ADVERTISEMENT

Skyler Howard

Jesus? I'd settle with someone who could pass to wide open guys without over throwing them. Maybe Skyler is that guy and he had a bad day. But if you put that bad day with the games from last season you have to think it's the pattern not the anomaly.

A dose of Jesus wouldn't help with your issues, you see, Jesus healed the sick, not the stupid. [laughing]

Yeah ill just take your stance. Everything is awesome no worries at WVU land. And if we have success scream I told ya so to anyone who'll listen. And if these concerns turn out to be legit and the offense struggles I could just give abstract statistics that prove even when I was wrong I was still right. But the board isn't big enough for two of those and you've put in the time to carve out that role so i'll let you have it.
And just for the record our offense wasn't all of that and a bag of chips even with Trickett. We stalled out way too many times in the redzone and had to kick field goals. Now search your WVU handbook and give me some stats as to why I was wrong. you have all night I'm going to work [thumbsup]

He was 40% passing in a spring game in which he wasn't even playing with the starting core of receivers. Your right kid has no chance. Lord knows that bomb he threw to Gibson down the sidelines was terrible. SMH

Best part about your attempt at analyzing Howard's game is in no way could our defense especially our secondary be that good. Howard is just that bad. Stick to what you know, which is nothing

Reactions: MenoMosso
Good one [eyeroll] Do you get a trophy at the next clowns of WV.rivals meeting? Tell ship and Keaton hello for me.

How about I remind you about what Keaton and Ship already know. When Holgorsen told Gibson to sign Skyler Howard on the spot, I took a look at his highlights video, and posted that, "this kid can be the answer to our prayers"........ what he's done so far is to bump a senior down and become the #2 QB last season replacing the ailing Clint Trickett, and at the end of spring ball this year be named the #1 QB going into the fall season.

Now riddle me this, just how's that "clown" doing so far? [smoke]

A lot of these guys are the ones that were crying to 'BENCH TRICKETT! PUT HOWARD IN!!'

Thank GOD for the new and improved IGNORE FEATURE!
It makes the board a much, much better read.

So you agreed with 'these guys' ? Or not ?

Either you thought Clint was the man (he wasn't...even if it was because injuries)...or it was his backup.

His backup is now the man and you seemingly think it was a mistake to play him last year WHEN IT WAS OBVIOUS that something was wrong with Trickett.

You seem confused.

They just continue to spout there BS where anyone will listen and if you dare offer a differing opinion the end will soon come

Yeah ill just take your stance. Everything is awesome no worries at WVU land. And if we have success scream I told ya so to anyone who'll listen. And if these concerns turn out to be legit and the offense struggles I could just give abstract statistics that prove even when I was wrong I was still right. But the board isn't big enough for two of those and you've put in the time to carve out that role so i'll let you have it.
And just for the record our offense wasn't all of that and a bag of chips even with Trickett. We stalled out way too many times in the redzone and had to kick field goals. Now search your WVU handbook and give me some stats as to why I was wrong. you have all night I'm going to work [thumbsup]

Nothing impresses you...ever. You are widely known as the board downer....so be it ,and sorry you're so down on your luck...things will turn up soon I'm sure....

He looked marginally improved over the bowl game when he overthrew by five yards. Saturday his overthrows were only 2-3 yards. He looks like he could use an artillery forward observer...

The guy can take a shot...... and he appears to like it. Impressive and admirable if you're a football player, and it's going to happen, but getting your QB smacked like that is not what you want. Gotta' get some pads on those guys in different color football suits. [smoke]

For a comparative, who remembers Tricks numbers for his Spring Game? As I recall, I was more impressed with the arm strength and ability to extend the play of the walk on who never got a shot . Those receivers may have been a bit more accomplished.

How about I remind you about what Keaton and Ship already know. When Holgorsen told Gibson to sign Skyler Howard on the spot, I took a look at his highlights video, and posted that, "this kid can be the answer to our prayers"........ what he's done so far is to bump a senior down and become the #2 QB last season replacing the ailing Clint Trickett, and at the end of spring ball this year be named the #1 QB going into the fall season.

