ADVERTISEMENT

Today will mark the beginning

of one of the darkest periods in US history.
Ha! Yes a real tragedy that gay marriage thing is. What will this country do? I really don't give two chits about gay marriage. If gays want to get married and enjoy the benefits (and misery as the case may be) that all the rest of us have, more power to them. But what makes me happiest about this Supreme Court ruling is your reaction and the reaction of the bible thumpers everywhere. Love seeing you folks in a tizzy. [banana]

Reactions: countryroads89
Damn, that's some serious stuff. Are you going to leave us hanging after a setup like that?

Just to be contrarian, and also because I think you're wrong, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that today will not mark the beginning of one of the darkest periods in US history.

ETA: Oh, the gay marriage thing is why you said that? I thought maybe there was some terrorist thing going on that I hadn't heard of. The US will have a dark period because more gay people are going to get married? I'd say that's pretty unlikely.

Damn, that's some serious stuff. Are you going to leave us hanging after a setup like that?

Just to be contrarian, and also because I think you're wrong, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that today will not mark the beginning of one of the darkest periods in US history.
Supreme ruled gay marriage is legal everywhere. Truly are dark day. I think I may close the office. [roll]

HAHAHAHAHA. Making gay marriage legal the beginning of a dark period in American history, hahahahaha. Yes, this is worse than the economic collapse of 2008.

Can't wait to listen to Bryan Fischers head exploding on AFA Radio today after work!

Whats the big deal? I could care less about who marries who. Can someone who opposes gay marriage refuse to marry gays? Can a imam sign a wedding contract between two Chriatians,Jews or non Muslims? I would think there will be confusion about who legally can perform weddings or refuse to officiate.

10984501_10153469234544255_7576488785518705977_n.jpg

Reactions: RichardPeterJohnson
Whats the big deal? I could care less about who marries who. Can someone who opposes gay marriage refuse to marry gays? Can a imam sign a wedding contract between two Chriatians,Jews or non Muslims? I would think there will be confusion about who legally can perform weddings or refuse to officiate.

Why will there be confusion? Catholic priests are currently not required to perform marriages for other faiths. Same with rabbis and protestant ministers of every denomination.

The gay marriage issue does not resonate with me as it does with most as the dark days started WITHOUT gay marriage ............ and truthfully, I'm looking quite forward to them. What an absolutely amazing time to be alive.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

They could hardly have come to a different decision, dang that pesky 14th Amendment. But I think the challengers were looking at the wrong law - the problem has always been not that the state decides who gets a marriage license or not, but the requirement that two people be "married" before the state recognizes their right to make certain personal decisions, especially regarding medical procedures, property ownership, taxation, and on and on. I've felt for years that it's not the state's business who someone should be able designate as their next-of-kin or to make decisions on their behalf if they're incapacitated. But here we are.

Nope. Next comes gays attempting to get married in churches they know won't, and taking it to the courts, and win. That'll come to fruition in 2-5 years.

Yup, the only place where racists and bigots can gather so they can spread their hate: churches like THE attends.

Reactions: RichardPeterJohnson
Nope. Next comes gays attempting to get married in churches they know won't, and taking it to the courts, and win. That'll come to fruition in 2-5 years.

Considering that the state doesn't make churches marry people they don't want to marry now, why would the state make churches marry gay people they didn't want to marry? Why will this one class of people be an exception?

ETA: Can you name ANYONE that a church is forced to marry if they don't want to?

don't think so. It's one thing to say it is constitutional, but the beliefs of a church will be protected when regarding the activities of that church.

don't think so. It's one thing to say it is constitutional, but the beliefs of a church will be protected when regarding the activities of that church.

I have no doubt, based on opinions such as Bru's.

Here is my problem with bible-thumping hypocrites like THE. Christianity which THE claims he follows means love an openness to all. Even your enemies. Following Christ means even loving those that put him to his death. Didn't JC prove that? Didn't JC prove his love to Judas? Didn't he prove his love to Peter?

I don't claim to be a Christian expert because I am not. But I do attend a church regularly my entire life and I attempt to pay attention and learn from the teachings and guide my life around them. But hypocrites that claim they are Christians and then out of the other side of their mouths make statements that they are not willing to love thy neighbor or follow the teachings make me absolutely sick. But THE has plenty of company.

Reactions: DvlDog4WVU
Why will there be confusion? Catholic priests are currently not required to perform marriages for other faiths. Same with rabbis and protestant ministers of every denomination.

Your response did not address gay marriages. Will Catholic priests and leaders of other religions who do not honor gay marriages be forced to perform them? Do bakers who don't believe in gay weddings be forced bake a wedding cake for them? Looks like a slippery slope for individual rights and the law. Has the fact that Catholic priests don't perform non Catholic weddings ever been challenged in court?

Reactions: DvlDog4WVU

I would agree that church's should be able to make decisions and I would agree there will be some that will sue those churches. I just hope reasonable people will realize those that attempt to exclude and divide because they are judgmental will call out these hypocrites for who they are. Because they are not following the teaching of JC.

LOL!!!! Gonna be a lot of soiled Underoos when it's all said and done.

Something about men's hearts failing them for fear.

Luckily, I go Commando.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

Because they are not following the teaching of JC.

By mentioning "JC", I assume you are referring only to Christian churches. I also assume you know we have many other religions in this country. Do you really believe that those other religions harbor zero "hypocrites"?

By mentioning "JC", I assume you are referring only to Christian churches. I also assume you know we have many other religions in this country. Do you really believe that those other religions harbor zero "hypocrites"?

