ADVERTISEMENT

This is the herds favorite time of year......

Beating No. 1 and No. 2 would have more meaning, if the teams ranked so highly months ago were truly the two best teams in the Country, but as usual, the NCAA Tournament exposed the Big 12 to be the most overrated conference in America.

That's correct. Specific date had to be filled, and that team needed to come to Huntington. Teams are aware of WVU's less than stellar mark in H-Town, and likely powdered out, just like Huggs.

The turd lost at home by 23 points to a team that went 15-17.

We play mid-majors on OUR terms, terms that benefit the school's coffers, and the fan base.... period. Your reward is we're giving you a shot at the title. Just like boxing. A contender doesn't demand from the champ. A contender is grateful for the shot.

We play mid-majors on OUR terms, terms that benefit the school's coffers, and the fan base.... period. Your reward is we're giving you a shot at the title. Just like boxing. A contender doesn't demand from the champ. A contender is grateful for the shot.
You mean mid majors like NKU?

At least NKU qualified for the Big Dance this year, something Moo U hasn't managed since Reagan was President. We are in position to play WHO we want, WHERE we want when it comes to scheduling mid majors, and Marshall is no longer on the list since the "D'Antoni Doctrine" was blurted out.

There are intangible things involved with scheduling certain teams... Sometimes it's a favor to a player or an opposing coach, other times it's a specific area where a team wants exposure or to recruit. Sometimes it's about where it falls on the schedule (Teams like NKU will rearrange everything to put WVU on their docket. MU acts like WVU should rearrange to be on theirs) After their treatment, WVU owes no favors to MU, nor do any players want the game as a favor (close to parents, etc). WVU is just fine without MU on the schedule in either sport. We get plenty of coverage, play plenty of quality opponents, and are receiving nice income. MU needs to worry about MU and stop bugging WVU.

There are intangible things involved with scheduling certain teams... Sometimes it's a favor to a player or an opposing coach, other times it's a specific area where a team wants exposure or to recruit. Sometimes it's about where it falls on the schedule (Teams like NKU will rearrange everything to put WVU on their docket. MU acts like WVU should rearrange to be on theirs) After their treatment, WVU owes no favors to MU, nor do any players want the game as a favor (close to parents, etc). WVU is just fine without MU on the schedule in either sport. We get plenty of coverage, play plenty of quality opponents, and are receiving nice income. MU needs to worry about MU and stop bugging WVU.
Either one of us "owes" the other anything but at some level sports are about entertainment....more people in the Mountain state are interested in WVU-MU than WVU-WCU.

No, only people vested in WVU's party line who shake at the prospect of a Mountie loss to MU don't want the game. But that's a small percentage of folks who live in WV.

I'd say only a small percentage of people in WV actually care, and most of the ones who do are Marshall fans.

I'd say only a small percentage of people in WV actually care, and most of the ones who do are Marshall fans.
You may be right, but I would add there's an overwhelmingly large percentage of people in WV that are actually scared, and most of them seem as those they post on this forum.

Just out of curiosity, exactly how many top programs have ever played Marshall in Huntington ? I guess they are all afraid too.

Either one of us "owes" the other anything but at some level sports are about entertainment....more people in the Mountain state are interested in WVU-MU than WVU-WCU.
entertainment for Mountaineer fans....agony for all 17 herd fans...you guys would be better off sticking pins in your eyes for a couple of hours and save the price of a ticket....same amount of pain:football::basketball::baseball::golf:[WVU].....we[poop] and[sick]on marshal

Reactions: Motown Mounty
Define " Top Programs".

I'm talking programs that are nationally recognized. Teams that regularly are ranked in the polls. Teams that get into the NCAA tournament more often than once every three decades, but you already knew what I meant. You don't get many top programs to visit Huntington and it's not because anyone is afraid to play there.

I'm talking programs that are nationally recognized. Teams that regularly are ranked in the polls. Teams that get into the NCAA tournament more often than once every three decades, but you already knew what I meant. You don't get many top programs to visit Huntington and it's not because anyone is afraid to play there.
Oh, so you're referring to the likes of Louisville, Va Tech, K-State, Navy, Pitt, etc. They must not be afraid.

That's nebulous definition at best....but this years Final Four I remember USC invading Huntington when I was a student at MU, 'cocks rolled out with a 30 point loss.

Oh, so you're referring to the likes of Louisville, Va Tech, K-State, Navy, Pitt, etc. They must not be afraid.

Louisville played one game in Huntington three decades ago, and Marshall has never won a game against Louisville in 6 attempts. VT last played there a decade ago. K State visited Huntington once over two decades ago. Pitt played one game in Huntington 25 years ago..............and since when was Navy considered one of the top basketball programs ?

That's nebulous definition at best....but this years Final Four I remember USC invading Huntington when I was a student at MU, 'cocks rolled out with a 30 point loss.

That was almost 38 years ago.......you're telling your age ole boy. On the plus side your AARP card will get you discounts at thousand of locations !

That was almost 38 years ago.......you're telling your age ole boy. On the plus side your AARP card will get you discounts at thousand of locations !
Discount comes in handy...but you used the word " ever", ever and never tend to be words that encompass a great deal of time.

Discount comes in handy...but you used the word " ever", ever and never tend to be words that encompass a great deal of time.

I already knew the answer before I posed the question, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up.

Like I said, times have changed and Elvis is dead. You won't find the Cocks rolling into Huntington anytime soon. Not because of "fear"..... but because, if you guys are going to play, it's gonna be in Columbia.... You guys could have left well enough alone in both sports, but you got out over your skis and forgot where you were in the pecking order of college athletics. Started acting like you were the Seminoles or something. We just smiled, shook our heads, and said 'good luck with all that'....

No, only people vested in WVU's party line who shake at the prospect of a Mountie loss to MU don't want the game. But that's a small percentage of folks who live in WV.

We set a record for attendance this year, without having Marshall on the schedule ... people in the state are interested in WVU regardless of who they are playing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT