ADVERTISEMENT

This letter was sent to this fraud 2 years ago. Woman is probably homeless by now.

robEERt

All-Conference
Nov 12, 2003
No Thank You

obama-banner-600x200.jpg

Claim: Letter to President Obama posted on Facebook thanks him for being 'selfish' and taking lavish vacations.

Dear President Obama,

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all you have done and are doing. You see I am a single Mom located in the very small town of Palmer, Texas. I live in a small rental house with my two children. I drive an older car that I pray daily runs just a little longer. I work at a mediocre job bringing home a much lower paycheck than you or your wife could even imagine living on. I have a lot of concerns about the new "Obamacare" along with the taxes being forced on us Americans and debts your are adding to our country. I have a few questions for you Mr. President.

Have you ever struggled to pay your bills? I have.

Have you ever sat and watched your children eat and you eat what was left on their

plates when they were done, because there wasn't enough for you to eat to? I have.

Have you ever had to rob Peter to pay Paul, and it still not be enough? I have.

Have you ever been so sick that you needed to see a doctor and get medicine, but had no health insurance because it was to expensive? I have.

Have you ever had to tell your children no, when they asked for something they needed? I have.

Have you ever patched holes in pants, glued shoes, replaced zippers, because it was cheaper than buying new? I have. Have you ever had to put an item or two back at the grocery store, because you didn't have enough money? I have.

Have you ever cried yourself to sleep, because you had no clue how you were going to make ends meet? I have.

My questions could go on and on. I don't believe you have a clue what Americans are actually going through and honestly, I don't believe you care. Not everyone lives extravagantly. While your family takes expensive trips that cost more than most of us make in two-four years, there are so many of us that suffer. Yet, you are doing all you can to add to the suffering. I think you are a very selfish and cold hearted man, who does not care what is best for the people he was elected by (not by me) to represent, but more so out for the glory of your name attached to history. So thank you Mr. President, thank you for pushing those of us that are barely staying afloat completely under water and driving America into the ground. You have made your mark in history, as the absolute worst and most hated president of the United States. God have mercy on your soul!

No Thank You

obama-banner-600x200.jpg

Claim: Letter to President Obama posted on Facebook thanks him for being 'selfish' and taking lavish vacations.

Dear President Obama,

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all you have done and are doing. You see I am a single Mom located in the very small town of Palmer, Texas. I live in a small rental house with my two children. I drive an older car that I pray daily runs just a little longer. I work at a mediocre job bringing home a much lower paycheck than you or your wife could even imagine living on. I have a lot of concerns about the new "Obamacare" along with the taxes being forced on us Americans and debts your are adding to our country. I have a few questions for you Mr. President.

Have you ever sat and watched your children eat and you eat what was left on their

plates when they were done, because there wasn't enough for you to eat to? I have.

Have you ever been so sick that you needed to see a doctor and get medicine, but had no health insurance because it was to expensive? I have.

Have you ever had to tell your children no, when they asked for something they needed? I have.

Have you ever patched holes in pants, glued shoes, replaced zippers, because it was cheaper than buying new? I have. Have you ever had to put an item or two back at the grocery store, because you didn't have enough money? I have.

Have you ever cried yourself to sleep, because you had no clue how you were going to make ends meet? I have.

My questions could go on and on. I don't believe you have a clue what Americans are actually going through and honestly, I don't believe you care. Not everyone lives extravagantly. While your family takes expensive trips that cost more than most of us make in two-four years, there are so many of us that suffer. Yet, you are doing all you can to add to the suffering. I think you are a very selfish and cold hearted man, who does not care what is best for the people he was elected by (not by me) to represent, but more so out for the glory of your name attached to history. So thank you Mr. President, thank you for pushing those of us that are barely staying afloat completely under water and driving America into the ground. You have made your mark in history, as the absolute worst and most hated president of the United States. God have mercy on your soul!

Could she, or anybody like her, not have written that letter to ANY president? I'm not saying she didn't write it to him, but it could apply to any of them at any time from anybody.

And what exactly is the point you're trying to make? Things would be better for her if there was a Republican president? We could go down her list of complaints and identify the social program designed to try to help her with these things, and they are all the things that Republicans gripe and complain about all the time.

On the one hand she complains about Obamacare, but then turns around and complains about not having affordable health insurance. The ACA is designed precisely for people like her.

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is actually doing her a favor (and ALL Americans a favor). Obama has actually taken less vacation time than Bush (43). Nice try.

3rodwe.jpg

No Thank You

obama-banner-600x200.jpg

Dear President Obama,

yawn.jpg

Single Mom? Where's the father? Where's his financial support? If he's a deadbeat that isn't supporting his kids then why are you procreating with a deadbeat?

Reactions: countryroads89
Could she, or anybody like her, not have written that letter to ANY president? I'm not saying she didn't write it to him, but it could apply to any of them at any time from anybody.

And what exactly is the point you're trying to make? Things would be better for her if there was a Republican president? We could go down her list of complaints and identify the social program designed to try to help her with these things, and they are all the things that Republicans gripe and complain about all the time.

On the one hand she complains about Obamacare, but then turns around and complains about not having affordable health insurance. The ACA is designed precisely for people like her.

The aca is designed in theory to help her but in reality it just costs more money.

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is actually doing her a favor (and ALL Americans a favor). Obama has actually taken less vacation time than Bush (43). Nice try.

3rodwe.jpg
Apparently the ACA is desigbed to make idiots believe what they are told by their government because that seems to be working.