Now riddle me this, just how's that "clown" doing so far? [smoke]
Don't forget completing barely over half of his passes, leading us to two losses in three games, and go 9-22 in the only practice we get to see. Bumping a senior down, I hope you weren't implying Trickett? I'd say BUMPS to the noggin had more affect on that than Skyler. Or maybe you meant Paul Millard who sucked so bad that he got yanked mid-season and replaced with another QB who Dana thought was the answer. (You do remember Ford Childress? The kid Dana also signed who was basically ran outa town for sucking so bad.) Paul Millard was named the starter earlier than Skyler, how'd that pan out?
Fact of the matter Skyler may be the next Geno Smith or the next Paul Millard. I don't know. My statement is the kid to this point in his WVU career has missed a lot of passes because his accuracy isn't the best. That's all I've said about the kid.

Nothing impresses you...ever. You are widely known as the board downer....so be it ,and sorry you're so down on your luck...things will turn up soon I'm sure....
Thanks for taking the time to read all of my posts before coming to that conclusion. You must have missed the ones about the running backs impressing me. Or the one about the defense being good. But hey don't let fact get in the way of a good gang mauling.

That's all I've said about the kid.

So you claim, "That's all I've said about the kid"....... we hell, let's see, well, here's a collection of other quotes from you found in this thread alone. [smoke]

You don't care for Holgorsen? So what, Ho-hum, Who cares?

You don't care for Skyler Howard? So what, Ho-hum, Who cares?

If this is to be our QB we will not win more than five games. And two of those are given due to our super soft scheduling.

Were he completes just enough to be competitive in a bunch of losses.

I see a LOT of running the ball in this offenses future

Which game did you like the best? The one were we lost to both teams with a pulse or the one were we beat a team who was on the verge of getting their coach fired?

what did genos first 4 games look like? What did rasheeds first 4 look like? What did majors first 4 games look like?

Who knows what skuylar does but rarely are qbs defined by their first 4 games.

Basketball team goes to the Sweet 16.....

Eers1 needs to ask "is it fixed?".....

Thats really all you need to know about the guy.

OMG this ignore feature is awesome! I don't even have to see they posted!!!! I haven't been this happy since Morgan came back on The Walking Dead

So you claim, "That's all I've said about the kid"....... we hell, let's see, well, here's a collection of other quotes from you found in this thread alone. [smoke]

You don't care for Holgorsen? So what, Ho-hum, Who cares?

You don't care for Skyler Howard? So what, Ho-hum, Who cares?
Where in any post does it say I don't like Skyler Howard? I think he has accuracy issues. He plays hard and didn't back down when he got hit in the teeth. I like that about him. He is mobile and willing to run when things break down. I like that about him. He misses open receivers quite often. That I don't like. And it's been stated by numerous others that see it. But they haven't challenged the goon squad so it doesn't get turned into a capital offense when it's their opinion.

Where in any post does it say I don't like Skyler Howard? I think he has accuracy issues. He plays hard and didn't back down when he got hit in the teeth. I like that about him. He is mobile and willing to run when things break down. I like that about him. He misses open receivers quite often. That I don't like. And it's been stated by numerous others that see it. But they haven't challenged the goon squad so it doesn't get turned into a capital offense when it's their opinion.

Where in any post does anyone say you don't like Skyler Howard? [smoke]

I don't know enough about our WR's to say if his accuracy is bad. He threw 5 TD's and ZERO Int's. That's good. He had a low completion percentage at 55%. He only threw for 160 yards per game. That's not great either.

But you will be in every game you play if you don't turn it over. I like that.
Exactly good name the goon squad hell it wasn't a couple of months ago painted was one of the most despised users on this board he couldnt post anything without the goon squad eating him alive, now shucks he is one of them. How fast they forget but I'm sure he will end up back on the shit list it's just in him

Exactly good name the goon squad hell it wasn't a couple of months ago painted was one of the most despised users on this board he couldnt post anything without the goon squad eating him alive, now shucks he is one of them. How fast they forget but I'm sure he will end up back on the shit list it's just in him

Hey!!!!! Who the HELL SAYS I'm still not "one of the most despised users on this board"....... and the "goon squad" never threw a punch or laid a glove on me. :boxing:

.......and relic, if I need a friend...... I'll get a dog. [smoke]

Howard was only 9 for 22, and people are impressed SMH
If he goes 9 for 22 in a loss to Maryland, I would be concerned but 9 for 22 in a spring game doesn't really mean anything. I was concerned with his accuracy as well and even made a post or two about it. That is, until I listened to Dana's comments about him when he was named the "clear cut leader". I'm perfectly comfortable with Dana's opinion on our quarterbacks and fully expect that Howard will continue to improve all the way through fall camp.