No. Never said I did or implied it. My problem with my comments in this thread is with fake Christians that spew hate. Try to keep up, junior.

Here is my problem with bible-thumping hypocrites like THE. Christianity which THE claims he follows means love an openness to all. Even your enemies. Following Christ means even loving those that put him to his death. Didn't JC prove that? Didn't JC prove his love to Judas? Didn't he prove his love to Peter?

I don't claim to be a Christian expert because I am not. But I do attend a church regularly my entire life and I attempt to pay attention and learn from the teachings and guide my life around them. But hypocrites that claim they are Christians and then out of the other side of their mouths make statements that they are not willing to love thy neighbor or follow the teachings make me absolutely sick. But THE has plenty of company.

See you can't even separate my arguments about homosexuality being a sin (barely even brought up), and government redefining marriage, and hijacking a religious institution(a huge issue).

Your mind is so simplistic in this issue that you cannot fathom that the two issues are completely unique and not related.

Keep spewing your nonsense.

Your fudies problems started when you morons decided to become involved in politics from the pulpit. You couldn't leave well enough alone and concentrate on saving souls, helping the poor, and having Bible school. You had to use politics to force your beliefs on everyone else. Well, 35 years later, you guys have gotten no where. Abortion is still legal (and we all know that was the catalyst for the "family values movement), evolution is still taught as science in schools, no organized prayers are said in public schools, and now, as of today, gays can marry in any state in the US. This despite the fact that this court is dominated by GOP appointed justices. After Hillary wins, I see 2-3 more justices appointed who will replace the mute and the whop. No offense to my Italian friends-I'm on a roll. You guys need to go back to saving souls and having pot luck dinners.

Your fudies problems started when you morons decided to become involved in politics from the pulpit. You couldn't leave well enough alone and concentrate on saving souls, helping the poor, and having Bible school. You had to use politics to force your beliefs on everyone else. Well, 35 years later, you guys have gotten no where. Abortion is still legal (and we all know that was the catalyst for the "family values movement), evolution is still taught as science in schools, no organized prayers are said in public schools, and now, as of today, gays can marry in any state in the US. This despite the fact that this court is dominated by GOP appointed justices. After Hillary wins, I see 2-3 more justices appointed who will replace the mute and the whop. No offense to my Italian friends-I'm on a roll. You guys need to go back to saving souls and having pot luck dinners.

Quite the generalizations. I have never done any of that.

You essentially acknowledge being an Atheist but you're gonna give everybody a lecture on Jesus?

How quaint.

In related news, I'm teaching breakdancing classes in upstate Vermont.

See you can't even separate my arguments about homosexuality being a sin (barely even brought up), and government redefining marriage, and hijacking a religious institution(a huge issue).

Your mind is so simplistic in this issue that you cannot fathom that the two issues are completely unique and not related.

Keep spewing your nonsense.

Did JC not show love to sinners? (making the assumption that you have made that homosexuality is a sin) So, should you and your church not also show love to sinners instead of hate?

You are too damn dumb and wrapped up in labels that you don't even know when you are being hypocritical. Here is a hint. It is all the time.

No. Never said I did or implied it. My problem with my comments in this thread is with fake Christians that spew hate. Try to keep up, junior.

You make no sense. You said you never said or implied it. Your next sentence says;is with fake Christians that spew hate. You also did not answer the question. Maybe you got so wrapped up in "labeling" that you confused yourself.

Last edited:
You essentially acknowledge being an Atheist but you're gonna give everybody a lecture on Jesus?

How quaint.

In related news, I'm teaching breakdancing classes in upstate Vermont.

I think you are confused. I never lectured anyone about Jesus.

How do you know this? I can guarantee that lawsuit after lawsuit will be brought against churches that refuse to marry gays or lawsuits brought against Christian colleges for not providing housing for gay couples. Its only a matter of time. And the disesenting justices made this same point. BTW, large churches can afford to fight it in court, small churches will have to succomb.

I think you are confused. I never lectured anyone about Jesus.

No, the simpleton before you did.

What would an Atheist know about Jesus? Jesus certainly does not know a thing about them.

Bible lessons from a an Atheist. LOL!! Everybody may as well let Edward Scissorhands handle their family's next circumcision.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Did JC not show love to sinners? (making the assumption that you have made that homosexuality is a sin) So, should you and your church not also show love to sinners instead of hate?

You are too damn dumb and wrapped up in labels that you don't even know when you are being hypocritical. Here is a hint. It is all the time.

First, never shortcut my Savior's name to an acronym, or call Him some other blasphemous name.

Second, there is no assumption. Any sexual activity (or thought) outside of marriage is a sin. Marriage is between on man, and one woman.

Third, it is not hate to name the sins. This life is temporary, and if sinners are not aware of their transgressions, they'll never look to the Savior. It is love to do such.

Finally, I don't shout to the world what I do out of love for my neighbor. I haven't before, I don't now, and I won't in the future. If you don't know, you shouldn't comment.

How do you know this? I can guarantee that lawsuit after lawsuit will be brought against churches that refuse to marry gays or lawsuits brought against Christian colleges for not providing housing for gay couples. Its only a matter of time. And the disesenting justices made this same point. BTW, large churches can afford to fight it in court, small churches will have to succomb.

Are any churches forced to marry people they don't want to marry now? No. So why would that change with this ruling? It won't.

You truly a piece of work and a bigot. Why have so much hate? Were you abused as a child?

ADVERTISEMENT