ADVERTISEMENT

The Wheels are Coming Off

They don't have a unified party anymore. And Cruz called Mitch a liar on Friday. If you can't run a party how you gonna run a country? America is more than the GOP base can handle.

They don't have a unified party anymore. And Cruz called Mitch a liar on Friday. If you can't run a party how you gonna run a country? America is more than the GOP base can handle.
Why did Cruz call Mitch a liar? Why did the world call Harry a liar? I know that house is supposed to be civil, but at what cost. I also thought they were to be gentlemen and respectful. Add Boxer and Hillary and a few more Dem Senators from Ill and NY and it all goes out the window and become the smaller version of the House.

Why did Cruz call Mitch a liar? Why did the world call Harry a liar? I know that house is supposed to be civil, but at what cost. I also thought they were to be gentlemen and respectful. Add Boxer and Hillary and a few more Dem Senators from Ill and NY and it all goes out the window and become the smaller version of the House.
If you want my honest opinion of why Cruz called Mitch a liar, it's because it would get him in the news. It displaced whatever Trump was doing at the time, and that was Cruz's strategy. These people are supposed to be professionals. Is that how people would handle that sort of disagreement in the office? It's not how I would handle it.

If you want my honest opinion of why Cruz called Mitch a liar, it's because it would get him in the news. It displaced whatever Trump was doing at the time, and that was Cruz's strategy. These people are supposed to be professionals. Is that how people would handle that sort of disagreement in the office? It's not how I would handle it.
Yes, I have certainly heard that offered, but I prefer to take him at his word. Truly think they should be gentle, but if I had been a Senator along with Harry Reid, we would have had to be physically restrained daily. Harry would make a great addition to this board and he would be the champion of all trolls.

Yes, I have certainly heard that offered, but I prefer to take him at his word.
I think that probably is based on our respective opinions about the man. I tend to think of Cruz as a showman first. I do think he's an intelligent person, but I also think he has an agenda that is at least as much about advancing his career as it is about advancing any ideas.

I will add, I don't think I could work in politics. I think the primary reason is that I like to solve problems - too much of politics is standing on a pedestal and screaming about problems, real or perceived, without considering what the solutions might be. I'm fairly patient, but I do have a limit just like everyone else.

Reactions: anon_wmtf4fnegrxmp
how is this a problem for the left or the country? Those advocating the left here shouldn't complain about the broken GOP (not saying you are) but rather rejoice in more leftward control of the country's policy making.

is the left broken too, in any form, and if so, where?
It's in the country's best interests to have two strong parties. We need a viable option from the GOP that we don't currently have. They have lost their collective minds. They vowed from day 1 of Obama to make him a one termer. Fail. They have obstructed everything he has done. They obstruct things they actually like because they don't want him getting credit. They'd rather the country suffer than give him any victories. Back in the Reagan days, Democrats worked with him because he won the election. He had capital. Not with today's GOP. They'll bite their noses off to spite their faces. They are sick and are what is wrong with this country. The party of NO COMPROMISE. Guess what, governing is all about compromise. Unless you're a dictator.

It's in the country's best interests to have two strong parties. We need a viable option from the GOP that we don't currently have. They have lost their collective minds. They vowed from day 1 of Obama to make him a one termer. Fail. They have obstructed everything he has done. They obstruct things they actually like because they don't want him getting credit. They'd rather the country suffer than give him any victories. Back in the Reagan days, Democrats worked with him because he won the election. He had capital. Not with today's GOP. They'll bite their noses off to spite their faces. They are sick and are what is wrong with this country. The party of NO COMPROMISE. Guess what, governing is all about compromise. Unless you're a dictator.
Governing is about compromise? "Elections have consequences" sounds like someone set the tone out of the gate, wasn't the GOP.

Compromise means a steady move farther to the left. It's been all give and no take for too many years already. Look at the mess the country is in without all of Obama's policies in place.

se
Compromise means a steady move farther to the left. It's been all give and no take for too many years already. Look at the mess the country is in without all of Obama's policies in place.
See...no compromise from the base. It's a helluva way to govern. Nothing gets done. Like a bunch of children that GOP base.

I think that probably is based on our respective opinions about the man. I tend to think of Cruz as a showman first. I do think he's an intelligent person, but I also think he has an agenda that is at least as much about advancing his career as it is about advancing any ideas.

