ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of the U.S. Open... "Justice" served... link (good read)

I provided this article with an eye to what it could mean to West Virginia and, possibly, our new and fledgling golf team. Can you imagine having access to a potential U.S. Open and Nationally renowned golf course for our team. This extends to recruiting and the elevation (no pun intended) of our WVU Golf Classic tournament? Who wouldn't want to play on this course and at this venue? The Greenbriar!? Give me a break!

Has Justice made it official yet that he's considering running for Governor? If so, I'll vote for him. If nothing else, he's not a career politician like others, so that alone deserves a vote. And I really like what he has done with the Greenbrier since taking over. This new course seems awesome, lot of big name golfers behind it. Would be sweet to get a US Open Championship course here in WV. Would be great for the WVU team too.

Has Justice made it official yet that he's considering running for Governor? If so, I'll vote for him. If nothing else, he's not a career politician like others, so that alone deserves a vote. And I really like what he has done with the Greenbrier since taking over. This new course seems awesome, lot of big name golfers behind it. Would be sweet to get a US Open Championship course here in WV. Would be great for the WVU team too.

I like "political outsiders"... which is why I'm endorsing Donald Trump!!! (that should get some of you going!)

Ive never seen anyone milk the system like that guy in wv.

Buy the greenbrier for $20 million. Get gambling legal which is a license to print $$$$ off suckers. Get tax $$$$$ to subsidize a golf tourney annually. Get $20 million in State Tax Credits to do activity / infastructure improvements on a privately own resort. And then have people think you're some kind of new age independent capitalist.

PT Barnum was 100% right.

Btw the 2 things I hate most are Golf and Politics. Id like to see a plague whipe both Industries off earth.

Ive never seen anyone milk the system like that guy in wv.

Buy the greenbrier for $20 million. Get gambling legal which is a license to print $$$$ off suckers. Get tax $$$$$ to subsidize a golf tourney annually. Get $20 million in State Tax Credits to do activity / infastructure improvements on a privately own resort. And then have people think you're some kind of new age independent capitalist.

PT Barnum was 100% right.

Btw the 2 things I hate most are Golf and Politics. Id like to see a plague whipe both Industries off earth.

Next on your list are probably Christmas and the 4th of July!

3xWVUenginEER, You're amusing. Justice hasn't done anything illegal, like you make it sound. And, the state was smart to help steer this PGA tournament to our state. Do you not think that $20 million was recovered in spending instate, fueled by the golf tourney ? A bunch of the golfers donated almost that much to the fallen miners a few years ago.

All I see with Jim Justice is a man who truly loves West Virginia, and he puts his money where his mouth is to try to make our state better for everyone.

3xWVUenginEER, You're amusing. Justice hasn't done anything illegal, like you make it sound. And, the state was smart to help steer this PGA tournament to our state. Do you not think that $20 million was recovered in spending instate, fueled by the golf tourney ? A bunch of the golfers donated almost that much to the fallen miners a few years ago.

All I see with Jim Justice is a man who truly loves West Virginia, and he puts his money where his mouth is to try to make our state better for everyone.

I don't know the man, but I'm inclined to agree with you. He took an aging and (arguably) de-composing property and restored it to it's former glory and importance. He waves the WV flag and wants our state to be regarded in a different and more important light. For what he may have profited from, rightly or wrongly, (and I don't know about "wrongly"), he is contributing in very visible ways. He gives back from his largess from coaching a baseball team (or is it basketball?) and sponsoring all sorts of philanthropic endeavors. You can have all sorts of envy for the man but you can't overlook the positives. I think many of us would wish to give as much back.

He has done some amazing things. Built a billion dollar coal company. Runs a huge basketball tournament in Beckley that has been a significant community resource. Has been a friend to Little League. He's got the Greenbrier off the edge. What I don't understand though is why he has acquired the reputation of someone who sometimes does not pay his bills. I have heard multiple stories about him not paying contractors so it ends up in court or potentially in court--where the contractor can't afford to fight him. Mom and Pop type businesses that have really been hurt.

3X boy ain't rich. You can bet on that. He hates rich folks. WV needs more folks like Justice and less of the 3X size folks that hate golf yet profess to love football. What's up with that? Me? I got millions and billions.

Jim Justice is a snake in the grass. He may not have the title but he is a career politician. He panders the good ol' boy from WV image but only stays here because he is so intertwined with the politicians that they won't run him out of business like the state of Kentucky did.
He routinely bankrupts small businesses by running up huge tabs for products and services then never paying that tab. His latest stunt was to "Put hundreds of miners back to work by reopening idle mines in Wyoming and Mingo counties!" but as soon as he got the free publicity that that statement brought he called all of the workers and told them it wasn't gonna happen. He is a snake oil salesmen. Promising results and miracles but in the end its only about stuffing his pockets full with other peoples money.
It was a common occurrence for payday Friday to turn into a race for the bank by miners wives. They had to get their husbands checks cashed before the account went dry. Leaving some people unpaid for the work they performed.
If that's the kind of person you want in office by all means its your right to vote for him. Just don't say you weren't warned when he finds a way to bleed the state dry and then run to Florida with the lifetime politicians who allow him to do business this way without any attempt to stop it.

Jim Justice sells snake oil? I suggest that the sitting POTUS sold and continues to sell snake oil. Folks drink the Kool-Aid.

Jim Justice is the 39th richest man in the U.S. He got it from coal and a portion of it was inherited, much like most of the other "richest" folks did... with notable exceptions. He is valued at $1.7b (that's billion) and he seems to be giving back to a degree. As for the Greenbrier, that was a bankruptcy sale and anyone could have bid on it... but he did and no one else came close. He has returned it to its former glory so don't fault him on that business decision. I'm pleased he kept its ownership "in-state"! Like most things at this level, corruption can always be a piece of the equation but until it's proven, I will give the man some slack.

Warez (that's me) runs with the high rollers (think Jim Justice). I made all my jack offen my pickle farm. Yes........I picked pickles until I couldn't pick any more and then turned things over the kids. The young TorontoEER's is running my pickle farm these days. I pay him hunnards. Hunnards! That young mans is gonna be sompin one of these days! By the way...............ain't I good looking? All the womanses want ole Warez!

Reactions: SteelHeadEer
I provided this article with an eye to what it could mean to West Virginia and, possibly, our new and fledgling golf team. Can you imagine having access to a potential U.S. Open and Nationally renowned golf course for our team. This extends to recruiting and the elevation (no pun intended) of our WVU Golf Classic tournament? Who wouldn't want to play on this course and at this venue? The Greenbriar!? Give me a break!

Bowling Green State University Men's Golf Team holds there home golf tournament at the Greenbrier.

Warez (that's me) runs with the high rollers (think Jim Justice). I made all my jack offen my pickle farm. Yes........I picked pickles until I couldn't pick any more and then turned things over the kids. The young TorontoEER's is running my pickle farm these days. I pay him hunnards. Hunnards! That young mans is gonna be sompin one of these days! By the way...............ain't I good looking? All the womanses want ole Warez!

Did Mike Tyson bite off one of your ears?!

ADVERTISEMENT