ACA is shit and isn't lowering costs a cent.

5q8z79.jpg
I don't think it was sold as lowering costs - only that it would help slow the inflation of costs. I've seen analyses that support that claim, as compared to the inflation prior to the enactment. That's a hard sell though, because we don't have enough data over the long term, and all of the provisions (especially penalties) aren't fully in place yet. You also can make the argument that we have no idea what the inflation rate would have necessarily been without ACA.

I'll say this about ACA. The theory has merit - if everyone has insurance, then the costs have better controls on both the insurance and provider side. Insurers can spread the risk across a much larger pool, and the average cost goes down per insured. The providers eat less in lost payments because the insurance companies cover at least some basic costs - no one is filing bankruptcy because Junior got very ill and the bills were more than they could ever pay. The THEORY is good. The execution (no, not death panels) is where that has to play out. And, in order to pull this off, you can either go with single payer (government is the insurance company - killing the market for private companies) or what ACA is attempting to do - government subsidy of private insurance for those who cannot afford insurance on their own.

Here's what we do know. Costs were high and increasing at a pretty good clip on both the insurance and care sides for a long time prior to ACA. Something had to happen. I don't know that ACA is the best solution - it's probably not. I do think it's a workable solution, and one that will likely have to go through more than a few tweaks.

You all do understand that many people in this country either 1) had no health insurance at all or 2) were under-insured prior to the ACA? So these people went to the ER for treatment because many doctors would not see or treat them. The ER could not deny service. These people in turn did not pay their bills and the hospitals "ate" the cost. Well, who really pays for those costs? You and I who have insurance and seek medical treatment from these same hospitals are the ones that actually end up paying for those costs.

So, two of the main premises for the ACA were to 1) eliminate the non insured or under-insured (because it costs everyone else in the long run) and 2) if more people are actually purchasing/carrying health insurance, the cost per subscriber will lower (maybe only slightly, but it will lower). As mule pointed out, the ACA hasn't been in existence long enough and people are still being added to the insurance roll every day to determine if the overall cost of insurance will decline. I'm sure you can find some people that will say their insurance cost went down and you can find some people that will say theirs went up. You really have to look at these individual plans, what they are purchasing and receiving.

When people like to say Obama lied about keeping your insurance, they are only telling a half truth. What was really meant was, if you like your insurance (and you meet the minimum requirements of coverage) you can keep your insurance. The administration should have done a better job of clearing this up.

And let's not all forget three of the biggest benefits of the ACA, which people from BOTH sides of the aisle will agree (and if you don't, you're a lying fool playing partisan politics): 1) you can't be denied health insurance coverage because of a pre-existing condition (if you know anyone who has had cancer and tried to get health insurance, you know this was a God-send for them), 2) you can't be denied benefits because you have reached a catastrophic limit and 3) children can remain on their parents' plans until they reach age 25.

) you can't be denied health insurance coverage because of a pre-existing condition (if you know anyone who has had cancer and tried to get health insurance, you know this was a God-send for them),

That is a good thing, HOWEVER West Virginia ALREADY had AccessWV which allowed for preexisting AND it was MUCH,MUCH cheaper then the FORCED ACA plans that replaced it. I know this from personal experience because my wife was denied because of a preexisting by AARP plans of all people. Luckily the WV Insurance Commissioner told us about AccessWV. By the way, that favorite Liberal mouthpiece, the AARP also turned me down when I had to purchase my own insurance.

These people in turn did not pay their bills and the hospitals "ate" the cost. Well, who really pays for those costs?

A friend once told me that Ruby got about $25M/year from the government because of unpaid medical bills. That's just one hospital in one state. Extrapolate that.

When people like to say Obama lied about keeping your insurance, they are only telling a half truth.

So you are saying Obama only told a half lie? Are you in the Insurance business or someone who has had to purchase you own insurance recently.

So you are saying Obama only told a half lie? Are you in the Insurance business or someone who has had to purchase you own insurance recently.

I'm saying Obama should have cleared this up from day one, he should have told everyone "if you like your insurance AND you meet the minimum requirements, you can keep your insurance". I'm not in the insurance business. I do have a cousin that is self employed and had cancer. He reached a catastrophic limit and was dropped. The WVAccess thing didn't work for him. He had the option to purchase insurance for $3,000 a month. That was practically everything he earned. What kind of a choice is that? You're right, the ACA hasn't solved all the problems, but it's a start.

I am not either of those people, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Before the ACA was signed into law, I went to a conference thing for small businesses. Part of that conference consisted of several different little break-out sessions where experts about one thing or another gave a presentation. One of them I went to was an hour or more and it was representatives from insurance companies talking about the ACA and specifically its impact on small businesses. Things like only having to comply if you have 50 or more full time equivalents, etc. One of the things they specifically mentioned was that if you were already offering insurance to your employees that really nothing would change.

Clearly something changed from that point to when it was signed into law. I don't know specifically when Obama made that statement, but there had to have been a lot of things that got changed during the drafting of the bill. That's how they go.

I liked GHWB and voted for him over Clinton, so I'm not picking on him:
"Read my lips, no new taxes"
"I'm not sure that we ARE in a recession"

People say things and then circumstances change. It doesn't mean they lied when they said them.

You're right, the ACA hasn't solved all the problems, but it's a start.

It's important to remember that the ACA is a pretty significant overhaul of a very large and complex system. For people to expect it to be perfect right out of the gate is pretty unreasonable.

They all prefer the Republican plan, I think it is written on the back of their immigration plan! lol

ADVERTISEMENT