ADVERTISEMENT

So, I was heading to PHL today......

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
.....for a late afternoon departure to Dayton OH.

Just before lunch, I receive an VM message....and later an E-mail.....indicating my 355pm departure has been canceled due apparently weather-related problems earlier in the day in the plane's routing. Of course, US Airways advises they've got nothing else available today, so they rebook me in the morning through DCA. Worse, tomorrow is my last day of work before leaving Saturday for vacation; so the last thing I want to do is spend another night in Philly (and lose much of my last day in the office tomorrow).

So, I get on the horn to US Airways, and a really nice CSR advises me of a departure from PHL at 555pm (though the departure is running late). Apparently, when my original flight canceled, available seats on this flight as yet had not been released. So, I gratefully confirm on this flight and am actually feeling, all things considered, pretty decent.

So, what happens next ?? About 30 minutes after getting off the horn with Reservations, I learn this re-booked flight.....which, in the interim, had it's departure delayed until past 900pm.....has also canceled. I'm sure this isn't totally unheard of on bad weather days; but in all my years of air travel, I myself have never had consecutive flights to a given destination cancel. OTOH, this IS Philadelphia we're talking about; outside maybe LGA, few airports in the universe are as negatively affected by iffy weather (and it's a stormy afternoon here).

So, as of 430pm EDT today, I've been rebooked a 3rd time to the last (I assume) PHL-DAY flight scheduled to depart 829pm......and whose departure is already delayed until 949pm. I'm delighted to have a confirmed seat (and boarding pass) in hand; but as you might expect, I'm not all that confident of anything pertaining to US Airways in Philly right now (or tonight).

Do me a favor and keep your fingers crossed on my behalf, will you ???

Just pray your seat isn't booked next to a fella by the name of Del Griffith! Shower curtain ring salesman...he can really grind ones gears! :wink:

But seriously...good luck and Godspeed!

Well, at least I finally departed last night on that 829pm (then 949) flight......which actually had wheels up right around 900PM (since weather in Philly improved fairly dramatically as the evening progressed, and incoming flights had a much easier time getting into PHL). But what was especially funny is that US Airways still sent me E-boarding passes this morning for the my original re-booked flight through DCA (and onto DAY).

ADVERTISEMENT