I will add, I don't think I could work in politics. I think the primary reason is that I like to solve problems - too much of politics is standing on a pedestal and screaming about problems, real or perceived, without considering what the solutions might be. I'm fairly patient, but I do have a limit just like everyone else.
A politician with an agenda is what you oppose. I am trying, unsuccessfully, to think of one without an agenda. Don't you think that even Mr. Smith had an agenda? Plank or agenda, we should know what they stand for. Cruz doesn't have much problem telling where he is coming from. You don't have to agree or disagree, but he is going to tell us. Not sure I like him, but he is the Straight Talk Express that McCain said he was. I do appreciate a man of his word. The man's word should still be his bond, IMO.

http://time.com/3976178/john-boehner-speaker-mark-meadows/

GOP is broken. Trump is priceless. I hear he would consider a spot in his administration for Palin. The truth is stranger than fiction.
When you consider the first clown Obama put in charge of the EPA, even Palin would be a huge step up.
se

See...no compromise from the base. It's a helluva way to govern. Nothing gets done. Like a bunch of children that GOP base.
As if the democrats act like adults.

A politician with an agenda is what you oppose. I am trying, unsuccessfully, to think of one without an agenda. Don't you think that even Mr. Smith had an agenda? Plank or agenda, we should know what they stand for. Cruz doesn't have much problem telling where he is coming from. You don't have to agree or disagree, but he is going to tell us. Not sure I like him, but he is the Straight Talk Express that McCain said he was. I do appreciate a man of his word. The man's word should still be his bond, IMO.
I think most politicians have agendas, but my point was that I think Cruz's agenda is mostly about what is best for Cruz. Maybe I'm not being fair to him. I also think that he will gladly tell you his opinion loudly, but I don't necessarily equate that with "straight talk". I've known a lot of folks who endeavor to be the loudest voice in the room, but that doesn't mean that they should always be speaking. That's how I view too many politicians today - Trump and Cruz are right up there right now.

It's possible that I took my father's advice too much to heart - if you measure your words, people will value what you have to say.

I think most politicians have agendas, but my point was that I think Cruz's agenda is mostly about what is best for Cruz. Maybe I'm not being fair to him. I also think that he will gladly tell you his opinion loudly, but I don't necessarily equate that with "straight talk". I've known a lot of folks who endeavor to be the loudest voice in the room, but that doesn't mean that they should always be speaking. That's how I view too many politicians today - Trump and Cruz are right up there right now.

It's possible that I took my father's advice too much to heart - if you measure your words, people will value what you have to say.
I would have to say that you have probably heard the messages differently from me. Trump has probably responded in kind with a little extra and unnecessary vernacular for my taste. But we have to keep in mind that these are comments coming from him and not some totally detached speech writer who has taken thoughts and scrubbed them many times to project the tone that they think will be acceptable.

So Hillary is altruistic? The destruction of her hard drive was magnanimous? Cruz is a novice compared to her.

So Hillary is altruistic? The destruction of her hard drive was magnanimous? Cruz is a novice compared to her.
My dislike of Cruz and Trump as candidates does not mean that I am endorsing Hillary. 16 or 17 other folks are seeking their respective nominations.

Lol, Proof is in the pudding, they have the Senate and the House and still can't get sh*t done without the Democratic minority saving the GOP establishment in the end. They would rather have nothing than get half a loaf of what they want because they are scared to death of the idiotic base that Fox news and the Southern strategy has presented them. Elections have consequences but only if you have a party that can actually use the tools provided in our system to govern. Today the GOP just fights among themselves to see who is the most "pure" and it just has them spinning their wheels.

Lol, Proof is in the pudding, they have the Senate and the House and still can't get sh*t done without the Democratic minority saving the GOP establishment in the end. They would rather have nothing than get half a loaf of what they want because they are scared to death of the idiotic base that Fox news and the Southern strategy has presented them. Elections have consequences but only if you have a party that can actually use the tools provided in our system to govern. Today the GOP just fights among themselves to see who is the most "pure" and it just has them spinning their wheels.
The same could have been said when the Dems owned both houses.

Today there is ZERO leadership in Washington and ZERO attempt to bring sides together.

The same could have been said when the Dems owned both houses.

Today there is ZERO leadership in Washington and ZERO attempt to bring sides together.
Oh I think the Democrats have accomplished a few things since Obama was first elected, judging by their unpopularity on the right! But what has the GOP really EVER delivered to social conservatives but lip service?

Oh I think the Democrats have accomplished a few things since Obama was first elected, judging by their unpopularity on the right! But what has the GOP really EVER delivered to social conservatives but lip service?
Care to define/describe "social conservatives", please? What are the things that were not delivered that should have been delivered?

Who are the Repub Congressmen fighting to be "most pure".

and ZERO attempt to bring sides together.

