ADVERTISEMENT

Teyvon Myers flow

SteelHeadEer

All-Conference
Feb 2, 2013
At 6-3 with filthy handles and nba range, he can also finish at the rim.

This kid could play point as well. This film is from 2 years ago, he is a little stronger and more polished now.

Could this be the scorer that we've lacked? It's fun looking at a class and not knowing which one excited you the most.
I didn't expect anyone to stand out to me except Ahmad but I have to admit some of these other guys are looking really good as well. If Huggs gets them playing well together early on they should be helping WVU become a contender in the conference by Jan or Feb.

I didn't expect anyone to stand out to me except Ahmad but I have to admit some of these other guys are looking really good as well. If Huggs gets them playing well together early on they should be helping WVU become a contender in the conference by Jan or Feb.

Meyers will easily stand out from day one.

I agree and I should have said back when Ahmad committed I didn't think WVU would sign anyone else that would be real exciting. The class ended up being very good.

Perhaps the most complete roster WVU's had in a long time. Lamont could be the sleeper of the group with 30 lbs of Muscle added.

Reactions: SteelHeadEer
Is there any video out there of JUCO highlights from last year? The only thing I have found are from his freshman year.

Looks like it HAS to be Press Virginia again this year so that all this talent gets PT. It should be fun to watch.

Is there any video out there of JUCO highlights from last year? The only thing I have found are from his freshman year.

" Williston, ND - Teyvon Myers for the Williston State Teton basketball team was named as an Honorable Mention NJCAA All-American today by the NJCAA. The All-American award is voted on by a combination of Athletic Directors and Coaches from across the country. Myers scored 729 points on the season and averaged 25.1 per game. This was by far the best in the country. Myers outscored the 2nd best scorer by 1.3 points per game, which was the same gap between 2nd and 10th.

Myers, a guard from Brooklyn, New York joined the Tetons this summer after playing one season at Allan Hancock College in California. Myers played in all 30 games and ranked in the top 10 in free throws made and shots made. Myers recently verbally committed to West Virginia University who reached the Sweet 16 before losing to #1 ranked Kentucky. "

They usually make the highlight tapes after the season to get attention from schools to get offers.

He has no reason to put together a tape when he is committed.

Y
" Williston, ND - Teyvon Myers for the Williston State Teton basketball team was named as an Honorable Mention NJCAA All-American today by the NJCAA. The All-American award is voted on by a combination of Athletic Directors and Coaches from across the country. Myers scored 729 points on the season and averaged 25.1 per game. This was by far the best in the country. Myers outscored the 2nd best scorer by 1.3 points per game, which was the same gap between 2nd and 10th.

Myers, a guard from Brooklyn, New York joined the Tetons this summer after playing one season at Allan Hancock College in California. Myers played in all 30 games and ranked in the top 10 in free throws made and shots made. Myers recently verbally committed to West Virginia University who reached the Sweet 16 before losing to #1 ranked Kentucky. "

They usually make the highlight tapes after the season to get attention from schools to get offers.

He has no reason to put together a tape when he is committed.

Yeah, that's true. You would think there would at least be some single game or half season highlights out there before he committed.

I realize its a JUCO but comparing it to Ahmad, who has been committed longer, people are still pumping out tons of highlight videos of his senior year.

Y

Yeah, that's true. You would think there would at least be some single game or half season highlights out there before he committed.

I realize its a JUCO but comparing it to Ahmad, who has been committed longer, people are still pumping out tons of highlight videos of his senior year.
It's definitely odd. Basketball is easy to shoot and the egos are so huge everyone wants their videos posted online. I'll check with his coach and see if they have anything.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
At 6-3 with filthy handles and nba range, he can also finish at the rim.

This kid could play point as well. This film is from 2 years ago, he is a little stronger and more polished now.

Very nice. Would love to see him give us more points from outside. Without better outside shooting it's going to be easier for team to collapse down inside on us.

Very nice. Would love to see him give us more points from outside. Without better outside shooting it's going to be easier for team to collapse down inside on us.

I think we have some guys that can fill it up from the outside next year and that will give us room to do work inside.

I'm really hoping Macon and Holton worked on their games in and around the basket. Add Ahmad to Devin and we have some scoring in the paint all the way out to the mid range.

If Ahmad and Williams can work together they could create a nasty combo that would also open up the back side to Holton or Macon and our SG's posted up behind the arc.

We have the makings for a very dangerous team if the chemistry is there and the coaching staff are bringing their A game more often than not.

He has a bad release on his jumper. Will need some time to work on that at the next level if he wants to be effective.

He has a bad release on his jumper. Will need some time to work on that at the next level if he wants to be effective.
People overthink that. If you can score then who cares what it looks like?

I think his release from deep behind the arc looks almost identical to Eron. Yes, its a little low, but I will take someone who can snipe from NBA 3 point distance any day of the week.

Reggie Miller had a nice release. Squared his body to the basket with great feet. He didn't look like Ray Allen or anything but his shot and release were fantastic.

I'm not sure how you call his release fantastic? He would smack his shooting wrist into his guide hand... very strange release. He did square his body up, but that has nothing to do with his strange release. It is the main reason his shot was so successful though.

I'm not sure how you call his release fantastic? He would smack his shooting wrist into his guide hand... very strange release. He did square his body up, but that has nothing to do with his strange release. It is the main reason his shot was so successful though.

Here are the three of the best shooters ever. Go to 1.40 mark and watch Miller in slow motion. Perfect form.

You are talking about when he would shoot free throws. His free from motion was a set shot and different from his jump shot. For some reason Miller wanted more rotation on his free throws and it must have been worth it considering he was one of the best free throw shooters ever.

What is wrong with his release. It is above head at apex of his jump. Either Harris or Henderson one had a release below his chin - had to have open floor in front before he would attempt shot. Good D would hold him near scoreless.

If this guy is stepping in to his shot, he is deadly. And he has good hands for soft pass inside, and he can see the floor. Had not seen him before and assumed he was a marginal scholarship. Damned if that is so.

These two freshmen are going to make it interesting for the sophomores by mid-late season.

I think Myers will quickly become a fan favorite.

Press humming, turnovers, a Devin Williams dunk, a Myers crossover & bucket sequence...Coliseum will explode.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Here are the three of the best shooters ever. Go to 1.40 mark and watch Miller in slow motion. Perfect form.

You are talking about when he would shoot free throws. His free from motion was a set shot and different from his jump shot. For some reason Miller wanted more rotation on his free throws and it must have been worth it considering he was one of the best free throw shooters ever.

This is his goofy follow through on his shot I'm talking about where he would smack his right hand against his left on the follow through... it is far from textbook and he's the only person I've ever seen do it... it worked though!
7-89012164.jpg

This is his goofy follow through on his shot I'm talking about where he would smack his right hand against his left on the follow through... it is far from textbook and he's the only person I've ever seen do it... it worked though!
7-89012164.jpg
If you watched closely, he did that on really long attempts, not normal attempts. I think he used his off hand to help get the ball there and it drifted over into his shooting hand. I've noticed that a lot of shooters will have a slightly different realease and motion on really long attempts other than Ray Allen. Steph Curry even takes more of a little travel to his his apex when shooting a real long shot.

If you watched closely, he did that on really long attempts, not normal attempts. I think he used his off hand to help get the ball there and it drifted over into his shooting hand. I've noticed that a lot of shooters will have a slightly different realease and motion on really long attempts other than Ray Allen. Steph Curry even takes more of a little travel to his his apex when shooting a real long shot.

I don't remember ever watching him take a jump shot where he didn't do that, and he played during the era I really cared about the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT