISEMENT

Trump 17%, Jeb Bush 14% in new poll

I don't find it funny but rather quite sad that a third of our country can actually put Trump as the leading contender for the most important elected office in the world at any stage of the process. I've said it before but this is even more proof. I'm ashamed of the Baby Boomer generation that I am part of and we have done nothing but have given this country a black eye over and over and over.

I don't find it funny but rather quite sad that a third of our country can actually put Trump as the leading contender for the most important elected office in the world at any stage of the process. I've said it before but this is even more proof. I'm ashamed of the Baby Boomer generation that I am part of and we have done nothing but have given this country a black eye over and over and over.

We are a media driven society these days. That people can't see through Trump's own self-promotion amazes me.

We are a media driven society these days. That people can't see through Trump's own self-promotion amazes me.
You mean like scripted town halls with pre-approved and vetted guests? Daily press releases with acceptable talking points? Yea, not sure where these whacko supporters come from.

Reactions: Fingon
Nah, it isn't about who is running. I vote democrat cause I think Government can help people and improve everyones lives. Most conservatives vote Republican because they believe if Government got out of the way capitalism and such would do the same. And then there are the wing nuts that the GOP establishment used to be able to control but now they are pretty much the tail that wags the dog.

The national pundits are now comparing him with Michelle Bachmann. Every time the media doubts Trump, he contines to exceed their expectations and grow his campaign. I think the naysayers will fuel him.

Reactions: CarolinaReaper
I can't say I'm all that surprised. When millions of people tune in to watch the Kardashians do absolutely nothing and gripe about how hard their "jobs" are, I can't be shocked . We're a lot closer to President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho than we realize. We, the royal we, seem to care more about sound bites and twitter feeds than the substance of the candidates. Trump isn't substance, he's theater. If the Dems want to put someone up against him that would give him a really solid run for his money, nominate Jon Stewart - funny, seemingly fairly intelligent guy who has no business being the president ... but the debates would be really entertaining.

Reactions: bamaEER
I can't say I'm all that surprised. When millions of people tune in to watch the Kardashians do absolutely nothing and gripe about how hard their "jobs" are, I can't be shocked . We're a lot closer to President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho than we realize. We, the royal we, seem to care more about sound bites and twitter feeds than the substance of the candidates. Trump isn't substance, he's theater. If the Dems want to put someone up against him that would give him a really solid run for his money, nominate Jon Stewart - funny, seemingly fairly intelligent guy who has no business being the president ... but the debates would be really entertaining.
Funny, that's how I felt about the current Pres and leading DNC candidate. Neither had or have any business being elected to office of the Presidency. Nor does Trump for that matter. Obama was elected because he was black, Hillary is running on being a woman.

This vs what you saw in the community organizer/chair of Harvard Law Review? Then after 4 years of failed leadership, you reelected him??? And you want "substance" in the President?

Do you not think your argument is very, very .... ???

This vs what you saw in the community organizer/chair of Harvard Law Review? Then after 4 years of failed leadership, you reelected him??? And you want "substance" in the President?

Do you not think your argument is very, very .... ???
You always make grand assumptions about how people have voted. Your assumptions are not always good. My frustration with the politics of sound bites has been around for a long time, and I think that has kept a lot of good candidates from running for office for a long time now.

You always make grand assumptions about how people have voted. Your assumptions are not always good. My frustration with the politics of sound bites has been around for a long time, and I think that has kept a lot of good candidates from running for office for a long time now.
And you did not advise me that I made an incorrect assumption either/both time.

And you did not advise me that I made an incorrect assumption either/both time.
Honestly, my vote is my business. I also made no reference to anything in my response other than my opinion of Trump and the current state of politics in general. You somehow turned that into my endorsement of the current president. That's a BIG jump. You need to heed the old adage about what happens when you assume.

Funny, that's how I felt about the current Pres and leading DNC candidate. Neither had or have any business being elected to office of the Presidency. Nor does Trump for that matter. Obama was elected because he was black, Hillary is running on being a woman.
Hillary is a former Senator, and Sec of State. That's more experience than most who are running, Republican or Democrat.

Hillary is a former Senator, and Sec of State. That's more experience than most who are running, Republican or Democrat.
I would argue it's less. Certainly not qualifiers for President. Need to be or have been a Gov. She was jr senator and was only in office for 1 and 1/2 terms. You could argue as Sec of State she was at least in charge of the Diplomatic Corps but she wasn't exactly a successful SoS. She is running on being Bill's wife and capitalizing on his popularity coupled with being a woman. That's about it. She doesn't have any kind of record to point to.