The only real concern I would have is with our play calling. Head coaches can be pretty stubborn when it comes to calling a game(as we all know) and if we see that Howard has a limited or different skillset do we call the game to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. I just hope we don't call our games as if we had a healthy Trickett under center.

Hey!!!!! Who the HELL SAYS I'm still not "one of the most despised users on this board"....... and the "goon squad" never threw a punch or laid a glove on me. :boxing:

.......and relic, if I need a friend...... I'll get a dog. [smoke][/QUOTE sure you will

He looked marginally improved over the bowl game when he overthrew by five yards. Saturday his overthrows were only 2-3 yards. He looks like he could use an artillery forward observer...
The problem I see with Howard is that he looks like he is about 5'10" and it seems like most (not all) really good QB's are 6'3" or taller and weigh 220 or more. Hope I am dead wrong and he is the next Fran Tarkenton (yes I'm that old.

He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the games he played last season either! If this is to be our QB we will not win more than five games. And two of those are given due to our super soft scheduling.

LOL...ok. 2.5 games off the bench late in the year. Almost leads a big comeback win in one. Wins the next one. Throws 3 TDs in a close bowl loss. 8TDs and no picks over 10 quarters in his first D1 action. Yep...can't hit the broad side of a barn!

You couldn't make this stuff up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seems concerns about the QB position is legit. He is undersized, has JUCO experience and spent 1.5 years with WVU. Meaning Howard isn't exactly new to D1 football. He did have a lot of passing yards in his starts, yet couldn't keep the offense on the field when he needed to. The ISU win wasn't a pretty performance and against a pretty lousy opponent. The A&M game (and I know that the defense laying an egg certainly didn't help along with a WR drop or two) had 3 drives end in punt, punt, and FG due to Howard missing wide open targets and taking a big sack while scrambling around. I had the same concerns with Trickett, yet he only had one fall session and injuries to account for his questionable outings prior to the 2014-2015 season. I hope lightning strikes twice and Howard is way better this coming season because WVU will need him to be better than last year to have the same success as last year.

Even the boys over at ESPN said that his accuracy needs to improve just what they have seen this spring of him,noted only slight improvement in his accuracy.

I'd take their thoughts over yours... ...and I'm not even saying your sarcastic reply is wrong.
We have a few people on here are more worried about picking apart what you say than actually agreeing or disagreeing with what you say. You're never gonna get them to accept any opinion other than their own. Or even that you're allowed to have an opinion. If you need help, and you can find them, you might be able to hire the A-hole team.

Seems concerns about the QB position is legit. He is undersized, has JUCO experience and spent 1.5 years with WVU. Meaning Howard isn't exactly new to D1 football. He did have a lot of passing yards in his starts, yet couldn't keep the offense on the field when he needed to. The ISU win wasn't a pretty performance and against a pretty lousy opponent. The A&M game (and I know that the defense laying an egg certainly didn't help along with a WR drop or two) had 3 drives end in punt, punt, and FG due to Howard missing wide open targets and taking a big sack while scrambling around. I had the same concerns with Trickett, yet he only had one fall session and injuries to account for his questionable outings prior to the 2014-2015 season. I hope lightning strikes twice and Howard is way better this coming season because WVU will need him to be better than last year to have the same success as last year.
Howard may never be an NFL quarterback. The alternative to Howard, who has a little experience is three young guys who have none. If any of them were named starting QB right now there would still be "concerns about the QB position". He is the coaches pick at this point, not sure what people want to happen instead. I think people are just using this as another way to say that Holgerson is a numbskull.

Or they could be using a post about a QB to pose their questions about his perceived shortcomings. Everything is not about Dana Holgerson. Contrary to what a few people try to turn every conversation into

Last edited:
I miss you too. Despite the ability to post I'm not completely sure I'm actually welcome back to this forum.

Still, you can be assured that I'm reading it.

It's been a while for you, how you been? [smoke]

.......and btw, speaking for myself, all perspectives are welcomed. :beer:

ADVERTISEMENT