This is my biggest issue with both Trump and Hilary. (ok, maybe not biggest, I have a lot of issues with both). In all honesty, even though I don't agree with Trump, it's almost refreshing to have somebody that doesn't give a shit what he says or how it comes out or who it might offend. That begins and ends with the campaign though. I don't think there's any way in hell that Trump is going to bring the sides together. There's no way in hell that Hilary is going to do that either. If you think the GOP has been stonewalling Obama, just imagine how much worse it would be with Hilary. Plus she's probably the least trustworthy of ANY of the candidates, and that's saying a lot.

Whether the next person is and R or a D, we need somebody that can bridge the aisle and start bringing things together.

Mark Meadows and Ted Cruz popped up first in my mind!
Not familiar with Meadows. What did Cruz say or do that would suggest his claim of purity? Do you offer any proof of anything, or do you just make wild allegations? Is there a specific thing I should research to demand that I agree with you. Trying to verify either way.

Not familiar with Meadows. What did Cruz say or do that would suggest his claim of purity? Do you offer any proof of anything, or do you just make wild allegations? Is there a specific thing I should research to demand that I agree with you. Trying to verify either way.
I like that Cruz and Meadows have spines, just like I like the same about Sanders and Warren.

I like that Cruz and Meadows have spines, just like I like the same about Sanders and Warren.
I like politicians who have spines, but there's something about Cruz that just hits my wrong. It's not the politics - I can disagree with someone's politics and still respect them. Maybe it's the venom. I don't see that playing well for a CiC.

So no one feels like I'm only picking on the right, I feel similarly about Warren. I love to hear the solid points she makes when she's questioning people about banking practices and the lack of punishment for a lot of people making decisions at high levels in banks that would be crimes punishable by significant prison sentences in much smaller scale cases. I think she would be a terrible CiC. She has worked that unfairness angle well on the financial side of the house, especially in the wake of the 2008 collapse. She's WAY too far left, and WAY to fervent in those beliefs for me to ever see her yielding on anything - horrible trait for someone who has to foster agreements from both sides of the aisle.

I will add this. I think both of these voices in politics are important - same reason that I like that we have people in this country on the far sides of both spectra. Those views have to be heard, but those are jumping off points to get people to come to some sort of compromise in the middle - the place where most of the country resides. It's that last part where we've been lacking recently.

Reactions: WhiteTailEER
I like politicians who have spines, but there's something about Cruz that just hits my wrong. It's not the politics - I can disagree with someone's politics and still respect them. Maybe it's the venom. I don't see that playing well for a CiC.

So no one feels like I'm only picking on the right, I feel similarly about Warren. I love to hear the solid points she makes when she's questioning people about banking practices and the lack of punishment for a lot of people making decisions at high levels in banks that would be crimes punishable by significant prison sentences in much smaller scale cases. I think she would be a terrible CiC. She has worked that unfairness angle well on the financial side of the house, especially in the wake of the 2008 collapse. She's WAY too far left, and WAY to fervent in those beliefs for me to ever see her yielding on anything - horrible trait for someone who has to foster agreements from both sides of the aisle.

I will add this. I think both of these voices in politics are important - same reason that I like that we have people in this country on the far sides of both spectra. Those views have to be heard, but those are jumping off points to get people to come to some sort of compromise in the middle - the place where most of the country resides. It's that last part where we've been lacking recently.
I personally dislike the way he combs his hair, but do not think that is justification to disregard him. If I can overlook Trey Gowdy hair, I should not struggle with the way any man combs.

Or....that's his plan all along....destroy the Republican Party and establish the Trump Party? Would make a lot of white racists happy. [winking]

By that logic @countryroads89 wouldn't be as mad as he is today. lol

Oh sweetie, I'm not mad. None of you mental midgets on this board can make me mad. And I'm especially thrilled that I don't look like a goofy looking Down's Syndrome Boy like you. Just think, not only are you "stuck" being an idiot, but you're stuck looking like you do. It could be worse, you could look like dildo dave.

Oh sweetie, I'm not mad. None of you mental midgets on this board can make me mad. And I'm especially thrilled that I don't look like a goofy looking Down's Syndrome Boy like you. Just think, not only are you "stuck" being an idiot, but you're stuck looking like you do. It could be worse, you could look like dildo dave.

You're obviously mad. Your meltdowns on here are hilarious. At the end of the day you are a racist, a welcher, pussy and an overweight pedophile

Yeah, you are not mad at all. That is why you respond to reality with grade school claims that you are glad you dont look like other people.

Nobody cares what you look like retardboy. Everyone knows you are a moron.

Reactions: Walter Brennaneer

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Reactions: roadtrasheer
fat fvck KKK mad AF today. hilarious. what a POS you are

ADVERTISEMENT