There are a multitude of Gov's and Sr Senator/Congressmen with actual records. Even Carly Fiorina ran a large business. I agree that the Jr Senators, Rubio, as an example who aren't qualified but are looking at increasing their clout with the run for even a possible VP nod. Not endorsing, but Walker, Bush, Kasich, Perry, O'Malley, Fiorina, Jindal, and even Trump have positives to point to.

If you had been a U.S. Senator and the U.S. Secretary of State, would you put it on your resume?
Yes, if I was handed a job because of who I was acquainted with, due to having a vagina, I would list it on my resume. I think that she would be better than the last two presidents we have had, but don't think that her time as an uneventful Senator or failed Secretary of State make her presidential material.

experience at what? Using a fax machine?

Her time as a senator or SOS doesn't mean she is any more qualified than Senator BO was qualified to be president. How has her leadership in those areas, specific decisions she's made as well, qualify her to lead this country in present times? What has she led?

Do you not think your argument is very, very ....
It's early Bru...this Trump nonsense will fizz out once everyone realizes what a numbnut he is.
experience at what? Using a fax machine?

Her time as a senator or SOS doesn't mean she is any more qualified than Senator BO was qualified to be president. How has her leadership in those areas, specific decisions she's made as well, qualify her to lead this country in present times? What has she led?
You really need to spend less time worrying about the dem party and you need to really be concerned about what is going on in the GOP ranks....REALLY!

Last edited:
Who wants to step forward and list 5-10 reasons that he is unqualified. Does any other candidate have that trait and therefore should not be a candidate?
You had better hope that Jeb, Rubio, Walker or one of the other seasoned diplomats in the GOP race beats him, otherwise Hillary will crush him in the general election.

You had better hope that Jeb, Rubio, Walker or one of the other seasoned diplomats in the GOP race beats him, otherwise Hillary will crush him in the general election.

"If Trump did somehow get the republican nomination, the polls say Hillary Clinton would beat him by a 59% to 34% margin. She leads all republican candidates by double digits, so that’s not a surprise. But a gap that wide means that if Trump were the opponent, he’d be looked on so unfavorably that even a decent number of republicans would vote for Hillary just to keep him from winning."

Not me. I want the GOP to send their best candidate and give me a reason to not vote for Hillary. But that candidate has to earn my vote.
But Hillary already has? Or you plan on voting for her by deault?

"If Trump did somehow get the republican nomination, the polls say Hillary Clinton would beat him by a 59% to 34% margin. She leads all republican candidates by double digits, so that’s not a surprise. But a gap that wide means that if Trump were the opponent, he’d be looked on so unfavorably that even a decent number of republicans would vote for Hillary just to keep him from winning."
No doubt

I think that Hillary will crush anyone the Republicans run. I agree with each side on about 50% of the issues, but there is absolutely no doubt that the Democrats are far more politically savvy than the Republicans.

I think that Hillary will crush anyone the Republicans run. I agree with each side on about 50% of the issues, but there is absolutely no doubt that the Democrats are far more politically savvy than the Republicans.
I've thought this for a long time as well. However, if a charismatic Scott Walker or Rubio can sway some voters.....maybe, just maybe....

Trump on the other hand is a diplomatic knuckle dragger. Hillary will eat him alive.....

You really need to spend less time worrying about the dem party and you need to really be concerned about what is going on in the GOP ranks....REALLY!

I didn't think, nor intend, my response to the writer of the post as time spent worrying about the dem party. I certainly doubt I generate any concern of the GOP as well. I was purely commenting on leadership and not partisanship. There is a mistake made if anyone judges me as partisan or anxious.

I've thought this for a long time as well. However, if a charismatic Scott Walker or Rubio can sway some voters.....maybe, just maybe....

Trump on the other hand is a diplomatic knuckle dragger. Hillary will eat him alive.....

Hillary would definitely lose on points in a debate, but Trump would come across as a mean bully and she'd get sympathy from it.

That sounds like a worthy cause to disqualify him. Little bit harder to say why?

That too -not 3 - is a very solid reason to eliminate him.

Hillary would definitely lose on points in a debate, but Trump would come across as a mean bully and she'd get sympathy from it.
You are out of your mind with that opinion. Trump does nothing but throw personal insults, innuendo and unfounded half-truth bombs while supplying nothing more than ridiculous inactionable ideas on the issues. No wonder so many on this board likes him as a candidate. It is exactly what you see from the whackos on this board.

You are out of your mind with that opinion. Trump does nothing but throw personal insults, innuendo and unfounded half-truth bombs while supplying nothing more than ridiculous inactionable ideas on the issues. No wonder so many on this board likes him as a candidate. It is exactly what you see from the whackos on this board.
Sweating?

Trump has yet to spend a cent on advertising and he is #1/#2 in the GOP polls. The old red guard and big time Liberal media appear to be afraid of what he can do on the debate stage in August. If he knocks it out of the park he will become a legitimate threat

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT