ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court hands win to administration

On Health care. Just read it on the SCOTUS blog.
Why underline your post if it's not a link?

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

This scenario is a non-issue. This nation will be long gone well before such a scenario ever presents itself.

Wait for it .......... wait for it .............. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

Well they seemed to base their decision on the intent of the law and not how it was actually written...the next time I get pulled over I'm going to let the officer know I intended to go the speed limit and see if that works.

Well they seemed to base their decision on the intent of the law and not how it was actually written...the next time I get pulled over I'm going to let the officer know I intended to go the speed limit and see if that works.
I didn't read the ruling, but heard arguments over the intent and financial burden. If they ruled that way because of the financial ramifications, I wonder if they will rule consistently in the EPA case.

I didn't read the ruling, but heard arguments over the intent and financial burden. If they ruled that way because of the financial ramifications, I wonder if they will rule consistently in the EPA case.

Good point- that ruling may show if it was truly on the merits or if the court has gone decidedly left

Of course not.

I fully expect subjective rulings from SCOTUS since Roe v. Wade.
You people are so paranoid. Two supremes (Roberts, Kennedy) who ruled in favor of the administration (or too you winguts...regime) were appointed by conservative republican presidents. You guys love to whine when you don't get the result you want. The right decision was made. Scalia, Alito, and the mute are the judicial activists in this case. The intent was obvious. To rule against the admin would have been a case of the court defying the will of the people on the basis of 4 poorly written words. Intent means something.

You people are so paranoid. Two supremes (Roberts, Kennedy) who ruled in favor of the administration (or too you winguts...regime) were appointed by conservative republican presidents. You guys love to whine when you don't get the result you want. The right decision was made. Scalia, Alito, and the mute are the judicial activists in this case. The intent was obvious. To rule against the admin would have been a case of the court defying the will of the people on the basis of 4 poorly written words. Intent means something.

At the 31:30 mark. The words were exactly as intended, it backfired, and SCOTUS bailed Obama out.

Wait a minute! WVPATX told us this law would be overturned. It's unconstitutional. The law wasn't interpreted properly. Jonathan Turley told him so! :flush:[roll]

You're lying, I never said it would be overturned moron . And Turley was talking about Obama's executive orders, not this lawsuit.

Love the underlined quote from doc. LMAO.

I have zero problem with this ruling. Its great if it leads to more people having coverage. There was never a chance that the law would be changed. And for the record I have always been in favor of health care reform. The only problem I had was with the well documented lies when the bill was being sold.

I agree the concept of law was fine. I wonder how forceful the IRS enforces individual payment of their portion. It in not free anymore, at least individuals need to pay to have insurance. I'm sure Obama and gang have an out for the ones that don't pay the portion monthly/yearly.

Under the law today they must have insurance and must pay a portion of plan/ or a penalty.

The liberals will start pushing totally free insurance for the entitled fair shared bunch.

You can bet on that.

The SC is not supposed to create law but they have now done so on two occasions with Obamacare. It's not their job to rewrite law, it's congresses. Yet, they have chosen to ignore the very plain language of the law for politics. Our institutions are destroying the Constitution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT